• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboShmup

Banned
Defense Grid is fantabulous. It was recommended to me during the Summer Sale, and now I'm recommending it to everyone else. Really worth it.

Red

Yes. The entries in the final contest are directly related to how much coal you have on Jan 2nd

Thanks.

I wonder if there are any other services that promote themselves as well as Steam does. It really has become its own platform. These targeted Steam achievements are such a perfect way to advertise smaller titles, and it turns buying things into a game itself.

How did I miss that achievement?

*subscribes*

*50 percent off Supreme Commander 2*

:lol
I got 50% off Briad...it is 75% off right now.

Well actually looking at the steamprices graph it seems the trend is 75% off Christmas and other sales periods are only 50% off so if it is another daily between Jana nd March it is as good as the Chirstma...oh whats the point in pretending its useful *tears up coupon*

Ugh, I still haven't gotten through most of my backlog from the Summer sale.

Debating Batman today. 50% off is a great deal, but I'm trying to be more frugal...still, $25 is a better deal than I was expecting...considering Monday Night Combat as well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wonder how much HDD space you'd need for every game on Steam.

1600 games * 1 gig (Probably closest to the actual average) = 1600 gigs
1600 games * 5 gigs (DVD4) = 8000 gigs
1600 games * 11 gigs (Seems to be where most big games are) = 17600 gigs
1600 games * 30 gigs (Largest game on Steam) = 48000 gigs

"Arkham City - not available in your region"? But the DLC is available? What the shit? And I was ready to buy... This is kinda stupid and infuriating.

edit: Fable 3 wasn't/isn't available too, though didn't care enough about that to bitch-whine. :(

Nabs

I just got it from completing the psychonauts achievement. I used a save file that I got from the wiki. I guess that's my punishment... :( It looks like I could have gotten it on my own save file but I had no idea where I was...

Gabe-Newell-6.jpg

Davedough

1600 games * 1 gig (Probably closest to the actual average) = 1600 gigs
1600 games * 5 gigs (DVD4) = 8000 gigs
1600 games * 11 gigs (Seems to be where most big games are) = 17600 gigs
1600 games * 30 gigs (Largest game on Steam) = 48000 gigs

Time to start looking for contests offering multi-TB NAS devices.

Darkhadou

Neo Member
FFS

Crafted 7 coal after trading Dungeon Defenders for 2 coal. I got a voucher for -33% off the Valve Complete Pack. FML.

Also, what's the difference between light blue and blue vouchers?

pfkas

Jumped on Jurassic Park as it's something I've been meaning to get and quite pleased it's come up on a daily. Just going into the settings and changing the screen resolution is a painful experience. It actually re-sizes the screen each time you click the arrow to go up one option. That's about 12 re-sizes in all. And the mouse pointer resets to the middle of the screen each time. How did that get through QA? 'Oh, that'll do'

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
FFS

Crafted 7 coal after trading Dungeon Defenders for 2 coal. I got a voucher for -33% off the Valve Complete Pack. FML.

I think the dark blue is Valve Vouchers, Light Blue is non valve, and gold is usable during the sale.

BY2K

Membero Americo
FFS

Okay, screw this, I'm not crafting coal, I'll only trade them.

I think the dark blue is Valve Vouchers, Light Blue is non valve, and gold is usable during the sale.

I think it's actually that darker blue is more valuable than lighter blue. Gold is obviously the highest value.

EDIT: seeing the picture below, looks like my theory was wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom