• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

I don't think Valve would allow that. :p

Think of how many bad faps Steam is responsible for!

zLawDvl.jpg

I wish Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth would come to PSN one of these days so I could play it on my vita instead of having to pull out my crusty psp. Is it a music rights issue?

Adnor

Banned
I hope it's not a horror game. I know a lot of you guys want more after P.T. but I've never liked horror games.

And no Dying Light doesn't count, it's a game about drop kicking zombies it's not horror.

yuraya

Good news is Sony doesn't own Kojima productions. Its his own independent studio. He is free from all the corporate overlords. Can you imagine how crazy he can get now?

Kriken

Good news is Sony doesn't own Kojima productions. Its his own independent studio. He is free from all the corporate overlords. Can you imagine how crazy he can get now?

I'm actually afraid of how crazy he can get. Curious how ambitious a project this franchise will be

Uzzy

Looking forward to seeing Kojima's new game, which will be out in time for the PS5.

Still, if this comes to PC too then I think we can safely say that Sony are better supporters of PC Gaming than Microsoft are.

Lain

Speaking of games that won't be talked about a year after release, it's the latest Ys game!

Well obviously, it's not coming out on PC. Why would we talk about it in here a year after release.

looks like Silvercow is going to start giving Winged Cloud some competition in the garbage visual novel genre

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573503319

A blocky world filled with girls...

More ridiculously over-sized balloons made to pass as boobs? Sure, why not.
They gotta improve that art a lot though.

accel

By the way.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be actively developing Idle Master any more. It's just become so demoralizing to ...

I think what I'll do is simply update the Github page / website to specifically state that the program is being provided completely as-is with no warranty or support, use at your own risk, etc etc. I'll keep the Steam groups open but unsubscribe myself from everything there. My email is already doing auto-responses.

It sucks, but I think the only thing I can do for my own sanity at this point is to step away. Maybe I'll be back at some point, maybe not.

I've been burned out like that, too.

I think the above is the perfect plan - just work on the program as if it was just a tool for yourself, add / fix the things you want, don't add / don't fix the things you think are not worth adding or fixing, etc, and let the community sort out the rest.

If someone wants to grapple with that server-side logoff, for example, (ie, by caching user credentials for the session and resending the authentication form when the server expires the cookie), they can, the source code is out there (and you are even maintaining it, keeping it free of bugs that bother you, etc), adding things is simple. Let them fork the project and go on their own. When Valve break that by adding a captcha, that's going to be their problem, not yours.

Same triply so for support - you have the FAQ, that's 99% of the value you are going to get. Answering the same (wrong) questions over and over and over and over and over eats a heck of a lot of time, and the kicker is - it doesn't help. It's just way too inefficient to make any difference.

IdleMaster is a great piece of software that is adding quite a lot of value to the Steam accounts of many, many people. Don't let the byproduct of its popularity - clueless users asking same dumb questions and demanding things - upset you, it's just something that happens, the sun rises every morning and popular programs get their dose of clueless users. It's ok to just ignore them. /brofist :)

Grief.exe

How many people snagging DD?

Day one, no questions.

I've been waiting for this game forever. I even avoided the game on console because I had faith Capcom would port the game over one day.

I don't think Sony would fund a Kojima project, only to see it on the PC as well. SFV, I think is a different proposition to a Kojima budget.

Likely has his own money and other investors as well.

Sony doesn't like to throw out 'console exclusive' if at all possible.

Got it free on console -.-

Pet peeve, but PS+ is not free.

yuraya

A KS will not do enough to cover a fraction of a Koijima game, judging from past trends.

He could be also making a smaller scale game, but just going on the positions open on here http://www.kojimaproductions.jp/ I don't think so...

I don't know about that. If he announces a very ambitious project he could easily raise tens of millions of dollars. I'm not saying he can pull a Star Citizen but you gotta admit Kojima's resume is flawless. Metal Gear franchise sold over 40 million copies before MGSV was released. All his mainline games are over 90 metacritic. The guy has more than enough credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom