• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

GB Quick Look: Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-darius-burst-chronicle-saviours/2300-10906/

I also feel the need to point out these rather clear instructions for trivia giveaways which come with every trivia giveaway:

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM

iosefe

y4TVHtp.png

at the start*

I fucked up this semester guys, got a C in one of my math classes ;-;

Going to have to retake it and even then the school I'm transferring to only accepts the average of your two grades. Had to take an exam with a migraine as the teacher wouldn't let me delay it and he had no homework grades to make up for how poorly I did. Seems unfair given how well I did in the class at large but oh well.

And that's awesome to hear that Lightning Returns has already been fixed potentially, if so I'll pick it up in the morning. Shame Heroes isn't as easy to fix apparently.

You have to retake the class w/ a C? I'm guessing it's a required course for your major and you have to have a certain grade in it? That sucks man. At least it'll be easier next time.
The average GPA for UT Austin's School of Natural Sciences which I'll be transferring to*fingers crossed* something in the Spring of 16 is a 3.75. That and I need good grades in my stem courses, really fucked up but there's no point stressing over it right now and I can't change it :p Just means I can't transfer for fall of this year which is fine, will let me space out my classes more.

So XIII created a battle system that was perfected in XIII-2 and gets completely thrown out the window in LR. Does that sound about right?

I have no idea what I'm doing. Is the DLC stuff any good or what?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Shantom, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign -- MB-7A5C3EA61986466C - Taken by trailmix16. 57 entrants total.

t1449849208z1.png

Master game designer Toriyama is never content to rest on his laurels, after creating the best JRPG battle system of all time in XIII and XIII-2 he decided to do the same thing for the action rpg genre.

dex3108

I fucked up this semester guys, got a C in one of my math classes ;-;

Going to have to retake it and even then the school I'm transferring to only accepts the average of your two grades. Had to take an exam with a migraine as the teacher wouldn't let me delay it and he had no homework grades to make up for how poorly I did. Seems unfair given how well I did in the class at large but oh well.

And that's awesome to hear that Lightning Returns has already been fixed potentially, if so I'll pick it up in the morning. Shame Heroes isn't as easy to fix apparently.

Well at least you didn't get lower grade just because you did exam at the end of semester. It happened to me twice for both Math 1 and Math 2 (for Math 1 I got 8 instead of 9 and for Math 2 I got 9 instead of 10). Professor apparently preferred students who took two smaller exams during semester instead of one big one at the end of semester. :D

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game -- MB-C2817641F52E9418 - Taken by trailmix16

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

horizon shift- -- MB-339A97135814FD81 - Taken by Vlad
battle vs chess- -- MB-AA5B17728BF227C0 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

and a code for wickland- 9I27J-EG5RI-48WZ8

Lain

Master game designer Toriyama is never content to rest on his laurels, after creating the best JRPG battle system of all time in XIII and XIII-2 he decided to do the same thing for the action rpg genre.

Toriyama is amazing, I hope they give FF back to him for 16.

Darksiders is also Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

redfaction_armageddon.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg

Darksiders -- MB-E63CBE9D0740D3FA - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 5 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-7E64DB48189BDE51
Bardbarian -- MB-84F3129DB457A955 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-C4003DD410ADC99D

t1449818429z1.png

the temple of trial is so fucking bad in fallout 2. I'm trying to play a character that focuses on speech for my first full playthrough of the game and these fucking monsters man. they take forever to die, i got a 30% chance of hitting but it feels more like a 5% chance. I got small arms at like 40% but as you know, the game starts you off with your fist or a spear. I think I'm just going to race to the finish, I was actually falling asleep while i was waiting for a hit to finally land

Have there been any hints as to when EDF 4.1 is coming to steam? Want to play it so bad and the PS4 release is tempting, but I imagine it'll be sooner rather than later for the PC release right?

Hopefully EDF 2 vita will sate my lust for bugs for now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No chance Valhalla Hills is on it, it just came out and it's $30

Hope it is tho looks dope

ExoSoul

Banned
Taking out the trash, not sure if Glacier 3 was used or not.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Woodland Adventures -- MB-D2810DA11A4F78D5
TeraBlaster -- MB-7C649B2CC847A424
Glacier 3 -- MB-5E160FBA9D723069
Sumo Revise -- MB-49D8AC63AFA5E897 - Taken by Purkake4

No chance Valhalla Hills is on it, it just came out and it's $30

Hope it is tho looks dope

Hey, I'd be shocked too, but the hints given for one of the games was Vikings and a 77% approval rating on steam and that matches perfectly. Still it probably isn't!

zkylon

zkylewd
the temple of trial is so fucking bad in fallout 2. I'm trying to play a character that focuses on speech for my first full playthrough of the game and these fucking monsters man. they take forever to die, i got a 30% chance of hitting but it feels more like a 5% chance. I got small arms at like 40% but as you know, the game starts you off with your fist or a spear. I think I'm just going to race to the finish, I was actually falling asleep while i was waiting for a hit to finally land

yeah, temple of trials is a really bad tutorial level

i'm pretty sure you can just download a save after that and just edit ur character with a character editor if u wanna save urself the pain

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's surprising, it was very barebones when I last checked it.

It wasn't supposed to come out of Early Access until some point during "the first half of 2016". I regret not picking up the Contributor Edition when the game hit EA just four months ago and was 20% off.

Just a question. I have a VPN with a private IP in China and go back to the end of december to Germany. Is it possible to buy games with Chinese prices when I connect with the Chinese VPN with my private chinese IP when I use Steam or would it be too risky?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just a question. I have a VPN with a private IP in China and go back to the end of december to Germany. Is it possible to buy games with Chinese prices when I connect with the Chinese VPN with my private chinese IP when I use Steam or would it be too risky?

The latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom