• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Dammit, Gone Home is high on my wishlist and that is a great price, but all I end up playing these days when I sit on my PC and look at my steam library are the crazy addicting CSGO and DOTA 2 so even $5 makes it hard for me to jump on the deal for something that I'll likely not touch for a while and end up being $2 or featured in a HB before I get around to installing it. Bah.

fernandes

SHMBL.gif

03xsd.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, Kerbal didn't get a discount

Think of it anyway you want but for 50€ I played:

Bulletstorm
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Quantum Conundrum
Hitman Absolution
LOTR War in the north
Demon Souls
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Remember me
Okami
Jak trilogy
Need for speed most wanted
Rayman Origins
MGS HD
Gravity Rush
Catherine
XCOM Enemy Unkown
Oddworld stranger's wrath
Virtue's last reward
too many games to remember them all.

Good for you.

It's still a misuse of the words and sounds like a marketing ploy.

LProtag

Hm, what are the chances of Kentucky Route Zero going on sale for more than the Humble Bundle sale? I really want to pick that game up, but I want to make sure the price is right.

reposting this before i go to bed

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-9028CEA69837CA31
Sleeping Dogs -- MB-E1DED29024E913ED

t1385674771z1.png

Really torn between getting Skyrim or holding off for a good deal on a better game later on. On the one hand, I want to see and play it because it looks lovely and the Viking thing is a sell for me.. On the other hand, I hated Oblivion and this looks like it's a natural evolution of that.. So.. :(

Really torn between getting Skyrim or holding off for a good deal on a better game later on. On the one hand, I want to see and play it because it looks lovely and the Viking thing is a sell for me.. On the other hand, I hated Oblivion and this looks like it's a natural evolution of that.. So.. :(

You can always wait until the Christmas sale.... probably will be the same price then.

I feel like I should buy Gone Home. I hear its an amazingly short game. I know the dollar to time ratio isnt that great of one, I just cant justify spending 20 bucks on something that short. I could spend 5 dollars on it though

Mattiator

Skyrim is awesome at times I couldn't enjoy oblivion but thought Skyrim was fun. It's not bad to look at and will give you many hours of exploring!

Anteater

Might just going to grab skyrim and spend the next month modding it... you win bethesda, and thanks for the ps3 ver.

9a5nxsenkt.gif

gonna just wait for the legendary ver to go lower to make modding easier, fuck this!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh, I always wondered.

What if, when PMing modbot, you sent a wrong entry, like rather than the key or the entry, you pasted a link to a website or something.

Wait until legendary is cheaper

Khronico

Forget Skyrim, buy Morrowind GOTY edition and never look back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MEGATON: Ubi has replaced the acute accent in Black Flag's name with an apostrophe:

omgumo3q.jpg

Now remove the acute accent and registered trademark symbol from AssCreed 3, Ubi. Oh, and release Tintin and King Kong on Steam already.

Gazoinks

Steam sales staring me in the face sucks when have no money. Why Gone Home why. >.>

How is Papa & Yo?
I highly recommend it if you're interested in the use of games as a storytelling or symbolic medium. I realize that sentence sounded pretentious. :p The gameplay is alright but not outstanding (at least it's there!), the visuals are nice but rough, where the game really excels is in its use of interaction to make its point, as well as just handling something you don't see much in games and doing it very well.

Anteater

Steam sales staring me in the face sucks when have no money. Why Gone Home why. >.>

I highly recommend it if you're interested in the use of games as a storytelling or symbolic medium. I realize that sentence sounded pretentious. :p The gameplay is alright but not outstanding (at least it's there!), the visuals are nice but rough, where the game really excels is in its use of interaction to make its point, as well as just handling something you don't see much in games and doing it very well.

Thanks for the impression, I'll just grab it, I'm kind of interested in the "story games" lately.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
I know this isn't Steam related, but this may interest some here. The Starcraft II expansion, Heart of the Swarm is 75% off, ($9.99) at the Microsoft Store with free shipping.

The MS store website is getting hammered right now due to their Black Friday deals going live, but if you use their mobile version site you can get through a little easier right now. Google Chrome has an app that will let you use the desktop Chrome as a mobile browser version (User Agent Switcher).

Link (No Referral): http://m.microsoftstore.com/msusa/Catalog/Product/260620400/Starcraft_II_Heart_of_the_Swarm_PC_Game?c=538677799

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes. For a licensed game especially, that's so good.

I sent off a support ticket, noting that while I expect to receive a canned response I'd appreciate it if the concerns could be forwarded to the relevant people. We'll see what happens over the next month or two (if the retroactive region lock situation with Black Flag proved anything it's that there is a ton of red tape at Ubi).

I actually have Tintin on Uplay already but I'd buy it on Steam in a heartbeat. King Kong I just want because, like Tintin, it's sitting there.

Edit: I also suggested finally giving Valve updated builds for Anno 1404 and Dawn of Discovery. Earlier versions have a bug that tends to break saves and the game was eventually pulled due to complaints; while Ubi patched the Uplay and retail flavours, the Steam versions were given the cold shoulder. It doesn't help that there are two apps to maintain, one for the US (Anno) and another for Europe (Dawn of Discovery), but 1404/DoD is old enough now that Ubi could just submit the latest builds and call it a day.

Anteater

Damn, wish Steam has Bioshock Infinite as low as gamefly, can't buy from there from my region and would rather use my steam wallet. Oh well.

Paz

I don't know if I can afford it currently, but you chose those gifs very well, I'm certainly interested. How well does it run? My specifications aren't great (I'm on a laptop) and the minimum specifications seem quite low but I just want to ensure it isn't vastly understated leaving me with a poor framerate before I add it to my wishlist.

EDIT: Wait, I can't seem to add it to my wishlist. Is this because it's Early Access? I've bookmarked it instead.

Hey mate, I'm the designer on the game and my suggestion is you download the demo and check out performance, full version will be a little bit better but demo is very representative. From my own experience it is very playable at 720p/low settings on a laptop with Intel HD4000 graphics (~60fps in single player a lot of the time) but YMMV.

Probably can't add it because it's early access, hopefully in a couple months that won't be a problem :p

Yay for being in steam sale, we're not featured on anything and nobody knows about the game so I doubt we'll see a massive spike, but it's good to be on for the ride :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom