• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been covered but i'm not sure how I feel about Valve running out of every third party item for the last day of the sale, when i'm sure plenty of people were waiting until then to decide what to do with their coal.
I don't find it completely preposterous with the reports of account farming and Humble Bundle abuse, I'd totally believe they'd run out of loot before they expected it. But it is awfully coincidental.

Digishine

Banned
store.png

1-D_FTW

Crap.

Hard Reset
Bulletstorm
Lost Planet 2

ALL COME DOWN TO 7,72 through steamprices. Which one do I take!?

Lost Planet 2 or Bulletstorm.

Hard Reset will be on sale often for 5 dollars.

LP 2 is the likely choice since it's 66 percent off and Capcom, is well Capcom.

But EA is quickly becoming Capcom. So who knows when/if Bulletstorm will ever hit 4.99 again.

So my vote is which ever of the two you'll think you'll play first.

Is there already/going to be an "overlooked sales" thread? I have $4.97 left in my wallet for the sale and I'd love to grab a few more indie games

Sanic

I don't find it completely preposterous with the reports of account farming and Humble Bundle abuse, I'd totally believe they'd run out of loot before they expected it. But it is awfully coincidental.

Yeah, the timing just feels funny to me, and that fact that they reported it as running out of all 3rd party items at roughly the same time.

But hey, they've given away tons of free stuff, so even if there's something odd going on, I can't complain.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
no new artwork for today

embarrassing, valve.

you expect me to believe cyl and the gang aren't out having a good time? YA RIGHT

Javaman

What would they have done with the stuff if they had "leftovers"? I agree, the timing is messed up. They should have paced the stuff out randomly and gave the gifts out based on who crafted closest to the set times (like they did with the golden wrench)

plc268

They did a good job picking the encores. Some of them I passed up the first time, not sure if I have the willpower to do it again. Heh.

PaulLFC

Crap.

Hard Reset
Bulletstorm
Lost Planet 2

ALL COME DOWN TO 7,72 through steamprices. Which one do I take!?
Bulletstorm or Hard Reset, both are great. But Bulletstorm is probably less likely to go on sale again first out of those two, so I'd say go with that.

ElRenoRaven

wow. No new achievements today. Color me sad. Well guess I have 1 coal left. Guess that's 1 entry in the contest cause I doubt anyone wants to trade anything for a coal but coupons and I don't want any of those. lol

krzy123

So Portal 2 is on sale and should be on sale until 1pm tomorrow, I wonder if i'll be able to use my coupons on it tomorrow.

I wonder if a time is associated with them.

Sanic

Does anyone else have SR3 cheaper at the moment? I know I missed up on some better deals earlier, so I don't think I could pay the ~$33 that it is on Steam.

Derrick01

Banned
Someone stop me from being a moron and spending nearly 40 for assassin's creed. I wanted to trade the BMOC hat for it but couldn't get anyone to jump.

Sober

If I was to get 1 Total War game what you reckon is the best one?
I haven't played Shogun 2 but most people will say it's the most refined in terms of game mechanics yet. Otherwise get the one which has the time period you're most interested in.

Also, Medieval 2 has a gold edition not listed on the Total War list, browse to the store page for M2 or search it. It's the same price too.

I think I am going to jump on Saints Row 3 after hearing all the praise it gets. The only console I own is a Playstation 3, how difficult is it to get a PS3 controller running on a PC?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Most likely the cheapest Steam-sale so far only a dozen games or so. On the other hand I don't think there's anything left that I really want. Just crossed the 350-games (according to the Community-page statistic) and I'm pretty much covered in every genre.

Thinking of Skyrim and Batman but I'm not sure...I got the first Batman in this sale and haven't played yet and I've only put a few hours into Oblivion

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So Portal 2 is on sale and should be on sale until 1pm tomorrow, I wonder if i'll be able to use my coupons on it tomorrow.

I wonder if a time is associated with them.

I was wondering that when this started. I will definitely wait and at least try to. I have 50% off L.A. Noire as well.

dani_dc

For Portal 2, assuming that the sale carries over to tomorrow could I "stack" my sale coupon with the sale price?

If it's not a gold coupon then you supposedly can't do that. With that said it's possible that would work depending of the hours that the coupons activate. Long shot but it's not like you lose anything by waiting to try it out.

HTuran

"Coupons are valid on discounted items unless specified otherwise."

"(Valid January 2nd, 2012 through March 1st, 2012)"

That's fairly explicit. I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

RedSwirl

Okay, so now that I know there's going to be no daily deal, I am interested in DOOM and DOOM II, but here there's Final DOOM, The Ultimate DOOM, and DOOM II. Which is which and which ones should I get? Also, what mods should I use to update the games?

Post your total damage:

Bioshock
Hitman Collection
Super Meat Boy
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition
Mafia II
Mafia
Quake 2
Quake
Assassin's Creed
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Star Wars: KOTOR
Terraria
Borderlands
Splintercell: Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell
Torchlight
Fable The Lost Chapters
Max Payne Bundle
longest journey bundle
Trine
Team fortress

25 games

GAF, Serious Sam HD: Gold Collection is $4, and I've heard good things, but I'm not a big FPS fan. Is the game silly/have some sense of humor? I think I saw it compared to Bulletstorm (which I loved), so I'm wondering if it would be a good buy (not really interested in MP, but like co-op; prefer SP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom