• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Can't think of the last game I really liked. I don't think there's been anything this gen yet i would put in my top 10 of all time.

I know I asked this a few weeks ago but I already forgot the response. How can you change which exe steam loads for a game? Trying to play Freespace 2 and I'm using openfreespace for mod support and steam doesn't load that so I can't take screenshots or have an accurate playtime reading.

Last game I felt in love with was Metal Gear Rising. I feel because it was like my introduction to crazy ass games, and I will always remember it fondly.

I did like games like Shovel Knight, FEAR, Shantae, but they didn't occupy my mind like MGR did to me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bayonetta, you mystery (Who...)
You came along with a destiny (...Are you)
This is your life
A battlefield telling you who you are (A mystery)
Bayonetta, this is your time (Hold tight)
You gonna sparkle,
You gonna shine (Moonlight)
Girl when you fight,
it looks like a dance
You are magic, you're magic (You're dancing beautifully)
tumblr_mo1z6qJug81r03eaxo1_r1_400.gif

Still hyped as fuck by the Bayo announcement for Smash.

ExoSoul

Banned
Hot links

Get informed brah

Ignorance is bliss damn you!!!!

Bayonetta, you mystery (Who...)
You came along with a destiny (...Are you)
This is your life
A battlefield telling you who you are (A mystery)
Bayonetta, this is your time (Hold tight)
You gonna sparkle,
You gonna shine (Moonlight)
Girl when you fight,
it looks like a dance
You are magic, you're magic (You're dancing beautifully)
tumblr_mo1z6qJug81r03eaxo1_r1_400.gif

Still hyped as fuck by the Bayo announcement for Smash.

Don't forget this one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What was the game recently that was going to add some Dota item, a courier I believe?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Undertale to Overtale to Intale the pre-sequel.

Eventually followed by Tailtale, the crossover with Haotful Boyfriend.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be actively developing Idle Master any more. It's just become so demoralizing to wake up every day and see this:

(the guy with the link goes to a screenshot of his Steam client library that has about 20 total games in it, almost all of them are F2P). And that's just from the Steam group. The discussions on that group are the same though there are some great people filling in for me answering these questions (even though this particular issue is #1 in the stickied FAQs post). This sort of stuff is prevalent not only in Steam but also in Reddit any time I sign in I typically have a handful of messages that typically get the same copy/paste response from the FAQs. Everyone in that screenshot also tried adding me as a friend on Steam. They're not always this nice about it either.

I completely understand that these users are in legitimate need of assistance when using Idle Master. However, the program started as a "this works for me and solves my problem, it might work for you too" and has grown into a huge hassle. The majority of this misunderstanding comes from people not being fully aware of how trading cards work - so Idle Master gets a bad reputation because people don't fully understand the problem it intends to solve. This has been exacerbated by Steam changing how Steam works in regards to trading card drops and various other things several times over the past year.

The latest issue is that Valve finally started cracking down on account security by invalidating cookie data server-side. This is something they should have been doing all along. Idle Master took advantage of them not doing this, but now that they are there really isn't much that can be done about it. I'm sure you have all seen this by now, but you know when you're in the client and you open a webpage on Steam and you get the "Checking your information..." with the loading animation centered across the page? This means that Steam has invalidated your existing cookie data and it's checking your local client authentication data to generate a new sessionID. Unfortunately for Idle Master, this means you're getting logged out because the program can no longer read your badges page until you re-authenticate with Steam. The bottom line is that if Steam logs you out server-side, you're going to have to go back through client-side authentication.

The problem again of course is that people expect me to have some kind of miracle fix so they can go back to interruption-free idling. While a fix is technically possible, this isn't a problem that really affects me personally very much (I get logged out about once every 24 hours) so it's not a huge priority for me to fix. Even if I did start getting affected like some people's accounts that get logged out every hour, I've more or less stopped buying bundles and my supply of available trading cards is going down faster than they're being replenished, for like the first time ever.

I think what I'll do is simply update the Github page / website to specifically state that the program is being provided completely as-is with no warranty or support, use at your own risk, etc etc. I'll keep the Steam groups open but unsubscribe myself from everything there. My email is already doing auto-responses.

It sucks, but I think the only thing I can do for my own sanity at this point is to step away. Maybe I'll be back at some point, maybe not.

So this is why I kept getting randomly kicked out after idling for a day.

Fucking Valve. One step forward, two steps back.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-97AAE588857EB043 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Grimoire: Manastorm -- MB-2425DBF912E50DE8 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.

t1450242128z1.png

Poop.

looks like Silvercow is going to start giving Winged Cloud some competition in the garbage visual novel genre

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573503319

A blocky world filled with girls...

Caught inside malfunctioning Virtual Reality equipment, Takeshi finds himself surrounded by a world of blocks... and beautiful girls!

But a creeping menace lurks in the darkness...

With no apparent way to escape the mysterious virtual land, Takeshi joins forces with Asahi - an Overworld archer girl - and Dawn, an unusually flirty healer. All too quickly he's introduced to the horrors of the Underworld: the Darklings.

Led by a trio of femme-fatales, the Darkling army forcefully consumes Overworld villages and turns their peaceful, defenseless inhabitants into wretched Underworld minions. Is there any way to stop their horrifying onslaught?

What plagues the mysterious land of Burokku?

Can Virtual Reality girls have real feelings?

And will Takeshi ever make it safely back home?

Jazz573

On the Greenlight page:

Me: Eww. More Sakura-tier garbage. *facepalm*
Exo: At least Sakura knows how to draw.
Me: @Exo Lol. RIP Chariot. :p

We need Ultimate Boob Wars!! ~Big Breasts vs Flat Chests~ on Steam so people can buy that instead of crap like that.

I don't think Valve would allow that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom