• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
You may now officially monetize your private DayZ server

If you operate a private server for DayZ, Bohemia Interactive's open-world zombie-dodging survival game, you now have the official green-light to monetize it—that is, to charge real money for access and items, and to bar entry to those who don't want to fork over the dough. But there are some limitations.

Only perks and rewards that don't impact gameplay can be offered; the sale of items including "in-game money, weapons, ammo, vehicles, discounts, vehicle spawns, housing and any other gameplay affecting features" are not allowed, and servers offering them will not be approved. The use of mods on monetized servers is okay, but only with permission from the mod maker; product placement, in-game advertising, and sponsorships are also allowed.

The accompanying Server Monetization FAQ takes pains to differentiate between accepting donations, which has been allowable all along, and charging for access, which has not. Simply put, if you're offering any kind of reward in exchange for money, then it's not a donation, it's a sale—and in that case, you'll have to register your server for approval.

Bohemia, which isn't taking a cut of the server income, described the rollout of server monetization as a "test run," and as such it will come to an end on May 31 of 2016. "At that point, we will evaluate its effects on the community," the studio wrote. The full list of currently approved servers is available here.

I personally don't care about FFVI's sprites and aesthetic.

Because the game is region locked for me. Bless you Square.

Final Fantasy bundle can't come soon enough.

Accoun

Now that's a good free advertising.

yhBcuX6.png
GlYVLPt.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think FFRK looks good on high resolution mobile devices. I think it successfully integrates newer, more detailed, better animated versions of traditional sprites with wholly new sprites. I think it's not too much to expect that the standards that outsourcing houses use be upheld by SE internal products.

MUnited83

For you.
you both (zky and Bernardo) are just weirdos

yeah, I don't like how t4HoL looks either, that might be one of reasons why I never have finished it, what reminds me... no, no time for this.

From all older FFs late remakes and spinoffs I only liked how FF4 Complete Collection for PSP looks.

4 Heroes of Light is great and has a super charming artstyle.

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png

I really hope Square Enix ends up porting it one day. Nintendo DS emulation in HD is unreasonably heavy.

zkylon

zkylewd
at this point i'm pretty sure arthea is like my evil opposite doppleganger just hating everything i love and loving everything i hate

like some sort of evil doto loving spider fetishist from hell

Wacky Wheels hasn't held up at all. Runs at like 10 fps or some shit.

I guess I just needed to know.

Also: yeah, I prefer the pixelated snes look of ff6 over the really bad RPG maker stuff square did with ff5 and ff6. And it's not that I'm opposed to the games receiving 2d remakes either as I thought square did a pretty good job with the ffiv remake on the PSP and the ff1 and ff2 remakes they did back on the psx/PSP

It's just that these RPG maker FFs look so cheap. It's like they gave it to a couple of interns and paid them with unsold copies of that final fantasy VII shooter

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Also I'll be the first world anarchist that puts viva piñata as third on my steamgaf GOTY.

EDIT: Forgot to add that i'll do it even though I havn't played it for 2 years and my old disc is broken and you can't buy it digitally on PC anymore #FuckMicrosoft

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Ruruja

I'm always mid-game in Rocket League when maintenance hits and it freezes my game for like 3 seconds then it stutters until the end of the match. Was about to save a shot when it happened just now, when the screen unfroze they'd scored. Won in the end though.

I really should learn my lesson.

gelf

Bundle spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

METAL SLUG 3 -- MB-C0E728ECBEE3C563 - Taken by Cyldman
METAL SLUG X -- MB-2F4EDB23ADE245AE - Taken by rtcn63

redlacs

yes, but not just your regular kind of tuesday. now trades without mobile authenticator officially suck donkey balls

ok, i stand corrected. i just tried to trade right after it went back on and it went through immediately just fine. for now.

data

Underrail will come out of early access on december 21st, and its price will also be increased according to a news post, so if any of you were interested, i'd consider getting it now

rtcn63

Killing a bunch of people and then beginning to spare later ones shows that although you may be a short-tempered, vengeful god- you are not necessarily a god without mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom