• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Amazon sells all sorts of digital games, including UPlay and straight downloads. I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft games are mostly UPlay codes, especially since most of them require UPlay to run even when using the Steam version

edit: Double checked, there's a Standard and Steam DRM, which one did you grab?

Looks like I got the uplay version, oh well.

ibn78JA7HQEqcm.gif

Amazing gif.

System Shock 2 - Have it on GOG
Dark Souls - Beaten it 3 times
Papers Please - Looks cool, but not enough
Don't starve - Don't like it
Xcom - Have it on iOS

Buy these. If you bought Skyrim yesterday and are passing on these titles today, then we are officially not friends anymore, and I would have to question your humanity.

SS2 Mod guide
I got Skyrim just 10 mins ago, so what now? :p

Clawww

Stop making excuses and buy Dark Souls and if you get your ass handed to you suck it up and remember what it was like when you were young and loved games that were mean to you and just keep going.

kafiend

They didn't actually say they were too busy, did they? I mean, I understand if it was "We have a complete edition coming soon so the DLC won't be on sale individually" but on some level I really hope they said "Hey, we wanted to put it on sale, but...you know. Hard work."

Not exactly, that was me putting words in their mouths. The exact quote I bastardised from the old thread about failing to discount DLC when main game is on sale was:

Exactly. They will be on discount, but not in the following few weeks. For now, we are focusing on the Complete Pack.

Haven't run into the bug when climbing down a ladder in Dark Souls with the 60fps fix (Asylum). Does that mean I'm pretty much safe to play the entire game with the 60fps mod ? What's the bug anyway, is it anything gamebreaking ? I have some ugly framerate drops in the Asylum when 60fps isn't enabled so I'd like to play with it as most as possible.

Oh and last question, can people still join me if the 60fps mod is enabled ?

FloatOn

Just made my first autumn sale purchase:

Skullgirls
Reus
The Chaos Engine

all for less than 15. I broke the golden rule for Reus and Chaos Engine but whatever man 66% off is close enough for such cheap games.

When does system shock 2 start to pick up? I find it pretty hard to get into, possibly because of the dated graphics. The tutorial section seems to drag.

Clawww

Haven't run into the bug when climbing down a ladder in Dark Souls with the 60fps fix (Asylum). Does that mean I'm pretty much safe to play the entire game with the 60fps mod ? What's the bug anyway, is it anything gamebreaking ? I have some ugly framerate drops in the Asylum when 60fps isn't enabled so I'd like to play with it as most as possible.

Oh and last question, can people still join me if the 60fps mod is enabled ?

The problem isn't with climbing down ladders, but with sliding down them. Just don't do that and you'll be fine. There are supposedly certain clutch jumps that get messed up on 60fps, but I didn't have any issues in my playthrough so I wouldn't worry about it.

The game is not for me, but I'd recommend anyone to try Dark Souls at that price as long as you won't give up after being killed a few times. You'll become decent at the game pretty quickly if you keep going.

I put a good amount of time into it even though I didn't fall in love with it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls -- MB-EE1ED7B49A4726E1 - Taken by The_Monk
everyone needs this game.

The problem isn't with climbing down ladders, but with sliding down them. Just don't do that and you'll be fine. There are supposedly certain clutch jumps that get messed up on 60fps, but I didn't have any issues in my playthrough so I wouldn't worry about it.

i haven't encountered the sliding ladder bug for a long while, not sure if it's officially 'fixed' though.

dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

Buy it!
The only downside is that you'll feel bad for having paid so little for it.

Literally one of the worst levels in a video game. Shit isn't hard enough, maybe we should just make it pitch black so you can't see. =)

A truly great game. Highly recommend the "prepare to cry" youtube series after beating it too.

didamangi

See honestly I think I'll probably just wait for 2's proper PC port. Signs point to it being a better game than the first, no?

Honestly, don't miss out on this. The game is a challenging masterpiece with giant, glorious bosses that actually need strategy and skill to beat
(minus pinwheel :D)
unlike other games where it's all flash and all you need is a few QTE presses and neon bright signs showing you where to hit.

You'll want to experience this before DS2 comes out.

Anteater

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for Anteater:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Thirty Nine Steps -- MB-89168992B18CB787 - Taken by firehawk12. 4 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-40B6D742C7BC8166 - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.

t1385665504z1.png

I'm almost afraid to ask this but what exactly is so good about Dark Souls?

I'm just curious as I see a lot of people rave about it and I just wanted to know what makes the game so well received?

denx

When does system shock 2 start to pick up? I find it pretty hard to get into, possibly because of the dated graphics. The tutorial section seems to drag.

Yeah, the intro tutorial is kind of boring. However, as soon as you are left on the ship, things pick up. The game oozes atmosphere and the fact that you're always short on supplies and enemies are everywhere makes it one of the tensest games I've played. Stick with it for a little longer and see what you think.

Lain

The first 18 deals for GMG's 4Play got leaked:
[...]

Looking at the percentages, and doing some rough comparisons, it seems to me that some of those deals end up being poor or almost comparable to what is offered right now on Steam/what will be up on Amazon, even when factoring in the 20% coupons on top of it.
A little bit disappointing, in a way.... though it also means less money spent, so it's good as well.

What are the must have mods for Skyrim? It is like Oblivion, I'll use the console and screw around after I get tired of the combat.

Skyrim 2K Textures
Climates of Tamriel
Realistic Lighting Overhaul
W.A.T.E.R. (there are a few good water mods)
ENB, if you find a preset you like.
Flora Overhaul

Just to name a few.

What are the must have mods for Skyrim? It is like Oblivion, I'll use the console and screw around after I get tired of the combat.

Unnoficial patch, SkyUI or any other mod that revampd it, there is a mod that bring back classes and status instead of the stupid health, mana, stamina system. Tgete are a ton of graphical mods for you to choosr.

I hate brutally hard games so no thanks on dark souls.

I honestly believe the reason DS gets this rap is because it is horrendous at explaining it's systems. Use wiki's or whatever to learn how that stuff works and the game becomes significantly easier, imho.

The other thing is you have to think about dying as not really a bad thing, just a way of learning what you did wrong. There hasn't been a game that feels this rewarding to succeed in for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom