• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

What's the overall impression of Heroes of Might and Magic VI?

Unfortunately I've played all HoMM games but VI, although I have it, I remember people had constant problems with Uplay, don't know if it got better now. All in all the game is well received (by people that played it and I know of) aside from Uplay related problems, so take it as you will.

Anyone know why I'm getting low FPS in both Risk of Rain AND Rogue Legacy.... like...wtf....this should not be happening. I'm reading it might have to do with the game not getting proper XNA permissions or NET Framework 4.0 issues (doing a reinstall of that after my cleanup of its files).

Any ideas :S

I know my toaster is shitty but damn...it's not THAT shitty.

It's a problem with Risk of Rain and from the what I've read also happens in pc's with a decent video card.

Gregorn

It doesn't look like the Deus Ex directors cut is ever going on sale. How much of a discount do you get if you own the standard version? I could get it off Amazon for $2.50...

Heads up, tf2 key prices are in freefall

Normal behaviour during sales since russians need to get rid of all the keys that they get as payment.

The price will normalize in the week after the sale again, so I'm pretty sure there is room for some arbitrage here. I don't recommend going down that road though.

EDIT: Interestingly, the buying power of one TF2 keys stays roughly the same during a sale (50 RUB) even though the prices are falling.

Arthea

Flash sales aren't doing it to me, for better or worse, I think I'm yet to buy any flashie this sale. I need voting option for sales, with cards to get.

nobody posted yet?
Limbo -75%
Gunpoint - 66%
C&C Red Alert 3 -75%
M&M Heroes VI -75%

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel bad for hoping assassins creed 3 goes on sale but whatever, I want to play another one and I might as well see what they've done to desmond's face this time

Deques

Copons

Quick question time!

My friend asked me if he can run Dark Souls on a i5 laptop with a 512MB AMD Mobility Radeon HD5470.
I don't know shit about hardware stuff, but I read around that that card is a little crappy, even if, looking at system requirements, it should be able to run the game.
BTW I think my friend is fine lowering details as long as the game is playable.

What's your opinion?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Happy Hannukah/Thanksgiving/Steamsales! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=723889.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-E4BC0361F980AB43 - Taken by firehawk12. 41 entrants total.

t1385733322z1.png

masterkajo

Bought Dark Souls, anything besides DSfix I should be getting or am I set?

shameless self quote.

Thought I write a few words about my favorite game since some are still on the fence about buying it.

Everyone buy Dark Souls.

And experience the best game of the last generation. It is currently -80% off as a Steam Daily Deal so there is no excuse not to get it.

FAQ:

-"Is it really as good as people say it is?"
Yes.

-"But... but, it is too difficult for me."
No, it is not. It is a challenging game, I give you that, but the difficulty is vastly exaggerated. It is true though that you have to invest some time into the game and learn the enemies and environments. Don't expect to play for 2 hours and "press A to Awesome". But when you decide to invest, you get back a thousandfold.

-"Is it true that there is hardly any story?"
No, there is a story. A big one, actually. The lore behind this game is huge and the characters and relationships between them are pretty complex, I'd say. Thing is though, to get the full experience you have to pay attention to your surroundings, talk to the characters and read item descriptions etc. On top of that, you have to use your brain to figure some stuff out yourself (e.g. you talk to a nice NPC that wears a big red dress and later in the game you find a corpse near a big trap and loot a big red dress from it, chances are the NPC died here - or maybe he/she was robbed and you looted the big red dress from the thief? - or there are more than one person wearing big red dresses?) Anyway, the more you invest in the story, the more you get back.

-"What is this I hear about MODs?"
You owe yourself to play Dark Souls in 60FPS with high resolution. The mod that allows this is called DSfix and is brought to you by Durante, one of GAF's finest and my own personal hero. (Haven't been to Innsbruck yet, still owe you two bears beers.) There are a lot of other mods that are not really needed though. Have a look yourself in the Dark Souls Nexus if you are interested.

-"How do I install the mod?"
Instructions are provided once downloaded, but it is as easy as copy/pasteing some folders. Then you need to change the "DSfix.ini" which you copied in the Dark Souls "DATA" folder. You can change rendering and display resolution, DoF and AA and whatnot. If you don't know what you are doing than simply find "unlockFPS" and change it from 0 to 1 ("unlockFPS 1")

-"I get some graphical issues."
Make sure to disable in-game Anti-Aliasing. It doesn't work with DSfix. You can activate any form of AA within DSfix.ini to your hards content.

-"Will I get banned from Game for Windows - Live for unlocking the framerate?"
No. Theoretically it is possible, but no case has ever been reported.

-"KB/M or Controller?"
Controller if you can. Use DSMfix if you are using KB/M. This mod fixes the bad mouse controls.

-"Ok, ok, you convinced me, I'll buy it. Some early game tips?"
20_Tips_for_Beginners.jpg

Echoplx

Still waiting for Gamefly to actually confirm my purchase of Brave New World, been two days already and haven't heard anything ;_;

Tizoc

What's the Cheapest Dishonored GotY is going for atm?

Heavy described it as "Heroes of Might & Magic 3 except next-gen". I've heard a lot of good stuff about the game, although the campaign was apparently a bit of a disappointment.

Thanks for the impressions, mind elaborating on the issues of the Campaign? If the gameplay throughout isn't a problem I'll grab it soon.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm on a stupid quest to earn every card I can in games and sell them all for money to buy things due to low excess money this month.

Only 781 card drops and 204 games to go.

elhav

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mirror's edge -- MB-97EC58D9F2FDCEB8 - Taken by Grampa Simpson
Happy steam sale holiday everyone

Anyone here have any feedback on Test Drive Ferrari? it's £2.99 down from £15 and looks rather nice, for that price i'd be happy to try each car once and call it a night.

Colin.

Great work GMG, failed to checkout Ducktales multiple times, and end up not getting it at all. Guess the Amazon price may have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom