• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Oblivion never went down below $10, with Skyrim being the big thing. I was planning to get it, but now I think I'll hold off.

I shouldn't have fashioned my coal. I got a 50% off Valve coupon last night, which is essentially worthless unless Episode 3 comes out in that timeframe (I'm aware that it won't). I know the chances of winning the contest are low, but I'd rather have that chance than a worthless coupon.

Still, can't complain. I got some decent deals.

Pachinko

bastion
arkham city
red alert 3
costume quest
deus ex human revolution
metro 2033
psychonauts
supcom
supcom forged alliance
terraria
witcher 2

Not too bad this year. But considering I've barely made a dent in the stuff I've bought on steam this year , this is probably a bad thing. Many of these were at maximum discount (around 5$) , though arkham city was 25,deus ex was 17 and witcher 2 was 23 or whatever. I've got more than enough games now :D

GAF, Serious Sam HD: Gold Collection is $4, and I've heard good things, but I'm not a big FPS fan. Is the game silly/have some sense of humor? I think I saw it compared to Bulletstorm (which I loved), so I'm wondering if it would be a good buy (not really interested in MP, but like co-op; prefer SP).
It is quite silly. Especially the Second Encounter but if story is important to you then you might not like them since there's very little story in them.
For that price you might as well try them since there's no other fps that plays like Serious Sam. They're pretty much the antithesis to the cinematic Call of Duty-clone borefests that are currently popular.
Serious Sam 3 seriously worth it at this price if I have a huge backlog and Hard Reset left to play?
Seriously worth it. It's fps GOTY for sure. Only problem is that versus multiplayer is dead but you can still get co-op games going.

7nDcb.png

Feelsgoodman.jpg

So I have roughly 5 euro left in my wallet (gonna get Skyrim outside of that)

So of the following what would people recommend

Bioshock 2 (Loved the first 3/4s of Bioshock but it kind of bored me after that a bit)
Hitman Collection (Have fond memories of playing Hitman 2 but can't remember how good they actually were)

Or any other game/games people would recommend that would be a better use of 5 euro?

I know Skyrim is going to be $29.99 sometime in the next month, or so. No deal, Valve.

Do you know that for sure ?

I was basically gonna ask if $40 was the lowest we were gonna see Skyrim at for a couple of months (on downloadable platforms) since I don't plan on playing it now I can wait for a while (especially until I upgrade my CPU/GPU)

Blizzard

Banned
Dragon Age is an EA game, right? Wouldn't they want to encourage Origin use?

Also, if anyone was curious, I put my computer clock back to December and the Flight Control HD graphics did change to Christmas ones, and I got the snowball achievement. Hopefully Valve doesn't disable my account for exploits related to Christmas achievements or whatever they did to some people. o_O Or were those people trading or something?

Also no matter what, I never got Flight Control HD to stop installing the VC redist every single time, or at least trying to.

neoism

will I guess this is the best deal for ACity.... I tried with greengaming but it didn't work..... does it work better on steam?

LQX

Will we be able to craft coal after today? The drawing for some contest is tomorrow so I wonder if it disappears after that.

Dragon Age is an EA game, right? Wouldn't they want to encourage Origin use?

Also, if anyone was curious, I put my computer clock back to December and the Flight Control HD graphics did change to Christmas ones, and I got the snowball achievement. Hopefully Valve doesn't disable my account for exploits related to Christmas achievements or whatever they did to some people. o_O Or were those people trading or something?

Also no matter what, I never got Flight Control HD to stop installing the VC redist every single time, or at least trying to.
YouAreAlreadyDead.png

(You're fine)

spicy cho

This sale really sucked for me, mainly because most of the games that were on the dailies I own already or have no interest in. I really wanted anno 2070 and would have bought it even at a slight discount, but nooo.

Saty

We still didn't get the yearly Valve summary of Steam's performance, did we? I wonder if 2011 was another consecutive year where Steam had more than 100% growth.

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm half sold, but I need more than that!

Let's compare RAGE vs Serious Sam 3 graphic options:

RAGEoptions.jpg

RAGE

SS3options.jpg

Serious Sam 3

This is not a max setup for SS3, stuff like resampling can be set to lanczos instead of bilinear, lots of Highs can bump up to ultra, etc

Sober

Any of the Arkham City DLC worth the money?
Nightwing and Robin only playable in challenge maps but they both add their own challenge maps and campaigns.

The costume pack you can skip if you aren't a super batman fan or anything.

The challenge map pack comes with a new predator map (Rocksteady's interpretation of the Batcave), an endurance map (endless thugs) and a timed score attack one where the better you do, you face harder enemies (watch a YT video, hard to explain).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Let's compare RAGE vs Serious Sam 3 graphic options:

http://www.31012.com/images/games/12/RAGEoptions.jpg[IMG]
RAGE

[IMG]http://www.31012.com/images/games/12/SS3options.jpg[IMG]
Serious Sam 3

This is not a max setup for SS3, stuff like resampling can be set to lanczos instead of bilinear, lots of Highs can bump up to ultra, etc[/QUOTE]

The HD remakes had the same settings suite. Doesn't change that the whole series looks like artistic vomit.

Chesskid1

Banned
if you bought anything on amazon and got the $5 promotion for any bestselling 2012 title it's now live.

best deal is shogun 2 steamworks for $2.50

oh, and AC1 is free /w the $5 credit, so hurry if you want it. total war rome was free but they changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom