• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Time to reinstall!

Let's talk about what really matters here

PQAwM8S.png
Time to buy!

The only games that matter from the leak.
Time to kill.

Lain

As response to the last few pages. Just taking a jab at people though.

Anyway what have people actually been playing? Beat anything recently?

FF11. I'm spending a lot of time on FF11. I like it and I hate it at the same time. Getting around is slow, but when I look around I find out that there have been new systems added through the years... which are kinda annoying to get rolling because I need to get around which is slow.
I still don't have my Chocobo license, going around on foot is so sloooooooow.

But I got my fake Leaping Boots after only two kills of Leaping Lizzy. Man, the memories about camping that NM to get a pair of Leaping Boots which someone refused to give back after I lent them to him. Level 41 and trucking along. I'm even considering resurrecting my old US account, since I bought a second Ultimate Collection, this time American, and activated it on the old account.
MMOs might be my kryptonite.

PSA: Nexus mods got breached, apparently.

Potential database breach. They don't have the specifics yet, but warn users that the hole is not plugged yet so changing your password is only a temporary solution. They'll give an update when they can--the firm that discovered the breach is off on weekends, unfortunately.

One concerning thing is that three Fallout 4 modders had their work unknowingly modified to include a mysterious .dll:
NexusMods said:
Update: Many people have asked about the three Fallout 4 files that were mentioned in this post. The three files affected were:

• Higher Settlement Budget (downloads from 5th December)
  • Rename Dogmeat (downloads from 4th December)
  • BetterBuild (downloads from 29th November)

The suspect file contained in the archives was called "dsound.dll"
And of course the previous news post was "10,000,000 users! Hooray!"

What a bummer.

Copons

Thanks anonymous good person for Contradiction!
I'm quite intrigued by it, and I'm installing it as we speak, even though I won't be able to play it right now, as my other cat took possession of the weird guy's hat, and who knows when I'll be able to get it back.

6CLL0g5.jpg

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
422010 = Eczema Angel Orifice

What the hell, what kind of package name is this

Also?

421900 = Shadowrun Chronicles: INFECTED!

Is this maybe a DLC or something?

421430 = Requiem for a Dream

This movie had a pretty good soundtrack, kind of wanted to watch it.

421350 = Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

I guess Clerks is on here somewhere.

419350 = Conan the Barbarian

Tizoc will be happy, I think. Found American Psycho and Sin City near it.

417560 = Pulp Fiction
417570 = This is Spinal Tap

Guess they're just milking cult classics for what they're worth.

And I can't find the FF X/X-2 HD Remaster thread from last night.
Did it got locked/deleted or something?

Edit: Nvm, found it.

Edit2: It's going to be locked soon, isn't it.

Ruruja

Not Steam-related but I saw a lot of people recommending Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura as one of the great CRPGs ages ago in a GAF thread and added it to my GOG wishlist at the time.

It's finally received a discount (of 75% off no less!) on GOG which appears to me to be the first time they've given it any discount since I added it to my wishlist that long time ago.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Is there any logic how Steam bundles games together when you want to delete them? For example it tried to delete every single Divinity game I own (I bought most of them seperat as far as I remember) but didn't bundle together all the Commandos games I had (I had to try and see whether it did that)

Is there any logic how Steam bundles games together when you want to delete them? For example it tried to delete every single Divinity game I own (I bought most of them seperat as far as I remember) but didn't bundle together all the Commandos games I had (I had to try and see whether it did that)

Has to be some sort of bug, right? The whole point of it is to remove specific games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
so i have a mystery ghost steam key... when you try to redeem it, steam hangs forever... and then finally says "your account already owns this product" without telling me what it is... spoooky

if you want to try:
TG25D-RPTTN-FLMKQ

Thanks anonymous good person for Contradiction!
I'm quite intrigued by it, and I'm installing it as we speak, even though I won't be able to play it right now, as my other cat took possession of the weird guy's hat, and who knows when I'll be able to get it back.

6CLL0g5.jpg

your cat will like it

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Has to be some sort of bug, right? The whole point of it is to remove specific games.

Right? Sometimes at least I get it because it groups Humble Bundles together (which is annoying cause I want to delete a bunch of Humble Bundle games, but not all of them) but sometimes it just seems random.
Also for the same stupid reason I can't delete Arkham City without also deleting Arkham City Goty, so I'm stuck with both and it drives me insane.

I know most people want to make their game numbers to go up, but I prefer an ordered library without any trash or dumb duplicates.

Annubis

so i have a mystery ghost steam key... when you try to redeem it, steam hangs forever... and then finally says "your account already owns this product" without telling me what it is... spoooky

if you want to try:
TG25D-RPTTN-FLMKQ

I'm not falling for your Bad Rats tricks.

Lain

if you want to try:
TG25D-RPTTN-FLMKQ

your cat will like it

Spooky.

Salsa

wanted to try Dying Light's public Co-Op stuff but it says No Matches Found in both Quick Join and Find Game..

anything im missing?

Dsyndrome

It sounds like I missed some stuff over the past few days?

Requiem for a Dream is.....an extremely fucked up movie.

Having the voice of Navy commercials and ME's David Anderson demand ass-to-ass is pretty jarring.

So LR's out this week? Can you preorder anywhere yet?
wanted to try Dying Light's public Co-Op stuff but it says No Matches Found in both Quick Join and Find Game..

anything im missing?

You can't access it until you've gone past a certain part in the story, I think when
you hole up for the night in one of the shelters.
Next thing you know, teenage kids will come in and start wrecking your game, making you unable to complete quests since they're like a mile away from you.

dang how did you find this out? do you have +1 immunity to spooky keys? ???

But... This Beyond Humanity? It isn't out on Steam... or even finished.

Right? Sometimes at least I get it because it groups Humble Bundles together (which is annoying cause I want to delete a bunch of Humble Bundle games, but not all of them) but sometimes it just seems random.
Also for the same stupid reason I can't delete Arkham City without also deleting Arkham City Goty, so I'm stuck with both and it drives me insane.

I know most people want to make their game numbers to go up, but I prefer an ordered library without any trash or dumb duplicates.

I guess that's what hide for if it's just nuking keys, not specific games.

Sorta defeats the point in my mind, but whatevs.

Thanks, any chance for an undertale sale? I think I might cave in and buy it full price otherwise

There's always a chance. The chance is kinda low considering it's only been out three months? But meh, stranger things have happened. They might go for 25%.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
416520 = The Hunger Games
416560 = The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Can you imagine the small fortune these guys could make out of badge collectors?

You think you've seen it all when it comes to waifu cards? jenniferlawrenceok.jif

Requiem for a Dream is.....an extremely fucked up movie.
I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for fucked up. I'll shelve that idea for when I am, I guess.

edit: we already knew Hyperdevotion Noire was coming right?

I've been trying to install RivaTuner 6.4 for a while now but every time I try to, 6.3 will not close. Closing the program automatically starts it back up again.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what "Meru" is. Also, Spooky's House of Jump Scares DLC/sequel/whatever confirmed.

What about Requiem for a Dream cards? How much you figure an "ass-to-ass" foil would get?
This reference is lost on me, and also disturbs me at the same time. I'd peg it for $3.

413110 = pmg1
Can anyone think up of game abbreviations that would match this?

411200 = UltraFunGame
411220 = UltraFunGame2
411230 = UltraFunGame3
This is suspicious.

405791 = Humble Bundle
405792 = Twitch
405793 = Nexon Obsidian
405800 = Splash Damage Obsidian
Huh?

403920 = Coffin Dodgers - Alienware
I think crazyrabbits said something about Alienware DLC in KF2 and DD2; looks like we can add Coffin Dodgers to that.

Adnor

Banned
Because of the announcement of the crowdfunding for Psychonauts 2 I'm restarting the first game and tried using GeDoSaTo for the first time. Man, the image is so clean, it looks fantastic. Didn't have to configure nothing for the game, just added the game to the wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom