• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Don't remember seeing it posted but Dominions 3 is $5 from Gamersgate (currently $10 on steam) and should redeem on steam.

I activated my copy I bought a couple of months ago

Dominions 3

New PC build coming leaves me reticent to buy much this sale. I'm hesitant to pick up Dark Souls with the end of GFWL being nigh. And the state of the vanilla port doesn't leave me any confidence that they'll patch in Steamworks support. I'd pick up SS2, but the GoG goodies and their tech support/built in compatibility fixes are generally the better value for older games like this. Don't Starve and Papers Please will both be cheaper and my backlog tells me wait. Might grab X-COM though. Wish the new xpac was a bit cheaper.

denx

Would buy FFVII, but it says you need a SquareEnix account. Fuck that. Might give in and finally buy Dark Souls, though. Any word on whether or not it's going to be switched over to Steamworks from GFWL?

No announcements yet about Dark Souls.

About FF7, eh it's alright I guess. It certainly didn't hurt creating a Squeenix account, and apart from that I think the Steam version of FF7 doesn't have any additional DRM. But if it bothers you, sure don't buy it, or wait until it's cheaper.

Just bought Bioshock Infinite for $8 off GMG.

Guess I'm done for today until I get to the store tomorrow. Hopefully some of those Amazon deals are still going on by then.

nbthedude

I'm hesitant to pick up Dark Souls with the end of GFWL being nigh. And the state of the vanilla port doesn't leave me any confidence that they'll patch in Steamworks support.

There is about a zero percent chance that if Namco doesn't patch it out, some modder will. Dark Souls is too well loved to let die.

There are still servers for the Dreamcast Phantasy Star Online for god's sake.

nbthedude

Is the DS4 a viable replacement for 360 controller on PC?

It works but it's a pain in the ass. You have to set it up using a third party program and the button prompts are never going to match up in game. 360 controller is the best if you have that option. PS3 controller will work ok as substitute if you already have one and blutooth.

No announcements yet about Dark Souls.

About FF7, eh it's alright I guess. It certainly didn't hurt creating a Squeenix account, and apart from that I think the Steam version of FF7 doesn't have any additional DRM. But if it bothers you, sure don't buy it, or wait until it's cheaper.

I just hate making new logins. Especially if it's for something as mundane as needless DRM. I'm getting a Vita soon. I'll just get VII on there. It's not like I've never played it before, so it's not really a priority, I guess.

Anyone have any opinions on Papers Please?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I brought the amazon far cry deal, but now steam is not accepting the key?

Amazon sells all sorts of digital games, including UPlay and straight downloads. I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft games are mostly UPlay codes, especially since most of them require UPlay to run even when using the Steam version

edit: Double checked, there's a Standard and Steam DRM, which one did you grab?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Amazon sells all sorts of digital games, including UPlay and straight downloads. I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft games are mostly UPlay codes, especially since most of them require UPlay to run even when using the Steam version

Amazon offers Steam keys for Far Cry 3 as well as AssCreed 3 and Black Flag. Either the key he received is invalid or he bought the wrong type.

Or they don't care. It's free advertising.

If they don't care, then why pretend otherwise?

Just got Gone Home last night for $5. I'm loving the atmosphere so far. I'm glad point and click adventures have seen such a strong resurgence lately.

denx

I just hate making new logins. Especially if it's for something as mundane as needless DRM. I'm getting a Vita soon. I'll just get VII on there. It's not like I've never played it before, so it's not really a priority, I guess.

Anyone have any opinions on Papers Please?

I'll make it simple for ya

Buy Final Fantasy 7
Buy Dark Souls
Buy Papers Please
Buy XCOM
Buy System Shock 2
Buy Skullgirls

This will make you a better person.

FzxlReX.gif

You can download the demo from the dev's website and try it yourself http://dukope.com/

Khronico

Don't remember seeing it posted but Dominions 3 is $5 from Gamersgate (currently $10 on steam) and should redeem on steam.

I activated my copy I bought a couple of months ago

Dominions 3

I can confirm that this works, just bought it and redeemed the key ten minutes ago.

One game on my wishlist down, 26 to go...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Final Fantasy VII for $3.99 is an absolute steal.

I finished it recently (100% achievements) and it took 65 hours. 65 glorious hours.

See honestly I think I'll probably just wait for 2's proper PC port. Signs point to it being a better game than the first, no?

I just finished DS a few weeks ago. DSfix takes roughly 5 minutes to get up and running and works beautifully. Yeah, out of the box DS 2 should be a better pc version (not exactly a high bar) but what Durante has done makes DS totally a 100% enjoyable experience. Looks great too.

dani_dc

Thanks!

Will probably pick up Brothers: A tale of Two Sons and ETS2 (assuming the edition with the DLC also goes on sale) with the coupon unless those two go cheaper on Steam.

nbthedude

See honestly I think I'll probably just wait for 2's proper PC port. Signs point to it being a better game than the first, no?

It's not like Dark Souls 2 will replace Dark Souls 2. This ain't Call of Duty.

It's more akin to saying don't bother playing Super Mario 3D World because a new Mario game will be out next year.

Dr Dogg

If anyone passed up on Dark Souls at 80% off I don't want to live in this world anymore.

Also only 50% off XCOM dlc? Pfft regardless that it's a bit crap it knew I should have snagged it on that Amazon deal a few days ago.

Oh well time to buy System Shock 2 for the 5th time.

Grief.exe

System Shock 2
Dark Souls
Papers Please
Don't starve
Xcom

Buy these. If you bought Skyrim yesterday and are passing on these titles today, then we are officially not friends anymore, and I would have to question your humanity.

SS2 Mod guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom