• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So what big games haven't gotten a daily yet? Seems like everything's been covered. Besides the Assassin's Creed series, maybe.

confused

Banned
Dear Steam,

Today I would like 75$ off Medal of Honor, and perhaps maybe 50% off Anno 2070. Please make it happen.

Kind regards,
Neil

Volcynika

I thought the new deals were supposed to come up now? Oh well, I suppose it give me once last chance to appeal for Bulletstorm. I cannot purchase it as it is locked, so if anyone would be willing to buy it for me i can offer any similarly priced game in return.

Well there is a big timer on the main store page. :p

sohois

hmm you can't do paypal at all? :/

I've had some problems with Paypal in the past so unfortunately no, i cannot.

edit: also i am aware of the timer, but i usually do not take any notice of it since i am asleep by the time it changes, just today i was awake and i seemed to remember it changing at 1am the last time i was awake for the change.

Can someone help me get Sonic, I don't have enough credit, it is night and i can't recharge until tomorrow :[ I want two copies of it.

I will paypal (or gift you a game of your choice within the same amount) tomorrow. I know this sounds scam-ish but this is the only way for me to not miss the Sonic deal.

well, unless it will go into a daily deal again in the next days :X

Do you still need help getting Sonic?

Thanks a lot good sir! i appreciate it! :'D

Thanks for the offer too wilflare! You are doing alot of pleasures to other members already :)

krpiper

I have a couple DOTA 2 passes (2) and a couple of passes for "The Ship" (2) that I am willing to trade I dont know what I want for it so..shoot me an offer?

Steam name is krpiper (I changed it to be my GAF name)

DOTA is GONE

I still have The Ship left however

Askani

Ok...it's 11:39. Kids are gone to their mother's. My parents who were staying with me for X-mas just left to go back home. I have a large Pepsi, a Chili Cheese Burrito and a Triple Steak Stack from Taco Bell. There's beer in the fridge and a new sale in 20 minutes. Come on backlog and achievements, let's do this!

Artofwar420

Ok...it's 11:39. Kids are gone to their mother's. My parents who were staying with me for X-mas just left to go back home. I have a large Pepsi, a Chili Cheese Burrito and a Triple Steak Stack from Taco Bell. There's beer in the fridge and a new sale in 20 minutes. Come on backlog and achievements, let's do this!

Don't forget heartburn.

Does anybody have an extra code for Portal 2? I missed out on the $7.49 sale the other day due to a region-locked billing snafu. In exchange, I can assist with a purchase from Japan w/o some horrific markup.

Cfuentes

Neo Member

zsy8T.jpg

ShinNL

I think €10 is a bit much for Sonic, how much is it in the US store? If it's $10, anyone willing to help me out :p? (Sales almost over :O)

jokkir

How's the co-op in Bulletstorm? I've played Single Player and completed it but had to give back the game before playing co-op

Wolfie5

Star wars The Force unleashed 2 75% off. Is it any good?

I kinda liked the first one. Does this one get better, worse or the same?

Ifrit

Bought Sonic Generations from Amazon since I think it's a better deal because of the $5 January credit, and Rock of Ages

PaulLFC

Bought Retribution last sale when it was accidentally 75% off for the first hour or so instead of 50%. Still baffles me how THQ can justify charging the same in GBP vs the dollar price ($15/£15 on this sale, I'm assuming).

Asked them ages ago why they insist on doing that with Dawn of War while all of their other games are more accommodating of currency differences. Their response was some crap about evaluating each franchise's price differently or something.

ShinNL

Mmmm... I'm gonna miss Sonic at this rate. Not sure how I feel about it... seems nice to have, though it also seems like a game I would never play (like the other 95% of my Steam library).... :|

Artofwar420

Mmmm... I'm gonna miss Sonic at this rate. Not sure how I feel about it... seems nice to have, though it also seems like a game I would never play (like the other 95% of my Steam library).... :|

I think it boils down to whether or not you like Sonic games because this one seems like a good sonic game. On that logic I passed on the deal.

Yes, I got the Dawn of War 2: Retribution achievement by actually trying to play a real game, giving it my best. I ended after 27 minutes, but then I stayed in the chat room talking to the guy who defeated me, and got the achievement there.

It´s a fantastic game.

jokkir

You can try playing your other games first. Sonic is bound to go on sale sometime in the near future and you can probably beat your other games first

ShinNL

I think it boils down to whether or not you like Sonic games because this one seems like a good sonic game.
Yeah, I've read that it was, that's why I kinda wanted it in my collection. But most games that are mainly controller-based I hardly play, somehow I can't bother standing up and plugging in the 360 controller. Since there's like only 1 minute left, I'm gonna assume I'll just miss this one out (till the next Steam sales).

You can try playing your other games first. Sonic is bound to go on sale sometime in the near future and you can probably beat your other games first
Yeah, that's what I figured. Still haven't finished the one I've gotten for my Wii and I probably wouldn't have started Generations before the next Steam sales. I knew about this deal yesterday but it crossed my mind too late that US prices will probably make me buy it. The EU price was just on the edge of not minding missing out. Silly me :D

Yeah, I've read that it was, that's why I kinda wanted it in my collection. But most games that are mainly controller-based I hardly play, somehow I can't bother standing up and plugging in the 360 controller. Since there's like only 1 minute left, I'm gonna assume I'll just miss this one out (till the next Steam sales).

The sales stay for 4 more hours, you still got time.

Artofwar420

Well, really there's like 4 more hours left since after the new dailies show up they're extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom