• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

Vlodril

Why?

Why? Why can’t they just make a female pleasing to look at?

Nobody is asking for MJ or Jean Grey to be smokin’ hot, or sexy. To the contrary! That could be distracting. But THIS is distracting in an entirely different way!!!!

Why wouldn't MJ be smoking hot she is a model.. Jean was also always displayed as hot but that is every woman almost in comics so you know..

Eiknarf

Why wouldn't MJ be smoking hot she is a model.. Jean was also always displayed as hot but that is every woman almost in comics so you know..
True true

I guess what I meant to write was, “is it too much to ask for a decent, not ugly female character?”

I’m trying to see if Insomniac is willing to take baby steps and meet us half way:

Gamers want hot chics, DEI and devs want ugly chics. How about we compromise and meet in the middle????

MacReady13

Serious question- how can I get in on the grift? I would LOVE to have myself a DEI consultancy agency so I can bullshit to these companies and get paid millions to talk shit all day! Any ideas how I could get a start on this bullshit?

cormack12

Gold Member
Serious question- how can I get in on the grift? I would LOVE to have myself a DEI consultancy agency so I can bullshit to these companies and get paid millions to talk shit all day! Any ideas how I could get a start on this bullshit?
Dye your hair one of these colours

284b266ce03cfca990d6988607ffcde1.jpg

Create a new twitter account and trade likes and ratio's

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Insomniac is willing to take baby steps

This is precisely what they are doing ;)

Identify yourself as something you could never be.

Put flags on your social profiles.

Make up some drama involving cringe sex and abusive relationships with imaginary people

A couple of weekly tweets about video games.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
No i'm serious. DEI/SBi and wokeism is starting to get pushed back or at least vocally laughed at. If the trend holds and the pendulum starts to swing back harder then i wouldn't be surprised if they are told to un-uglify. In the end it's all about money.
I wish I had your optimism. We have been having this fight since 2014. Things haven’t improved for the better in the last 10 years. If anything, it has only gotten progressively worse.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
I wish I had your optimism. We have been having this fight since 2014. Things haven’t improved for the better in the last 10 years. If anything, it has only gotten progressively worse.

They are worse because we are in a wokeness peak, but people have finally realized this is not a "conspiracy theory" but a real push in social engineering. The first step to fix a problem is recognizing its existence.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
True true

I guess what I meant to write was, “is it too much to ask for a decent, not ugly female character?”

I’m trying to see if Insomniac is willing to take baby steps and meet us half way:

Gamers want hot chics, DEI and devs want ugly chics. How about we compromise and meet in the middle????
Pretty sexist of them to want ugly chicks. They just don't even see it.

Pelao

what did the pastebin plot say?
The pastebin contained the script for an internal summary video.
It's your typical man-is-wrong, woman-is-right plot. Teasing a sequel with Jean as the main character at the end.
Here's the video and the script (Keep in mind that gofile deletes files after a few days).

And also, here is an excerpt from the script.

NARRATOR

Logan knows Jean can build a better world, but not like this. Playing God led Essex to become Sinister. He won’t let that happen to Jean.

Jean begs Logan to trust her, to let her think things through. But Logan kills Sinister, stripping Jean of the ultimate power.

313. J walks out on L, heartbroken.

NARRATOR

The world is safe from Sinister, but not without casualties.

Jean feels betrayed. It’s possible Logan was right, but that’s not the issue. After all they’d been through, Logan didn’t trust Jean enough to do the right thing.

She leaves to find Forge and the other mutants.

314. L keeps distance from J/Forge/Mutants.

NARRATOR

Logan isn’t sure he made the right choice, but for the first time since he met Essex, he’s free.

So is Jean. For that, he’s willing to live with the consequences...

Last edited:

laynelane

Pretty sexist of them to want ugly chicks. They just don't even see it.

Exactly. It's like we're seeing someone's image of a woman or a female character and, as has been shown over and over, there is this absolute refusal to just represent women as they actually are. It's the other side of the coin of hot female characters, but at least the people who design those characters (and the audience who appreciates them) don't purport to be on some moralistic, inclusive crusade. On a side note, so many extremist types focus on women and make them their battle ground. It's pretty disturbing, actually.

Von Hugh

One of the probably wokest games on Steam (not curated by that list, but probably should be) just got a demo during the Steam Next Fest. And it looks as shit as you can expect for this kind of game to look:

The game features things such as:

✅ Strong female black main character
✅ An obese latina female with a skin condition and purple hair (✅✅✅✅✅)
✅ An androgynous female to male trans character I guess
✅ Displaying characters' pronouns in the game because clearly that adds plenty of value to the gameplay

FewRope

One of the probably wokest games on Steam (not curated by that list, but probably should be) just got a demo during the Steam Next Fest. And it looks as shit as you can expect for this kind of game to look:

✅ Displaying characters' pronouns in the game because clearly that adds plenty of value to the gameplay

Did Oneyplays saw that obese latina with the skin condition to make the Saints Row character they used in the videos? Cannot be a coincidence

StueyDuck

it's funny they always portray themselves as rockers and in bands in these games (the music is always atrocious as well, just listen to that shit), I've definitely been out of the loop of what Gen Z listens to cause it's mostly mumble rap, but is this what rock has become to kids?

what happened to sex, drugs, rock n roll. Ozzy biting bats heads off etc.

Last edited:

boo

Gold Member
True true

Why should we meet them in the middle? You want my money, give me the game that I want.

It's your typical man-is-wrong, woman-is-right plot. Teasing a sequel with Jean as the main character at the end.
Here's the video and the script (Keep in mind that gofile deletes files after a few days).

And also, here is an excerpt from the script.

NARRATOR

Logan knows Jean can build a better world, but not like this. Playing God led Essex to become Sinister. He won’t let that happen to Jean.

Jean begs Logan to trust her, to let her think things through. But Logan kills Sinister, stripping Jean of the ultimate power.

313. J walks out on L, heartbroken.

NARRATOR

The world is safe from Sinister, but not without casualties.

Jean feels betrayed. It’s possible Logan was right, but that’s not the issue. After all they’d been through, Logan didn’t trust Jean enough to do the right thing.

She leaves to find Forge and the other mutants.

314. L keeps distance from J/Forge/Mutants.

NARRATOR

Logan isn’t sure he made the right choice, but for the first time since he met Essex, he’s free.

So is Jean. For that, he’s willing to live with the consequences...
Well at least she did not transition at the end. Maybe in the next entry?

Last edited:

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Why should we meet them in the middle? You want my money, give me the game that I want.

It annoys me so much how these people (the ones pushing this bullshit) won the psychological warfare and we have to accept playing under their rules. same as in the general political discourse, where the opposing parties use their language and twisted logic even if they claim to be against it. Madness.

Last edited:

makaveli60

It annoys me so much how these people (the ones pushing this bullshit) won the psychological warfare and we have to accept playing under their rules. same as in the general political discourse, where the opposing parties use their language and twisted logic even if they claim to be against it. Madness.
It’s not that difficult to win in any bullshit insanity if you have the ruling “elite” behind you

Humdinger

Thanks for posting. I haven't been paying close attention to the game, so I wasn't aware of how the story was shaping up.

Sounds bad. Similar to the direction Spider-Man 2 took.

Exactly. It's like we're seeing someone's image of a woman or a female character and, as has been shown over and over, there is this absolute refusal to just represent women as they actually are.

Well, you could say that they are representing "women" as they actually are. The women pushing this are always feminists. Feminism is not a movement known for its lookers...

Eiknarf

"...obese Latina..."

Everything I was drinking came out of my mouth and nose!!!

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Ive never so happily skipped out on an AAAer, especially one by Insomniac.

And the thing is, plenty of people out there will have early copies for review so we'll know for sure ahead of time how much of this bullshit has been crammed in. That early word of mouth will be enough to (hopefully) deter plenty.

Hypnotoad

Apart from ticking DEI boxes: The voice acting on "Pax" is atrocious, the other characters also not much better. And gameplay looks like a complete snooze-fest.

This industry is beyond fucked. It is literally infested with weirdos who continue to create these types of characters in games. Companies have gone all in on this as well due to the fact they seem to hire more and more of these people. Unless something happens to shake things up in the industry it will only get worse. Retro gaming is looking better by the day when you see shite like this being peddled.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Wokeness and cancell culture is now a open subject.. talked and mocked at large at stadiuns by very famous comedians .. is the subject of movies and debates ...

Hollywood is back paddling a lot in their woke agendas.. the OSCARs this year was a huge step in the opposite direction... things are starting to change ... it will take time for sure ... but money talks ... and movies failing one after the other finally raised some eyebrows and bursted some bubbles

Gaming is too niche and closed... it will take even more time .. the good thing is we have games from Asia and some eastern europe games

Top Bottom