• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difficulty has been overstated. It's not a cakewalk, you're not going to go through it without any deaths, but it's designed with that in mind and therefore it handles difficulty much better than most games. In terms of manual dexterity it's not very demanding at all. I honestly think almost anyone can play it. It's an amazing game for so many reasons, at this price you owe it to yourself to try it.
I hate owing myself stuff. I am constantly in my debt.

nbthedude

So I see a bunch of the Ys games are on sale, Ys Origins for $9.99 and Ys I & II and Ys the Oath in Felghana for $7.49. Are these games worth it?

I never did a Steam Sale before, looking for to picking up System Shock 2 and Papers, Please though!

Do not buy any games that are not Daily Sales or Flash Sales until the last day.

There is a very good chance the Ys games will get cheaper as they may become a flash or a daily sale. But yes, they are great if you like Action JRPGS.

When you have most of the games on Steam that you want, the sales become less interesting.

Today has so many amazing games on sale, the Steam newbies are having a field day

System Shock 2
Dark Souls
Papers Please
Don't starve
Xcom

You are probably very happy with the direction modern gaming is going then.

I don't want easy games. I just don't want to get constantly frustrated by dying over and over in the same spot.

denx

So I see a bunch of the Ys games are on sale, Ys Origins for $9.99 and Ys I & II and Ys the Oath in Felghana for $7.49. Are these games worth it?

I never did a Steam Sale before, looking for to picking up System Shock 2 and Papers, Please though!

Wait for a Daily or a Flash sale for the Ys games. They can be cheaper.

Buy System Shock 2 and Papers Please RIGHT NOW.

I'm currently running a giveaway for Papers, Please - if you've posted a few times in the current Steam thread (not this sale one), you;ll be eligible to enter :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91646566&postcount=2444

eot

Banned
See I hate dying in any game. I shouldn't, but I always get mad when I have to retry sections a lot.

I don't like dying in say a shooter either, but those games are designed differently. The point of a shooter is to get to the end of the level. In Dark Souls a level is there to teach you something about the game and just reaching the geographical end of it is meaningless. You'll progress from it when you understand all the encounters in it. It's a unique game and you shouldn't think of death in it like you do in other games. It knows you will die and that's part of the game.

I hate owing myself stuff. I am constantly in my debt.

Well whatever. It's the best game in forever, or maybe since Super Metroid. You're missing out.

Dr Dogg

My plan to hold out has failed. caved in for XCOM already. Ah well, thats the weekend sorted. That, and darts.

Weekend and maybe a lot longer. XCOM will consume your life. You and your merry band of guys and gals will laugh, smile and cry together until either their all dead or you finish a campaign. Then you'll start all over again, maybe trying Ironman if your a masochist.

mrgone

Hey, they fixed the discount on Spacebase DF-9. It's at 33% now ($16.74) for people who own a Double Fine game. Still maybe a little low given the current state of the game (early access), but cool that they got it fixed

Scoica

Banned
Humble Bundle
TIER 1: $1
  • Jamestown
  • Closure
  • SPAZ
  • Shatter
TIER 2: $6
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Defense Grid Gold
hFolCoT.jpg

sigh, was hoping to see something good like a pack with all Bioshocks

masterkajo

Thanks for the feedback. Might actually pick it up at that price.

I encourage you to do this. In addition to all what was said already, I am totally in love with the lore of the world and how it is told. Unlike any modern game where you have a lot of cutscenes and dialogues you are told about the history, events and people by observing the environment and actually paying attention to your surroundings, people you meet and items. It is a brilliant way of telling a story.

Li Kao

Well, total disaster on the daily front, but then again I bought a lot of stuff this year :-x
Was contemplating buying an Amazon PSN code for The Last of US, but it's still pricey and, Jeff, don't think I haven't noticed that you included one of my best gaming memories in your sale ! (X-Com collection, the one, true X-Com*)

*sorry to a certain adorable English chaps

Edit - And to think I have the collection already, but who wants DRM-free ?... Halp.

Erekiddo

Kentucky Route Zero on sale at Humble Bundle: $12.49. Ends in 24 hours

Kentucky Route Zero on sale on Steam, $18.74. Possible flash sale? But it might not get one.

What do I doooo. :(

Sini

Steam did initially eat codes. It was the most annoying thing ever and an utterly stupid oversight on Valve's part.
It still eats some codes. I accidentally activated Killing Floor code in the summer when I already had KF since 2011.
It even removed the old KF transaction from my transactions list. It still shows up in the licences section.

PriitV

Bought the bundle thinking I didn't have that game, turns out I already have it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SPAZ -- MB-B79CD58B28827CBD - Taken by Dusk Golem
Jamestown -- MB-53A5A39037ABE4C9 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Shatter -- MB-931EC91B372BFB2F - Taken by Gez
Closure -- MB-79DCEBBD6B17C6F8 - Taken by Drkirby

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Really debating Dominions 3: The Awakening, anyone here think it's a must buy?

Li Kao

So Elder Sign - Omens, a supposedly very good tablet boardgame got released on Steam... during the sale onslaught ? And it's 14 euros ? Dear god, did nobody warn the publisher ? The sales numbers, the sales numbers...

Sini

The sub it activated would have contained something you didn't have, like a piece of DLC.
I investigated further and the code I accidentally activated was for retail version of the sub. SteamDB shows it's identical to normal KF subscription that I had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom