• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
TvX3NqM.jpg

dead

Dsyndrome

Gonna do a trivia giveaway tomorrow once I finish my electronics test, should be fun, no real leaps in logic as long as I don't screw the format up.

Wish Dragon's Dogma was coming out before the New Year, I'll be getting back in the shit schoolwise once it's out.

I'm starting miss the guard break and chain kills in AC:Brotherhood. What Ubi did in Unity is basically revert the combat back to AC1, which is kill one or two with hidden blade, then keep waiting for enemies to strike at you so you could parry them.

Would Ubi ever come up with a combat scheme that doesn't suck in some way?

bigzgod

I'm starting miss the guard break and chain kills in AC:Brotherhood. What Ubi did in Unity is basically revert the combat back to AC1, which is kill one or two with hidden blade, then keep waiting for enemies to strike at you so you could parry them.

Would Ubi ever come up with a combat scheme that doesn't suck in some way?

Well, in Syndicate, I rarely end up in combat unless that's my intention. It's just incredibly easy to stay in stealth and kill with throwing knives, especially with Evie's stealth upgrade. I'm not sure if that was the intention or not, to go more towards stealth and move away from outright combat.

Combat isn't terrible either, seems quite fluid and pretty standard AC with guard breaks and multi-kills triggering when multiple enemies are on the brink of death. Don't really have any complaints so far.

Well, in Syndicate, I rarely end up in combat unless that's my intention. It's just incredibly easy to stay in stealth and kill with throwing knives, especially with Evie's stealth upgrade. I'm not sure if that was the intention or not, to go more towards stealth and move away from outright combat.

Combat isn't terrible either, seems quite fluid and pretty standard AC with guard breaks and multi-kills triggering when multiple enemies are on the brink of death. Don't really have any complaints so far.
So they've put the mechanics back à la CoD dedicated server "innovation".

Infiltrating palaces in Unity is not as fun as it wanted to be. Guards are linked through a hivemind, with half-ass stealth mechanics and phantom blades being expensive and nearly impossible to get from looting, you have to be extremely slow and surgical to not get into fights. Luring the stupid AssCreed AIs to their deaths one at a time? Ain't nobody got time for that!

bigzgod

So they've put the mechanics back à la CoD dedicated server "innovation".

Infiltrating palaces in Unity is not as fun as it wanted to be. Guards are linked through a hivemind, with half-ass stealth mechanics and phantom blades being expensive and nearly impossible to get from looting, you have to be extremely slow and surgical to not get into fights. Luring the stupid AssCreed AIs to their deaths one at a time? Ain't nobody got time for that!

They definitely made it way easier in Syndicate to infiltrate. Evie's chameleon is just so broken, you can't be detected when you're not moving until they're almost right next to you, where you can easily assassinate them before they can yell.

AI seems really dumb in terms of detection as well, which apparently is a 180 from how you're describing Unity. They almost rarely look up, so killing from range is absurdly simple. Knives are silent but surely they would look up if they start seeing their men dropping like flies out of nowhere <_<

Tizoc

In a perfect world, every retro game emulation project would be done by M2.

Lord the things I'd do to add an option to alter the inputs/command list for classic Neo Geo Fighters. Seriously SNK's gimmickyness with movelists has not aged well.

Knurek

DotEmu keeps on shitting on all of your favorite games.
Final Fantasy titles? Check
Neo Geo titles? Check
Irem games? You bet they fucked them up too.
Double Dragon titles? Check
Raiden games? Check
Heroes of Might & Magic? Check check check motherfuckers.

Hey, publishers. We know profit margins are important to you, but seriously, for every $.01 you save on developing costs by going with those assfucks, you lose $1 in potential sales.

Tizoc

DotEmu keeps on shitting on all of your favorite games.
Final Fantasy titles? Check
Neo Geo titles? Check
Irem games? You bet they fucked them up too.
Double Dragon titles? Check
Raiden games? Check

Hey, publishers. We know profit margins are important to you, but seriously, for every $.01 you save on developing costs by going with those assfucks, you lose $1 in potential sales.

You know if the DD titles are actual ROMs that'd be good so I can use them with emulators, same for Raiden actually.
I don't think Raiden 3 and 4 are by Dotemu though? They run a lot better than what one would expect from Dotemu :p

accel

What exactly is DOTemu?

A company - apparently with some stains on its rep due to bad ports (?).

This is not to defend DotEmu (I haven't seen enough from them to defend), but just to clarify - I thought the issue with this particular title (III HD) is that while the port is okay, the game is woefully incomplete, no? Or are there problems with the port as well?

Soulflarz

Banned
Im back

guys
snakes coming back to smash

whats wrong with all of you

also junior . to reach your member status? We're onto you!
not really

bigzgod

Im back

guys
snakes coming back to smash

whats wrong with all of you

also junior . to reach your member status? We're onto you!
not really

Probably more for the 5 posts minimum for the lurker rule.

With the winter sale cards out now, I wonder how we'll get the free cards without dailies. Just from purchases?

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
3D Realms Anthology Steam Edition -- MB-D0EFFBB735076DA0 - Taken by Dsyndrome. 7 entrants total.

t1449645864z1.png

Picked up the NeoGeo bundle for 98 and 2002. Here's an Extra.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metal Slug 3 -- MB-6AC98D0F544D7480 - Taken by thesaucetastic

Deques

you both (zky and Bernardo) are just weirdos

yeah, I don't like how t4HoL looks either, that might be one of reasons why I never have finished it, what reminds me... no, no time for this.

From all older FFs late remakes and spinoffs I only liked how FF4 Complete Collection for PSP looks.

I hope that Square Enix releases PSP version to Steam some day

Tizoc

No seriously how do you play Squarecells? All I seem to do is hold my mouse and move over the squares and that's it @_@

Lain

I hope that Square Enix releases PSP version to Steam some day

If they ever decided to release PSP games on Steam (wait, they already did with Type-0!), I'd love to see The 3rd Birthday reach the store. I loved the game on PSP and subsequently on Vita.

zkylon

zkylewd
No seriously how do you play Squarecells? All I seem to do is hold my mouse and move over the squares and that's it @_@
??

just play it like minesweeper, try to find the cells that have bombs in em by right clicking and clear the ones that don't with left click

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom