• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbthedude

Fuck trying to run FF7. Pirates win yet again. I got my password wrong and now i can't even log in at all.

It's weird, I just bought it and litereally clicked one button and was in the game.

But I think I may have had a Squareenix account already from from Sleeping Dogs or Tomb Raider or something. It just auto-found it for me and I literally went from downloaded to playing the game in 5 seconds.

It's weird, I just bought it and litereally clicked one button and was in the game.

But I think I may have had a Squareenix account already from from Sleeping Dogs or Tomb Raider or something. It just auto-found it for me and I literally went from downloaded to playing the game in 5 seconds.

i believe those games dont require an account.

feel

Which CS is best CS? *puts on flame vest*

I played CS:S for the first time at a LAN a while ago and had a great time. It seems like people are all over the place so I don't care as much about game play as I do about (1) which one is easier to implement at a LAN and (2) which is played by more people.
Unless you've grown extremely attached to the gameplay of the older CS games down to every pixel there's absolutely no reason to play them over CSGO.

Besides the modern UI and it constantly being improved weekly with patches, CS:GO has official ranked matchmaking that puts you up against players of similar skill level ( and with no dumb rules, goofy soundbytes or stupid ammounts of players) and gets your blood pumping, the others just have community-run servers (super booooring and a pain to find a decent match IMO).

Derrick01

Banned
So Rogue Legacy is alright I guess but I'm not fond of how the entire design revolves around grinding by repetition. I've already died well over 20 times since I got the achievement a while ago and I still haven't gotten strong enough to really handle the first boss yet. Despite unlocking a lot of abilities in the tree and buying a few new pieces of gear I feel like I haven't progressed at all yet. I dunno the whole beat you over the head with harsh difficulty and no retries doesn't appeal to me much, it's not the kind of difficulty I look for in games. Also the trait system, while humorous at times, is mostly a gimmick. Only a select few have any real effect on the gameplay, like being a midget affects your swing length while being bigger makes it harder to dodge attacks.

Bought Outlast, i know nothing about this game other than its a Shit Em'Up, maybe similar to Amnesia. Starting it tomorrow night with headphones. I hope i'm in for a treat :)

Ifrit

I guess I need a proxy to fool the server into thinking I'm in the US. I have a US address I used to buy PSN codes before.

You don't need that, amazon doesn't check your IP

I have bought digital content on Amazon outside the US without a single problem

There's also the gifting option from fellow gaffers

Momentary

Banned
I selected steam instead of the uplay version and it shows up as 34.99. Does Steam allow you to upgrade to the gold edition for a certain amount? If so, I'll buy this right now.

DAFYWpg.jpg
lol what?

UnrealEck

You don't need that, amazon doesn't check your IP

I have bought digital content on Amazon outside the US without a single problem

There's also the gifting option from fellow gaffers

It's telling me it's only available to people in the US and I'm using my US address and billing address as default.

It's a shame i can´t buy Dark Souls, because of the region.

Sigh.

Have the same problem. Buy it on amazon or do the region override thingy. I don't know how to do it but i know it exist. Look it up...

There are 2 of us listed in the op that can help with cross region gifting. Whether that be for pricing reasons, getting uncensored copies, or because a game isnt available in your region. Provided you can paypal the money. You could also work something out through the steam market to get steam wallet funds transferred from one person to another but there are fees for using the steam market.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone got a list of whats 75% off but isnt flash or daily. I found that realms of ancient war and few others but was wondering if theres a list

Nothing, it just has some really advanced graphical settings that are really demanding if you turn everything all the way up. On a good mid to high range PC it looks and performs better than Xbone or PS4 version.

This. I just finished it (i7 940, 12gb DDR3, GTX 780) and I had a tough time holding 60 frames in the cities. The rest is okay I guess, but as mentioned, just may have to turn down the eye candy a bit. And the V sync implementation is pure garbage but 100% fixable w/ D3Doverrider

I guess guys looking at cores say that core 1 runs maxed most of the time with little use of the other cores. Just shitty optimization apparently. There's an entire PC performance thread just for AC IV.

But the game is amazing and at the end of the day, should run at least as well as any console version.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm still confused as to how pricing works for these sales. I want to buy Outlast, but I'm wondering if it will go down to 75% off. Is there any chance of this happening or should I grab now while it's at 66?

I'm still confused as to how pricing works for these sales. I want to buy Outlast, but I'm wondering if it will go down to 75% off. Is there any chance of this happening or should I grab now while it's at 66?

Daily deals/flash sales don't get any cheaper

Most likely Christmas sale will have the same discount so if you want something on daily or flash buy it now, if it's not on daily or flash and you're not going to play it straight away wait till Christmas

Lingitiz

what is wrong with it?[besides uplay]

It's a poorly optimized port, but still the best version if you've got a decent PC. If you've got a good intel CPU you shouldn't have too many issues.

I haven't ran into any horrible convenience issues though. They updated Uplay so that it basically functions as Steam does in terms of updates. You can also launch right from a controller with Uplay now.

The game's pretty great so far (I'm at sequence 7) and I can't recommend it enough. There's still some dumb missions here and there but it might be the best in the series.

derExperte

Now, won't get cheaper. Daily and flash deal = buy.

nbthedude

Games never go cheaper than Daily sales or Flash sales. Buy it now.

X:COM heads up

Enemy Within is 20 bones on AZ. I know some people were bummed earlier that Enemy Unknown went deep discount but Enemy Within had no discount so just an FYI.

edit: Not digital tho =/

eot

Banned
Which CS is best CS? *puts on flame vest*

I played CS:S for the first time at a LAN a while ago and had a great time. It seems like people are all over the place so I don't care as much about game play as I do about (1) which one is easier to implement at a LAN and (2) which is played by more people.

CS 1.6 is the best CS from a purely mechanical standpoint, but the community is all but dead. CS:S is garbage so I recommend you go with CS:GO.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey guys, is there a way to have steam keep downloading a game in the background while playing an offline/single player game?

Yes, they just added it, but you have to do it on a game by game basis.

Right click the game you want to play, click "Properties", and put a check mark in "Allow Steam to download other updates blah blah blah".

cebri.one

So i decided, today for the first time to connect my laptop to the TV and try out Big Picture. Now i understand most of you PC guys, i'm a believer.

Hey guys, is there a way to have steam keep downloading a game in the background while playing an offline/single player game?
Doesn't the beta client let you do this? I remember reading something about it...
In any case, you can alt-tab back to steam and resume the download after starting your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom