• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantom

Ah... Degigames posted it 42 minutes ago....Welll... 23 Percent off!!! YEah!!! I've been drinking.

Seems the discount is not active for some reason, the store front also says 25% off

BHVyybM.png

The discount seems to have just ended. It's been 25% off for the last week or so. Unfortunately the UK price is £40 on GMG, and £30 on Steam, so all the 25% off did was bring it down to the Steam RRP.

Kaleinc

Banned
I'm aware of that, but living under a data cap and the game being 64 gigs, that's not really an option. I already had to put up with Rockstar Club for Max Payne 3.

For me to get GTA V on Steam, somebody would have to ship me a Steam backup on a flash drive or something (same goes for Old Blood).
Retail games download at least half their size either way, there is also Konami.

RedSwirl

Retail games download at least half their size either way, there is also Konami.

GTA V on PC is confirmed to come in a package of seven DVDs. This has been the norm for most games for a while anyway. MGS V and Fallout 4 were highly unusual cases, even for Bethesda in terms of the latter. Evil Within and Wolfenstein each come in boxes with four DVDs. Rockstar in this case even had the decency to not put them in a shitty box.

And even if I end up downloading a chunk of the game, that's better than having to download 64GB.

I swear, data caps are making PC games straight-up unavailable in some instances.

Sarcasm

I'm aware of that, but living under a data cap and the game being 64 gigs, that's not really an option. I already had to put up with Rockstar Club for Max Payne 3.

For me to get GTA V on Steam, somebody would have to ship me a Steam backup on a flash drive or something (same goes for Old Blood).

You save some data by physical but yea gonna still end up downloading a lot. And on R* nice (not) download service too lol.

This is if you let it patch that is.

The only game I ever refunded on steam. I was in the headstart. It's thoroughly mediocre unfortunately. It loosely use the D&D ruleset. It's more like a terrible hack and slash with a D&D skin. The devs were hyping it up as a game like BG and DAO and it's not at all.

Oof... Worth the download then? Could you elaborate on what you disliked?

RedSwirl

You save some data by physical but yea gonna still end up downloading a lot. And on R* nice (not) download service too lol.

This is if you let it patch that is.

What matters is how much data it takes to patch all the way from the 1.0 version to the current version. I imagine that's not 64 gigs.

Momentary

Banned
The discount seems to have just ended. It's been 25% off for the last week or so. Unfortunately the UK price is £40 on GMG, and £30 on Steam, so all the 25% off did was bring it down to the Steam RRP.

kind of weird that it was just tweeted an hour ago by Degica.

Give me Horizons Steam version with the "already own base game" discount and with no base game as I already own it, and I might consider. Their pricing is a bit of a mess for existing customers.
Oh it's why I've never considered buying Elite Dangerous, I would need to spend hundreds of dollars to get the full experience.

Even tweeted and liked which I rarely do.
It's the closest thing to my ideal dinosaur game outside Dino Crisis 1 and 2.
OK, watched some videos. Looks simple and fun.
The true story of how Turok 08 came to Steam:

bish was like "Night Dive is cool"

I was like "well if they are in touch with the comic book license owner and you have the contacts at Disney to make this happen, why hasn't Turok 08 happened yet"

bish tweets Night Dive seconds later

Night Dive adds bish on LinkedIn

It's just that easy folks
Eh. Would not have thought licensing stuff to be solved this straightforward and easy lol
CWTxpY3WsAAI9lf.png

that was way too easy
Old Iron King is actually the best "gimmick" boss in soul series. He would have been Bed of Chaos or Dragon God in previous Souls games, so I appreciate what From did with him.

Lain

So ya, not only valve killed card trading, they now introduced army of mobile bullies, way to go, valve

on the bright side, munchie is right about me not trading cards finally, I'm done. Now when I'm back to buying-selling, I could probably abandon all badge thingie entirely, buying-selling in the best case scenario make me lose from one to five-six-ten cents with every "trade", while it's not a problem with one badge, it's a problem with thousand of cards, it all adds up to huge money over money spend buying cards already, granted trading takes a lot of time too, that can be spent in better ways, like playing games for example.
Oh well, maybe it's time to let it all go.

I feel like you're leaving something out here.
I guess people doing trades now expect you to use the mob app because they don't want to be hit with the delay. If so, I'd go out and say that was Valve's main plan all along.

Sarcasm

What matters is how much data it takes to patch all the way from the 1.0 version to the current version. I imagine that's not 64 gigs.

Well prob the 5GB you need to download after installing from retail and patches.

Last patch was over 1GB (last night for me). So yea near 10GB isn't as bad as 65GB.

RedSwirl

Well prob the 5GB you need to download after installing from retail and patches.

Last patch was over 1GB (last night for me). So yea near 10GB isn't as bad as 65GB.

And sometimes patches get rolled into each other if you're going all the way from 1.0, so it's hard to say.

I've only put half an hour into Bunker so far and I've run into:

spelling and grammar errors

saves duplicating themselves (a problem when you're only allowed four slots)

unfunny references, up to and including those "rage face" memes

and a game-breaking bug where I managed to walk into an area that I couldn't walk out of

So yeah, I'd say we're off to a great start. Sigh.

Vamphuntr

Oof... Worth the download then? Could you elaborate on what you disliked?

Not sure if they patched it since I refunded it quickly. The abilities work like a MOBA. You don't have a number of use for spells and abilities or a mana pool but simply cooldowns on them. So you spam all the time. You don't learn spells from scrolls but pick them on some terrible skill trees at level up. All classes can revive dead people since why not. The netcode was a disaster with people fighting invisible monster and me trying to loot already looted corpse. Game was an ugly mess and stuttered badly on my GTX 970 @ 1080p.

You could tell the team that made this game had not much experience with this kind of game. To scroll the screen you need to hold down the wheel of the mouse or use the keyboard arrows. Controls were clunky, your spellcaster would rush to auto attack monsters unless you used abilities or clicked on an icon in the UI. UI also looked really poor.

Khronico

Debating whether or not to use my 2 bucks of steam wallet to get in early on the ghost in the shell game. I've made dumber purchasing decisions I guess.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Are all of these visual novels popping up on Steam and rise of visual novels a sign?

3c8b4a7e8e7eca89ec2e6f5e81b6a9f7.png

f5e205bf8152e98e001f5ae654094851.png

4e3689d29b5c26737de1257feaea4a9a.png

d169efd1154be1b6dc665178097cfe8a.png

I'm being fallacious and watching The World God Only Knows for the first time with a friend right now.

Vamphuntr

Anyone here played Satellite Reign? I'm kind eyeing this and Underrail for the Holiday sale. And maybe some stuff like DD and RE0 if there are deals on preorders too.

Jazz573

Are all of these visual novels popping up on Steam and rise of visual novels a sign?

3c8b4a7e8e7eca89ec2e6f5e81b6a9f7.png

f5e205bf8152e98e001f5ae654094851.png

4e3689d29b5c26737de1257feaea4a9a.png

d169efd1154be1b6dc665178097cfe8a.png

I'm being fallacious and watching The World God Only Knows for the first time with a friend right now.

You should see how many otome games got released on the PSP in the past few years. They've now all moved to Vita, but that was dead on arrival. ;(

Dr.Acula

Banned
Debating whether or not to use my 2 bucks of steam wallet to get in early on the ghost in the shell game. I've made dumber purchasing decisions I guess.

Game looks like butt, and it's been touched by Nexon -who has a pretty dismal track record.

Watch some twitch/youtube of it before you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom