• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it's worth mentioning Ether Vapor Remaster is on sale for $1.99. I'm not well-versed enough in shmups to really pinpoint what this is closest to, but it's a frenetic, fast-paced shooter with some different top down and sidescrolling levels. Not quite a bullet hell, but it is super fun!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think there are more chances that Gears, Viva Pinata and the like will be transitioned to the Windows 8 store before they are made available on Steam.

In Jason Holtman I trust.

Microsoft seems to be just fine with releasing their older games on Steam.

Windows 8 store seems to be more for applications that carry over to the tablet space as well.

The only Win8 "app" I want to see on Steam is this. It's ridiculous that a port of an XBLA game is being touted as Win8-exclusive.

KarmaCow

I feel kinda bad for the developers behind Rain Blood Chronicles, it seems like it's suffering due to the publisher not promoting the game. It doesn't seem to be on sale even though it was 33% off on launch.

Sajjaja

AMD's APUs are pretty decent. One of my kids uses an APU (A10-6800) and it runs great for a bargain box.

My laptop's APU is surprisingly competent. I wanna say it's a Richland? A10-5745M. I imagine the desktop ones are even better with faster CPUs and GPUs.

Might see some 720p screens yet.

Aye, the Kaveri can run Battlefield 4 in 1080p in medium to high settings. Dual graphics with a 260X (hopefully it's compatible with it) and I'm set.

Milamber

Heads up, you get a Steam key for Papo & Yo for $1 at IndieGameStand

ilkyeF66RCqU0.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It feels like this is just an appetizer for Santa Gaben.

I already have a Vita, awesome console, you'll love it. I recommend you get a PSN Plus subscription with it, free games for a year, totally worth it.

Stop bending the term. Those are games that go with subscription that you won't access once you stop subscribing. Ergo it's not free since they're part of the subscription.

Ugh the Plussers really make me mad.

It feels like this is just an appetizer for Santa Gaben.

Stop bending the term. Those are games that go with subscription that you won't access once you stop subscribing. Ergo it's not free since they're part of the subscription.

Ugh the Plussers really make me mad.

Think of it anyway you want but for 50€ I played:

Bulletstorm
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Quantum Conundrum
Hitman Absolution
LOTR War in the north
Demon Souls
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Remember me
Okami
Jak trilogy
Need for speed most wanted
Rayman Origins
MGS HD
Gravity Rush
Catherine
XCOM Enemy Unkown
Oddworld stranger's wrath
Virtue's last reward
too many games to remember them all.

Bulletstorm
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Quantum Conundrum
Hitman Absolution
LOTR War in the north
Demon Souls
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Remember me
Okami
Jak trilogy
Rayman Origins
MGS HD
Gravity Rush
Catherine
XCOM Enemy Unkown
Virtue's last reward
its a moot point for me since i rarely play games a second time after i beat them
unless they have lots of cool extras or unlockables

Shadowrun is something that I wish I could have played in its prime. I haven't bothered since I heard the online was mostly dead, but I wanna play it so bad.

Baron_Calamity, can you finagle it and use an offline profile or does it not let you past the activation screen?

Can't get past activation. Not a huge deal. I have the 360 games.

MarionCB

Ooh, Gone Home for $5!

People should check it out. I paid $25 (including the 4 albums) for it last week, but it's so good, I'm not bothered at all.

Outlast looks good. I might get that.

Trine for a dollar? I bought it for $1.75 or so in an Amazon sale back in September, but that one doesn't activate on Steam. Hm...... Might see if someone wants some trading cards for it or something.

dark_chris

Bought Skyrim.

Considering RPG Maker. Anyone wanna sell me on it? Im teetering very much. I do have maybe one or two games in mind Id like to make.

MarionCB

I'm tempted by Left for Dead 2 but on its page it says: "Low Violence: Low Violence Version "

Is this some kind of censored version? Is it because I'm in Australia?

Colin.

Steam key for Papo y Yo for 1 dollar on indiegamestand.com

God dammit, already got that from the Humble store sale not too long ago. Not even played it yet, but seems easily worth $1. Started this Autumn sale off with Gone Home and Pandemonium. Now I just need to wait for more flash/dailies, so many 50% wishlist games begging for a drop.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Bulletstorm
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Quantum Conundrum
Hitman Absolution
LOTR War in the north
Demon Souls
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Remember me
Okami
Jak trilogy
Rayman Origins
MGS HD
Gravity Rush
Catherine
XCOM Enemy Unkown
Virtue's last reward

And yet you're still renting them. So get your sidetopic out of a Steam sale thread, please?

Poker Night at the Inventory: $2.50: Worth it I guess if you like Poker games. I'm glad chuckddd gave me a spare copy of 1. It's DAMN hard since AFAIK it doesn't show a "tell cheat sheet" like Poker Night 2 does.

But this will last me a little bit while I work on getting the TF2 items. By the time I get those maybe PNatI2 will be on sale for $2.50 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom