• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean, is the game garbage?

Garbage, no. I consider it better than Code Veronica (X), but neither are nearly as good as REmake. One of the most polarizing aspects of the game is also the lack of item boxes, which may force you to backtrack through long passages to hunt down a key item you misplaced.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just Cause worth the buy?

3? It's a lot of fun if blowing stuff up is your thing but also rather demanding. I'd give it a few patches if you can't install it to an SSD, don't have an overclocked Intel CPU, don't have north of 8GB RAM and don't have a 970/AMD equivalent or above (multi-GPU configurations aren't supported).

3? It's a lot of fun if blowing stuff up is your thing, but it is rather demanding. I'd give it a few patches if you can't install it to an SSD, don't have an overclocked Intel CPU, don't have north of 8GB RAM and don't have a 970/AMD equivalent or above (multi-GPU configurations aren't supported).

Looks like I'll wait thanks

3? It's a lot of fun if blowing stuff up is your thing, but it is rather demanding. I'd give it a few patches if you can't install it to an SSD, don't have an overclocked Intel CPU, don't have north of 8GB RAM and don't have a 970/AMD equivalent or above (multi-GPU configurations aren't supported).

Yea i have it installed on a SSD and I have a new intel 6600k and 970 but it takes a long time to load still and dips from 60 to 30 sometimes. Fun game but repetitive, and the stupid unlock challenges are annoying.

Ludens

Banned
Garbage, no. I consider it better than Code Veronica (X), but neither are nearly as good as REmake. One of the most polarizing aspects of the game is also the lack of item boxes, which may force you to backtrack through long passages to hunt down a key item you misplaced.

Ouch, I hate backtracking and I have a horrible memory, I hope there's something on the map to see where you left what. Anyway I really liked Code Veronica (but vanilla on Dreamcast, never played X), if this is better, I'm sure I'll like it a lot.

Spare.
ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: Battlemage -- MB-1384AFEF225DA54A - Taken by fspm. 11 entrants total.

t1449600504z1.png

JaseC

Yea i have it installed on a SSD and I have a new intel 6600k and 970 but it takes a long time to load still and dips from 60 to 30 sometimes. Fun game but repetitive, and the stupid unlock challenges are annoying.

I've only encountered two bothersome challenges thus far: the first car checkpoint race, which seems impossible to "perfect" unless you use a different car, and the first plane checkpoint race, which, again, is impossible to perfect with the default plane until you've unlocked the second and final nitro mod.

The default plane controls for kb&m are awful. I changed turn left/right from Z/C to A/D and roll left/right from A/D to Q/E. Turning is the better option, in my (admittedly limited) experience.

Ouch, I hate backtracking and I have a horrible memory, I hope there's something on the map to see where you left what. Anyway I really liked Code Veronica (but vanilla on Dreamcast, never played X), if this is better, I'm sure I'll like it a lot.
There are markers on the map that show you exactly what you dropped and where, but it can still be a hassle if you left an item at the beginning of a section.

gelf

There are some fairly obvious hub rooms that you will keep coming back to. I'd recommend dropping everything in those if at all possible.

Thinking about RE0. When it first came out the RE formula was pretty tired and worn out from sequelitis and that didn't help it. Nowadays on the other hand nothing plays like old RE so it may feel fresher and more enjoyable as a result.

I've only encountered two bothersome challenges thus far: the first car checkpoint race, which seems impossible to "perfect" unless you use a different car, and the first plane checkpoint race, which, again, is impossible to perfect with the default plane until you've unlocked the second and final nitro mod.

The default plane controls for kb&m are awful. I changed turn left/right from Z/C to A/D and roll left/right from A/D to Q/E. Turning is the better option, in my (admittedly limited) experience.

the first race you unlock can be 5 "geared" (they use gears not stars) by activating the first nitro mod you get by getting 3 gears...after using that I was able to get the 5 gear score since it lets you use nitro in the races then

Bundle Games (and sorry for the double post)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GT Legends -- MB-0BD1F543888B9A7F
Survivalist -- MB-33F7519A7011CBA5
Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China -- MB-AFC57EBAC68C1A4F - Taken by Cyldman. 5 entrants total.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 -- MB-FB1ED452E610F5E3 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 13 entrants total.
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered -- MB-2ECAEB614BF4083D - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
Cast of the Seven Godsends -- MB-7B0A0EEEE460403E - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
Horizon Shift -- MB-0ADB42CCF9A69BC1 - Taken by Htown. 3 entrants total.
Overture -- MB-0DBB01B076DB4A86 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
GemCraft: Chasing Shadows -- MB-D59CFA1F09308007 - Taken by Jalal. 5 entrants total.
Super 3D Noah's Ark -- MB-824B4B4416ECF48E - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.

Check vs Mate -- MB-06025BD112ACAFD2 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.

t1449610824z1.png

Buraindo

Just finished Hearts of Stone for The Witcher 3. Aside from a few really tough, some might even say frustrating (On Death March! at least) fights, it's absolutely fantastic. Great characters, some new locations are incredible and the quests are no less. Seriously some of the best content the game has to offer.

I think I am just really bad at wing suiting and flying planes/heli The gun and explosion ones are not hard.

Go refund the Anthology guys, the sale started on the 27th so it still should be refundable.

Can you still refund it if one of the games i've spent more than 2 hours on? Forgot about it and it ended up racking alot of game time up before I closed it.

JaseC

the first race you unlock can be 5 "geared" (they use gears not stars) by activating the first nitro mod you get by getting 3 gears...after using that I was able to get the 5 gear score since it lets you use nitro in the races then

Ah. I didn't pay attention to what I unlocked and just nabbed the car from the house you visited with Mario as it's near the starting point, haha.

Not all third party games published by Ubisoft use uPlay, many choose to use Steam instead.

Yeah, when it comes to external development partnerships, Ubi -- unlike EA -- leaves the matter of which client to use up to the developer.

Turfster

Humble NEOGEO 25th Anniversary bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Art of Fighting 2 (DRMFree)
  • Fatal Fury Special (DRMFree)
  • King of Monsters (DRMFree)
  • Metal Slug 2 (DRMFree)
  • Samurai Showdown II (DRMFree)
  • Sengoku 3 (DRMFree)
  • King of Fighters 2000 (DRMFree)
  • Baseball Stars 2 (DRMFree)
TIER 2: BTA
  • The Last Blade (DRMFree)
  • Pulstar (DRMFree)
  • Metal Slug
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Shock Troopers (DRMFree)
  • Neo Turf Masters (DRMFree)
  • KOF 98 Ultimate
  • Twinkle Star Sprites (DRMFree)
TIER 3: 10$
  • Shock Troopers 2nd Squad (DRMFree)
  • Samurai Shodown V Special (DRMFree)
  • Garou Mark of the Wolves (DRMFree)
  • Metal Slug X
  • KOF 02

Y u no windjammers?

Monooboe

I was ready to throw down 10 bucks until I saw how few were Steam. They say "humble debut", any chance they will add steam keys later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom