• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

it aint like the game explains its systems to the point of knowing you can do a "no kill run" and such

obviously on purpose tho.

The best way to play it is to not look at guides on your first playthrough since it will ruin the experience. Just play the way you want and once you beat it restart. You'll find out why at the end.

exactly. figured it was that kinda thing soon enough

Vamphuntr

it aint like the game explains its systems to the point of knowing you can do a "no kill run" and such

obviously on purpose tho.

The best way to play it is to not look at guides on your first playthrough since it will ruin the experience. Just play the way you want and once you beat it restart. You'll find out why at the end.

Salsa

was just sittin around and it's my dad's birthday so I invited him over to eat something and got him to watch The Raid

he fuckin loved it

nothin brings family together quite like iko uwais kickin teeth

Messiah

Repost for the nightowls.
Alright, I'll give it a shot. Hope the time is okay for people. Friday, 11th December 6PM GMT

Europe Xrd release gamenight
header.jpg

1 - Messiah
2 - ViviOggi
3 - Gipsy Danger?
4 - Madridista
5 - Spirited
6 -
7 -
8 -

t1449856800z0.png

Smash88

Banned
was just sittin around and it's my dad's birthday so I invited him over to eat something and got him to watch The Raid

he fuckin loved it

The Raid is one of the all-time greatest action flicks I've seen in recent time - reminds me of Old Boy. Love those movies that have minimal scene cuts, such as John Wick. And most recently DareDevil on Netflix has a great episode where he enters a building and what seems in a continuous shot just kicks ass. Makes me appreciate the scene and the choreography more.

FloatOn

Getting caught up on Doctor who and then a thing happens and now I'm having feelings

I should have played video games instead

Damn :'(

Salsa

The Raid is one of the all-time greatest action flicks I've seen in recent time - reminds me of Old Boy. Love those movies that have minimal scene cuts, such as John Wick. And most recently DareDevil on Netflix has a great episode where he enters a building and what seems in a continuous shot just kicks ass. Makes me appreciate the scene and the choreography more.

for sure. was just a bit surprised he liked it as much as he did. he likes action flicks but martial arts isnt really his thing

dude even liked the mike shinoda soundtrack (which to be fair is like the best thing he ever did)

already took out the bluray to get him to watch 2 tomorrow

Sleeping Dogs 2 should be out right now for this reason, fuck

he fuckin loved it

Iko Uwais is such a great action actor. He made Indonesia proud.
I hope his part in Star Wars will be somewhat significant, but I'm not holding my breath. And Yayan Ruhian will also be in the movie. I'm so excited.

drotahorror

Is there a way to see what games are free for the week/weekend?

I just realized Action Henk was free for a few days and would have never even known had I not seen that it was on sale in my wish list and said "play game".

I hate Xenoblade Chronicles X, it made ozzy go off the grid. :(

he'll be back next week telling us how trashy X is like he did mgsv

Wait, so the Steam version of Half Life 1 comes with remastered visuals? Because I think I already got that one.
Nope. It started as a mod but it got approved by Valve way back, so now they're selling it as a game on its own; Black Mesa
God, I can't wait for Dragon's Dogma. I need to start flying into free again ASAP.
Man, me too. Me too. Only gameplay video I saw of the PC version yet was 5 mins of pointless wandering at the very beginning of the game. No combat even! But still.... still I got so excited seeing mountains and settlements far away on the horizon. Lush forests waiting to be explored. Man, I'm excited.
Enjoy people.
Wow, so many whole bundles. http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/Indie_Gala for those wanting to see what they have (also good excuse to post that useful site).

Good progress on NG+ in DS. Tackled both Hydra monsters and this time I came victorious with melee instead of bow. Pretty fun.
After that I finally reaped the benefits of helping out Siegmeier. Farewell Mr. Onion
Ash Lake ever so impressive. What a piece of art.

Rounded it all up by clearing Blighttown completely, loot etc. What an oppressive place. All the planks, eurgh! The second time around I knew what I was going into, so it was nice to take a closer look at everything. Even more so now that I can play in a way to better appreciate the visuals.
This thing is pretty disgusting how it moves, how it looks covered in liquid. Reminds me of a gigantic mix of a blood-filled tick and mosquito.
Blighttown is pretty interesting. You got the poison swamp, vertical plank installation, path to Ash Lake and this imposing structure. There must be some phobia because even looking at it gives me the creeps. Shame that the inside does not back up the great outside looks with disgusting spiders. Would have been a great change :eek:
After all the time spent in that forsaken place, I got relieved to just see glimmers of light and sky. New Londo and DLC left now. There's no back.

Game holds up very well. Aesthetically and mechanically. If you haven't played it yet, why would you do this to yourself! Go and let it destroy your perceptions about good sword-based gameplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom