• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Beta 3 is the 18th-20th.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Street Fighter V Beta -- MB-5273D885EA600C96 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 6 entrants total.

t1449822990z1.png

Is there an option on Steam to use the cloud save files over the local files? Or if there's a difference in local saves to the cloud saves, it will ask you which ones you'd want to run when you start the game? I ask because it really does not happen often, if it does, and a friend did something stupid.

Basically, you're only permitted to purchase games from the store of the region within which you're currently residing.

Yeah. I know that, but it seems I am back in Germany before the Winter Sale starts. But just a thought. Couldnt I use TeamViewer or sth. like that, remotely control my chinese PC from Germany and buy them like that then?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there an option on Steam to use the cloud save files over the local files? Or if there's a difference in local saves to the cloud saves, it will ask you which ones you'd want to run when you start the game? I ask because it really does not happen often, if it does, and a friend did something stupid.

This.

TkDiXR1.jpg

Yeah. I know that, but it seems I am back in Germany before the Winter Sale starts. But just a thought. Couldnt I use TeamViewer or sth. like that, remotely control my chinese PC from Germany and buy them like that then?

Valve would know something is amiss if it noticed that your IP was bouncing between China and Germany.

JaseC

Thanks a ton. I noticed that it started to repopulate all the saves and we're all good. Thanks man.

Yeah, if the local files are outright missing, then the Steam Cloud ones will simply take their place automatically. I was about to edit that in, haha.

accel

Doom 3: BFG Edition, here I come (just have to finish full nightmare clear of Quake 1 first)!

Also:

Help. I'm beginning to get incredibly hyped for Legion.

I am looking forward to it as well, although it is kind of hard to get too excited after WoD. My biggest question mark wrt Legion is PVP changes, I am very guarded about changes to PVP gear (if I have to raid to get the best gear, it's a huge step back), and I don't like what they did with EMFH (it needed to be switched to a PVE buff, in my opinion, instead they reduced it in half - that is still OP depending on comp).

MUnited83

For you.
Speaking of Steam cloud, is there any way to force the thing to actually work? I've seen some games I used to play on my laptop have Steam cloud enabled and I played then, but there's "0 MB stored"

Sober

Damn, is there no workaround to the nvidia driver bug in AssCreed Unity's Rift levels other than rolling back the driver or just dealing with those glitches?

accel

The BFG Edition has traces of id Tech 5 and is consequently not mod-friendly. The original release is still the best option.

The original release does not include the additional levels that the BFG Edition has, no?

"DOOM 3 BFG Edition includes an all-new chapter in the DOOM 3 experience – ‘The Lost Mission’, featuring eight heart-pounding single player levels and a completely new storyline that will have players once again on the edge of their seats."

JaseC

"Holiday Season 2015" is a strange date to have for something that, in this case, refers to the next three weeks.

Just played Street Fighter 5 for the first time. Can max it at 1080p to my surprise. Game looks great and runs great. Was playing mainly Necali. While trying to learn the game I fought about 12 or 13 matches I believe? Maybe a bit lower than that number, and only had one bad connection.
For fucks sake

There there Chariot, as always I am with ya to the end to fight this Sakura menace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom