• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuwa

The STALKER games are great. I bought the first one back on sale in 2009 and it sat in my backlog for a while. Then I downloaded the Complete mod and the game was completely changed.

Still need to get through Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. If you're going to get these games (they're a steal at these prices! especially Shadow of Chernobyl) then also get the Complete mods.

Although playing these games will just make you sad about the cancellation of STALKER 2 :(

Zimbardo

Works fine for me but I'm using ATI.

so when u change texture settings, anti aliasing, etc, in the game menu and then exit the game/ re load it again ...those settings will remain the way you set them eh?

i'm not alone with that issue at least ...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2302162

i've heard that they change the nvidia control panel's pre rendered frames to 0 as an attempt to fix the mouse lag ...but that's a very poor way to do it, imo.

jediyoshi

I'm doomed. I bought half the Arkham City DLC through GFWL from all these extra allards I had, now I'm buying the rest through Steam.

1-D_FTW

pCzSt.jpg

Maybe Valve will let me stack them? I can dream.

Sure. I heard Valve will let you stack them to get TF 2 for free.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
50% Serious Sam HD: Second Encounter

That's...actually not that bad. Alright.

I won the full game! I mean, I don't really want the game or have any intention to play it, but it's kinda neat to actually win something other than coal and or a fukkin coupon.

CSS and dmc3 arent from the achievement stuff. He had it before probably. Look at the difference of the icons.

But yeah. Oddbox is nice enough. But still, having 7 Valve coupons is just mean. But good for him if he even has a use for them.

CSS was from when I checked my Inventory. DMC3 was result of crafting 7 coals together.

Neiteio

I bought Sonic Generations for $15 on Steam, knowing it's Steamworks, but how do I activate it in Steam? Amazon is prompting me to run this Amazon Downloader. Does that activate it in Steam somehow?

Tambini

I bought Sonic Generations for $15 on Steam, knowing it's Steamworks, but how do I activate it in Steam? Amazon is prompting me to run this Amazon Downloader. Does that activate it in Steam somehow?

On your order page, it says the product code, which is what you put into steam. Don't bother with the amazon downloader

goober

you should also get a key in your Games Collection or whatever Amazon calls it.

1-D_FTW

Amazon - Your Digital Items - Games & Software - Copy and Paste the activation key into Steam.

ManeKast

How did I get DOTA2? I haven't tried the acheivements or anything just clicked the page and got a DOTA2 voucher. Now its in my games.

I didn't even try is this normal?

Soi-Fong

I got a Steam gift that included Half Life and Half Life 2. lol

How did I get DOTA2? I haven't tried the acheivements or anything just clicked the page and got a DOTA2 voucher. Now its in my games.

I didn't even try is this normal?

Wanna give it to me then? lol

I'm saving all of my coal based off of what I've seen everyone get. I would rather a chance at winning the entire Steam library, no matter how infinitesimal, than get another wanky coupon.

ElRenoRaven

I'm saving all of my coal based off of what I've seen everyone get. I would rather a chance at winning the entire Steam library, no matter how infinitesimal, than get another wanky coupon.

That's why you save it and trade it for games you do want. That's what I'm doing. Sadly haven't seen anyone who wants to trade a copy of RTCW for 3 coal yet. lol

Gav47

I forgot now sluggish Poker night and the Inventory is. But I won a hand and got the Christmas achievement as well as the Summer sale one, smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom