• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyO

Neo Member
I still have crap gifts I need to get rid of. I guess this is a good time to do it.

Giving away:

Day of Defeat
Deathmatch Classic
Opposing Force
Ricochet
Half-Life Blue Shift
Half-Life 2 + Lost Coast
Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
Half-Life 2 Episode One
Portal
Counter-Strike

On this list, I only have Portal, so I will take anything left over.

Thanks

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I might be crazy but I actually think I prefer the 360 controller to mouse/keyboard for Metro 2033. The FOV in that game is stupid narrow (and there's no way to change it apparently when you don't have weapons equipped) and the framerate is unstable at times (albeit on the highest settings). All in all, the controller makes the framerate more bearable and the FOV isn't as limiting since I'm sitting further away from my screen.

Beautiful game, by the way.

mrgone

Kind of got lost in the previous page, but are the achievements that you folks aren't getting gifts for, were they the ones that you'd earned before the sale started?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
only 7 hours in and it's 40+ pages :s

Because the Steam thread will be abused and tormented by the loving act of sharing and giving. I might sound grumpy, but actually I am not. Its great to see you all sharing gifts and whatnot, but EVERY day will now give everyone up to 6 new coupons that everyone will want to trade.

So listen to the guy I quoted above in Post #2057. Thread in community for this please.

Speevy

Banned
Kind of got lost in the previous page, but are the achievements that you folks aren't getting gifts for, were they the ones that you'd earned before the sale started?

I just now earned the Orcs achievement, and it says I earned it, but there's no additional gift.

Turfster

No. I know someone that did the orcs must die one during the weekend and he got 3 gifts.

LogicStep

I asked in the last page but it got lost in all of the gifting. Guys should go to the gifting thread for that.

I got the Orcs must die achievement but my inventory didn't change.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I fell horrible. All I've gotten so far is Fable. I want gifts, but I can't force myself to buy Orcs Must Die.

If I had the time and the muse I'd write a report on it why it deserves to be bought.

So short version: It is Tower defence and I thought I was sorta burned out on it as well, but its rather satisfying to see Orcs dying from your pits. A rather sadistic pleasure. It runs well, has lots of upgrades ingame and the gameplay works. I'd say give it a shot.

I got the Orcs Must Die (which is awesome) achievement and I didn't unlock anything after I opened my inventory. Anyway, I have a Half Life 2 gift, 50% off Valve coupon, and 50% off Hacker Evolution if anyone's interested.

I fell horrible. All I've gotten so far is Fable. I want gifts, but I can't force myself to buy Orcs Must Die.

Orcs must die is great. It's an action tower defense game. You're constantly running around, shooting dudes and setting traps. One of the best parts about it is that for the most part, they go with quantity over strength when it comes to enemies. This means that as the waves ramp up, you're just laying waste to tonne of baddies. It's so satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom