• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm an ass, I thought I didn't own Closure. Well, only one way to rectify this.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Closure -- MB-F9A3A3FC24C8DC8E - Taken by Thorgal
Jamestown -- MB-998B795D894E079B - Taken by Accoun
Shatter -- MB-FCE4FD2734656EEB - Taken by Japle
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-55B64A520FE69740 - Taken by DurielBlack

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I investigated further and the code I accidentally activated was for retail version of the sub. SteamDB shows it's identical to normal KF subscription that I had before.

Are you sure? Here are the general retail and store subs:

1769 Killing Floor Retail said:
1260 Tool Killing Floor SDK
35420 Game Killing Floor Mod: Defence Alliance 2 (Defence Alliance 2)
1250 Game Killing Floor
1255 DLC Killing Floor DLC 1
1579 Killing Floor said:
1260 Tool Killing Floor SDK
35420 Game Killing Floor Mod: Defence Alliance 2 (Defence Alliance 2)
1250 Game Killing Floor

Edit: 1580, which is what the Eastern European, Brazilian and Japanese stores use, contains the same three items as 1579.

Li Kao

Ah k. Am I supposed to get some sort of message for that? Haven't gotten anything.

Lol thanks to a nice Gaffer I can now tell you that a pop-up appears telling you someone added you to his friend list. Then you open your friend list and the person should be at the top of the list with "accept" "ignore" etc...
Check the top of your friend list !

Giard

Really debating Dominions 3: The Awakening, anyone here think it's a must buy?

One of the best turn-based strategy games around. The graphics are awful though.

The fourth one was released on Desura, I can only hope it'll be released on Steam as well.

t-ramp

So far I've got Rogue Legacy, Dark Souls, and FF7. Plus whatever game it was that Gamersgate had for $5 this morning. That's like $20, I should stop.

So let's pretend I've never bought a game on PC before and wanted to use this sale to start a little collection... So far I'm looking at getting Dark Souls, Super Hexagon, Binding of Isaac, Terraria, Don't Starve and Papers Please...

Are these good choices? Is there anything else that's a must have? I'm not really into FPS and my PC is not a graphics powerhouse.

So let's pretend I've never bought a game on PC before and wanted to use this sale to start a little collection... So far I'm looking at getting Dark Souls, Super Hexagon, Binding of Isaac, Terraria, Don't Starve and Papers Please...

Are these good choices? Is there anything else that's a must have? I'm not really into FPS and my PC is not a graphics powerhouse.

Sleeping Dogs for $5 is great.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I never thought saving money would be something that makes me sad.
I'm pretty sure I bought games from the very first massive Steam sale that I have yet to install. lol

Kentucky Route Zero on sale at Humble Bundle: $12.49. Ends in 24 hours

Kentucky Route Zero on sale on Steam, $18.74. Possible flash sale? But it might not get one.

What do I doooo. :(
For what it's worth, the last time it was on flash sale last year, it was also 12.49.

Gazoinks

Assuming you like hard (but fair) games (Dark Souls, Don't Starve, Isaac) this is a great collection that'll probably give you plenty of playtime.

Wish the new CK2 DLC was discounted. :x

Li Kao

For what it's worth, the last time it was on flash sale last year, it was also 12.49.

And the dev are not stupid. If it's cheaper elsewhere there is a good possibility that they have applied the same price to an eventual flash or daily.
Now, will it be chosen by Valve...

As always, can't hurt to wait for the last day of sale and advise.

Copons

HUMBLE WEEKLY QUICK QUESTIONS

1) What's Defense Grid Gold? I can't seem to find it on Steam. I have DG Awakening in my wishlist (can't even remember why, but hey.. :D ) but I dunno. Does this DG Gold in some way includes Awakening?

2) Is SPAZ any good? I don't see it in my library even though I was sure I owned it, so I just want to know if I should add it or give away it!

Thanks guyz

So far I've got Rogue Legacy, Dark Souls, and FF7. Plus whatever game it was that Gamersgate had for $5 this morning. That's like $20, I should stop.

Stop? You just picked up 3 amazing games and one mystery game.

You're just hitting the gas. Time to floor it. Don't stop until your credit card company starts calling you with fraud alerts!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
HUMBLE WEEKLY QUICK QUESTIONS

1) What's Defense Grid Gold? I can't seem to find it on Steam. I have DG Awakening in my wishlist (can't even remember why, but hey.. :D ) but I dunno. Does this DG Gold in some way includes Awakening?

I'd guess it's this. It's the only retail game + DLC sub in the registry.

Edit: Oh, wait, there's also this and this, which contain Borderlands DLC. The former lacks the You Monster DLC, though, and given the "Gold" moniker you could presumably rule it out as a candidate.

Edit edit: Derp, I muddled up the tabs. Fixed.

Tellaerin

Thanks for Hacker Duality, Anteater. : )

Shitty game.

Hey, I got a fair bit of entertainment out of SPAZ! (It's no Star Control 2, but then again, what is?) Jamestown's another game I enjoyed quite a bit. Speaking of which...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jamestown -- MB-A439C968ACAE4A2F - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-09B9F87185E8690F - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

Scoica

Banned

Dark Souls is a must, theres no other games like this brutal franchise made anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3HdfzC7Shg
strong will and a gamepad are required:D

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Thanks for Hacker Duality, Anteater. : )

Hey, I got a fair bit of entertainment out of SPAZ! (It's no Star Control 2, but then again, what is?) Jamestown's another game I enjoyed quite a bit. Speaking of which...

Took Jamestown, looks like a fun shmup. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom