• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

Since I H8 memes and gabbo are disconnected (not that I would judge them, they should sleep and let that turkey rest :p), can someone buy for me Skyrim or Far Cry 3 (on Amazon)? I would pay in keys, 3 keys 4 ref each :p

Is there a "convert nuuvem prices to USD"?

It's almost a 2:1 currency rate.

So I'll wait until the end of the sale to buy that wizardry pack. More old school RPGs that I will only have time to play during my retirement.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
capture4djvy.png

#DEAD

ArjanN

If you like Jurassic Park you'll like the game.
The biggest naysay people have is you really only click on stuff and mash buttons like in heavy rain during action scenes. Personally I had no issue with that sort of gameplay and enjoyed it immensely.

I thought it was kinda odd that game got so much shit given that mechanically it's really not that different from The Walking Dead.

They actually got the vibe of Jurassic Park down pretty well IMO. Better than the movie sequels anyway.

Guys, GUYS. Did Tony said anything about international buyers getting blocked when buying digital games on Amazon?

Some (non-US) people are having problems buying PS Plus codes (and maybe some Steam games?). Not sure what to think :/

Turfster

Guys, GUYS. Did Tony said anything about international buyers getting blocked when buying digital games on Amazon?

Some (non-US) people are having problems buying PS Plus codes (and maybe some Steam games?). Not sure what to think :/
Are these people trying to use those codes with non-US accounts?
(I never underestimate human stupidity)

Fireblend

Banned
I think I only care about Shelter for this sale. Want a copy for me and one for my gf. Maybe Gone Home as well. Shelter's $4, but I guess I'll wait in case it drops even more.

Also, it's funny and depressing that I'm not buying games not because I don't want them, but because I've already bought them =/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's a thread about that and how you should circumvent the potential issue by buying e-gift "cards" instead of using your CC. Amazon's additional security measures only seem to be affecting those who buy from the PSN sub-store, though, which makes sense considering Sony's involvement.

Edit: The Massive Edition of The Secret World is back. I'm guessing it's staying up this time since there's no mention of Halloween content.

PS Plus codes are region locked I think.

Are these people trying to use those codes with non-US accounts?
(I never underestimate human stupidity)

Looks like they're actually doing it right and Amazon is asking for an US bank statement before letting them buy again. Which of course they don't have :(

There's a thread about that and how you should circumvent the potential issue by buying e-gift "cards" instead of using your CC. Amazon's additional security measures only seem to be affecting those who buy from the PSN sub-store, though, which makes sense considering Sony's involvement.

Goddammit Sony T_T I bought a year of Plus like an hour ago and didn't have any problems at least. Looks like I'll be buying e-gift cards from now on.

PS Plus codes are region locked I think.

Yes, but a lot of non-US people (like me) actually use US PSN accounts as their main account because our local stores suck :/

mrgone

I think I only care about Shelter for this sale. Want a copy for me and one for my gf. Maybe Gone Home as well. Shelter's $4, but I guess I'll wait in case it drops even more.

Also, it's funny and depressing that I'm not buying games not because I don't want them, but because I've already bought them =/

Shelter's still available in This bundlestars bundle here for a little less than $4. Not a bad deal if anything else in the pack catches your fancy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
PayPal isn't "late". They just use their own exchange rate that give them a tiny bit more profit on int'l transactions because they can.

Curses!

If I buy directly with my card does it use the exchange rate that doesn't inflate a bit?

How is Flashback? Does it include the original Flashback as well? If so, I might pick it up along with Another World. Childhood revisited right there.

NaM

Man you are on top of everything, thanks for the advice because I didn't know.

NaM

I would think there's a lot more who don't like it. It's a typical indie game really. Low production values, low amount of content, gameplay is simplistic and focused on a single idea.

Pretty much like all your posts.

jk

Jawmuncher

How is Flashback? Does it include the original Flashback as well? If so, I might pick it up along with Another World. Childhood revisited right there.

Dont grab it at all.
Sure it includes the original....in the worst way possible.
It's playable from a arcade machine and can't be put into full screen.

mrgone

Ah, nice! Thanks for the heads up. I see it's still got some time left, so I'll wait and make a decision at the last moment, as nothing else on the bundle really piques my interest.

Yeah, not a mind-blowing selection, but there's a decent chance it'll show up someplace like IndieGameStand or the Gala store in the not too distant future as well.

And for anyone in the UK, it is the same price in £ from Game. I say this, as I have no idea how region friendly their set up is, never gotten anything digital from them before.
I'm from Portugal and I've already purchased steam games from Nuuvem with no problems at all. Go for it.

Copons

Whoever gets Jamestown, YAY for you! :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Closure -- MB-F7327DD2D440E00C - Taken by wetflame
Jamestown -- MB-4BE7854F304D07CD - Taken by crazyrabbits
Dungeons Defenders -- MB-847C8D243533122A - Taken by bobnowhere

derExperte

I would think there's a lot more who don't like it. It's a typical indie game really. Low production values, low amount of content, gameplay is simplistic and focused on a single idea.

Low amount of content is unfortunately true. One could argue it doesn't outstay it's welcome that way but imo the gameplay mechanics (don't agree with 'simplistic') weren't used to their full potential.

Guy.brush

Is the RED ALERT 3 coop campagin worth it?
Was a big Generals coop skirmish player but the netcode sucked immensly. OUT OF SYNC all the time. As RA3 is also EA LA, I am a bit afraid they still have that same POS netcode in there.

AHA-Lambda

It was really short and really easy I'll give you that.

still loved it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom