• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Yes I did. I'm still not finished.

Need to take the thing apart, drill a few more holes, sand it down, and get a fan controller.

Well,when you're done I'd love to see some pics in the Setup thread, even work in progress type shots. Always admire unique and custom built setups.

Nymphae

Banned
I am very tall and I have massive hands, mason jars are a perfect fit for me. They also hold a massive amount of liquid.

Its really win-win.

I guess that makes sense, I have little girly hands so I can barely even hold one of those jars in one hand.

Ezra2680

Can't wait until I spend all my money on this sale to see that the email was a ruse by Valve and everything is cheaper in a couple of weeks...

TomPUH

Spacebase DF-9 has 10% off during the sale however this overrides the "20% off if you already own a Doublefine game" offer.

fantomena

The leaked email if anyone is interested: http://i.imgur.com/BazPkxO.png

BazPkxO.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Reminder that today is the last day for the Zen Pinball FX2 bundle. https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Amazing deal and right now a fair share of tables (like the wonderful Thor and Captain American ones) are part of this Steam sale.

Get it, befriend others of us who are playing it, and have a great time competing for score.

Is it considered bad form to run ModBot giveaways during a sale? OBVIOUSLY ONLY FOR DAILY DEALS YOU BASTARDS etc.

Not at all. If you want to share something in a friendly giveaway, go right ahead. Though just for good sport, I would suggest only 15 minute or three hour raffles with plenty of time before any daily deals end, so as not to make someone miss out because "they might win it".
Even with the ability to nuke keys or just re-gift if one already owns it/bought it, it might just lead to some unwanted feelings to be had.

I'm focusing on Resident Evil Revelations and Garry's mod. Even though Garry's mod cost $4.99 now, if my memory served me correctly, I remember the price went cheaper. So I'll wait. But for sure, I really want ReR.

Clawww

Which sleeping dogs DLC are worth getting? not interested in the pay-to-win ones.

Year of the Snake, Nightmare in Northpoint, Zodiac Tournament, Wheels of Fury.

I think the rest are just cosmetic, none of them are really 'pay to win' (this remark makes no sense in regards to this game).

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Guys, is Super House of Dead Ninjas super awesome and is there a demo? Thinking of biting. First game of the sale!

Aye it is indeed super awesome. A wonderfully well made game all about being a ninja that goes out, flips, and kills dead ninjas and other various demon creatures (and chickens).

It's retro in the style of "this feels like a SNES/Mega Drive game", but only in visuals and presentation, the core game play and mechanics are all very much modern sensibilities and allowances for quick restarting, achievements, choose your own difficulty, level creations by fans, and more.

It's my favourite action game on Steam and I do so recommend it. More than even Volgar and other such tributes to the past.

Also the DLC is worth it.

As mentioned in the below quoted post, there is the original Super House Of Dead Ninjas is the below, but with numerous fixes and many things added, including better controller support natively.

Here's a flash demo of the original House of Dead Ninjas:
http://games.adultswim.com/house-of-dead-ninjas-action-online-game.html

I don't think there's one for the newer version :\

Rootbeer

Banned
Year of the Snake, Nightmare in Northpoint, Zodiac Tournament, Wheels of Fury.

I think the rest are just cosmetic, none of them are really 'pay to win' (this remark makes no sense in regards to this game).

Thanks, and the spirit of my query came through even if my wording was not accurate. tend to avoid any skin dlc or EXP/Money/whatever boost dlc, only interested in story-oriented DLC in most cases.

I made some exceptions for Final Fantasy XIII-2... kinda regret it though :p

Kanokare

For people who want to buy most of the Steam deals off Amazon, Tony from Amazon has just stated he will be price matching them all. Good way to drop your Amazon credit if you have any too!

Amazon DVG Deals writes:

FYI working on the Steam Price Matches, including that Sonic Pack, which we're updating to include the 3 pieces of content we're missing and putting up for $14.99.

Cheers,
Tony

DukeBobby

Shadow Warrior
Deadly Premonition
State of Decay
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Ride to Hell: Retribution

These are the 5 I need.

Miletius

I've been holding off on Skyrim, maybe I should break down and finally get it. Legendary edition worth it or is it fine without that extra padding?

BruteUA

Reminder that today is the last day for the Zen Pinball FX2 bundle. https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Amazing deal and right now a fair share of tables (like the wonderful Thor and Captain American ones) are part of this Steam sale.

Get it, befriend others of us who are playing it, and have a great time competing for score.

I strongly endorse this message.

And now after purchasing said bundle and some extra tables, I remember I'd previously bought them on Android. Oops.

Decado

Skyrim is tempting except there doesn't seem to be a complete leveling/experience mod like for Oblivion (Oblivion XP) or a combat mod like Unnecessary Violence or Deadly Reflex :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom