• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkhadou

Neo Member
Here's my theory: dark blue is specific games, light blue is publishers/bundles.

Cross checking with this:
pCzSt.jpg

Seems you're right.

1600 games * 1 gig (Probably closest to the actual average) = 1600 gigs
1600 games * 5 gigs (DVD4) = 8000 gigs
1600 games * 11 gigs (Seems to be where most big games are) = 17600 gigs
1600 games * 30 gigs (Largest game on Steam) = 48000 gigs

This reminded me that hard drive prices are still pretty high :(

Anyways, Arkham City sale came sooner than expected, but it is number one on my wishlist so I'm going to get it.

Wortany

A friend got The Hitman Collection from the first achievement.

Ah well, I know there's a beautiful gift waiting for me to be opened in the coming days.

Am I the only one who enjoys the surprise from crafting the coal? I'm like that in TF2, I enjoy the surprise of crafting 3 refined together, even if I get some terrible loot.

Grokbu

Since the price of it is so low to begin with. What do you guys think the chance of Poker Night at the Inventory going on a daily deal is?

Turfster

Am I the only one who enjoys the surprise from crafting the coal? I'm like that in TF2, I enjoy the surprise of crafting 3 refined together, even if I get some terrible loot.

I think you are. Getting shitty stuff you don't want like a voucher is like getting one of those fluff-covered pieces of sticky candy that was in your nan's handbag for 10 years as a christmas gift.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Posted this in wrong thread...

So yeah : anyone have my amazing luck beat?

captureu5k50.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Posted this in wrong thread...

So yeah : anyone have my amazing luck beat?

http://www.abload.de/img/captureu5k50.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

2 pages ago, there was a Gaffer with 7 Valve coupons. Thats the highscore to beat currently.

What the FUCK?

I added Costume Quest and Monday Night Combat to my cart, and Steam is trying to charge me $7.50 for Costume Quest and $2.50 for Monday Night Combat!? NO SALE

Is STALKER: Clear Sky worth it? I have the other two (which are STILL in my backlog) so I'm wondering if it's worth finishing up the collection for $2.50. I've heard it's not that great, though?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Naaaw man, naaaaaw....

That dude got oddbox and dmc3 + other stuff...

:( I'd take that any day of the week.

Vyrance

God the Defense Grid achievement is insane. I even followed a guide and I can't get it...

Kind of a late reply, but also if anyone else wants the easy way of getting the achievement, play the Focal Point map on Adrenaline. Only have to get 100,000 and not lose any cores to get the gold medal. I finished that one with a score of 290,000.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Naaaw man, naaaaaw....

That dude got oddbox and dmc3 + other stuff...

:( I'd take that any day of the week.

CSS and dmc3 arent from the achievement stuff. He had it before probably. Look at the difference of the icons.

But yeah. Oddbox is nice enough. But still, having 7 Valve coupons is just mean. But good for him if he even has a use for them.

Zimbardo

so i bought Payday The Heist today ...just wanted to say that the game changes a global setting in the Nvidia control panel ...which i feel is pretty unacceptable.

every time you run the game, it changes the max pre rendered frames to 0, instead of nvidia's default of 3.

i believe it also changes an anti aliasing setting to application controlled.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256312

also, has anyone else experienced that the game will not save your in game advanced graphics settings? example ...each time you restart the game, texture settings will be at low again instead of high, etc, etc,.

very annoying have to change that every time you launch the game.

Scoops

Banned
so i bought Payday The Heist today ...just wanted to say that the game changes a global setting in the Nvidia control panel ...which i feel is pretty unacceptable.

every time you run the game, it changes the max pre rendered frames to 0, instead of nvidia's default of 3.

i believe it also changes an anti aliasing setting to application controlled.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256312

also, has anyone else experienced that the game will not save your in game advanced graphics settings? example ...each time you restart the game, texture settings will be at low again instead of high, etc, etc,.

very annoying have to change that every time you launch the game.

Works fine for me but I'm using ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom