• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
Dark Souls is hard. People that try and say otherwise are looking at it with hindsight and are being terribly misleading. Its a hard, challenging game. Incredibly rewarding and not anything you need to be a gaming wizard to play and finish, but hard nonetheless. You will die a lot. Everybody dies a lot. Its hard.

MRORANGE

Salsa is too busy winning an Emmy and playing the vuvuzela with some chick he met on OKCupid.

Someone needs to pretend to be a hot south american gaffer who likes pc games, that will get his attention.

Always happy to help out if people want Australian prices.

I honestly forgot about Australia.... then I remembered the taxes.

I did something stupid and had to cancel my CC, so, until my new one arrives, I'm living of bank payments to my Steam Wallet, which takes 3 days to register (it also has a 50 cent tax to do so, so I can't just keep adding money in the amount I need, otherwise I'd be losing money), so I can't really help anyone.

Also, there's an extra 6% tax I have to pay when making CC purchases on Steam now (on top of whatever else you'd have to pay me on paypal, I usually do a 10% blanket tax), so Unless I had massive amounts of Steam Wallet Funds (which I don't), I Wouldn't be able to help much....

I might be able to skip the 6% tax once my new card shows up, or at least make it smaller, and still be able to buy things on the spot, but I won't be able to test it until them. I should have an answer for the Winter Sale though.

eh, no worries, I'm just pointing it out if people were interested in helping.

Big-E

So I have System Shock 2 on GOG but I kind of want to buy it on Steam. Do all the mods work with the Steam version?

take me with you
im sick of waiting for guaca to go on daily/flash lol

I was a bit of a doubter of guacamole. But thanks to PS+ I put about three hours into it last night. It is quite excellent and I'm also looking for a steam deal.

I honestly forgot about Australia.... then I remembered the taxes.

It is a bit of a joke...but we actually do get the odd good price, like Deadpool for $22.5 or the Transformer games. So it is always worth a look if certain games go on sale.

Dibbz

Played 10 mins of Dark Souls.

hahahah wtf this port should be illegal. Playing with dual screens and the mouse cursor wanders onto my second screen and I click and the game minimizes because I click on the desktop when I tried to attack.

Was only trying out the durante fix, will play it with my DS4 hopefully when I get that.

I feel bad for anyone who bought it and played it keyboard and mouse the whole way through. Prepare to Die edition indeed.

Grief.exe

Played 10 mins of Dark Souls.

hahahah wtf this port should be illegal. Playing with dual screens and the mouse cursor wanders onto my second screen and I click and the game minimizes because I click on the desktop when I tried to attack.

Was only trying out the durante fix, will play it with my DS4 hopefully when I get that.

I feel bad for anyone who bought it and played it keyboard and mouse the whole way through. Prepare to Die edition indeed.

There is a mod to fix the K/M controls, but they are still bad. Controller is highly recommended to play that game.

Sini

I just made my first purchase ever from Amazon and I noticed it doesn't require card security code, just account number and expiration date. Why and how?
Every other place I have purchased(Steam, Humble Store, GMG) wanted that as well. I just got credit card 4 days ago so I'm very inexperienced with those.
Any insight on this?

scotcheggz

Jesus Christ papers please is depressing, oh hey, you have a story? 2 days transit, all I need to know!

Played it for about 9 days, every morning I didn't want to go to work and wanted to turn it off, but then I went anyway. Pretty good game!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Holy shit, any way around the stupid SE bullshit for FF7? Can't get to the game since "login" is invalid and I even changed the password. Such bs.

I played a bit of Outlast and seriously...

... it somehow feels like it was made for Oculus Rift. Hiding under desks, looking down to see your body. I wish the Rift would have a consumer version right now without the screen door effect.

Anilx3

Wow, so for my first Steam sale I got all these games for $20

Papers, Please
System Shock 2
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Final Fantasy VII
Real Myst
Riven

Antichamber looks tempting too, so many games. Steam is awesome, Master Race indeed!

Sullichin

Any insight on this?
This is normal. Sometimes Amazon will ask for the security code, but not always. Once you set up your card you can buy things with one click. If you're buying from a computer you haven't purchased from before, it might ask you to put in your card number or security code again.

webrunner

Wow, so for my first Steam sale I got all these games for $20

Papers, Please
System Shock 2
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Final Fantasy VII
Real Myst
Riven

Antichamber looks tempting too, so many games. Steam is awesome, Master Race indeed!

It's funny how a person's first steam sale is like WHAT THE HELL. eventually you'll just have hundreds of games and be like "got that one, got that one.. is the dlc on sale? no, dang, got that one.."

Freezard

People, don't buy XCOM: EU on Steam, you can get the XCOM Collection which includes the DLC + the older games on Amazon for the same price ($10).

senahorse

It's funny how a person's first steam sale is like WHAT THE HELL. eventually you'll just have hundreds of games and be like "got that one, got that one.. is the dlc on sale? no, dang, got that one.."

The first couple of Steam sales are amazing, I wish I could have that experience back, or you know, I could just play some of the bazillion games I have bought :p

Sini

DAFYWpg.jpg

Sonic and Sega All Star Racing is on sale for 5 bucks right now but my cheap ass won't buy it because it may end up in a Humble Bundle.

Damn these sales. I can't commit because there might be a better one.

Ogimachi

Any insight on this?
It's normal. The code isn't really required to make a purchase, though most retailers ask for it in order to deal with frauds and chargebacks. Amazon has been criticized for this, but they probably have good relations with the credit card companies and/or has its own ways of dealing with those issues.

Anilx3

It really is something, I've been a console gamer exclusively for a long time, never got the Steam hype until now.

I guess I need to upgrade my PC next to play some of these games on sale!

KarmaCow

Sonic and Sega All Star Racing is on sale for 5 bucks right now but my cheap ass won't buy it because it may end up in a Humble Bundle.

Damn these sales.

It's been part of other bundles but I doubt it'll be part of some sort of pay what you want type bundle. I don't think Sega goes for that kind of thing.

In the US.

Unless they recently changed it you just need to put an American billing address. I use Google's headquarters and my credit card seems to work fine.

Damn these sales. I can't commit because there might be a better one.

About that game, I got it but can't seem to make the controller work on my W8 laptop. It works in other games, it works on W7, but nothing here. Hate it.

Still trying to decide if I want to bite on Sanctum 2. Enjoyed the first one and Super Sanctum TD, but heard 2 isn't nearly as good if you play solo. Also a weird part of me is all "FIVE BUCKS FOR THE GAME AND DLC IS TOO MUCH" which is silly but.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom