• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale has begun! Update: OVAH.

epmode

That official post includes many items that have been reduced for the last few days at least. Crysis, for instance. The sale hasn't started yet.

senahorse

Blizzard said:
Boo, don't really see good deals now that the official post is up. :(

What is this official post? The 'deals' aren't anywhere to be seen, rather a placeholder for when they are known.

Mrbob

Haha wtf all the prices on steampowered right now are showing up in Euros.

Yeah that link is for price reductions. Haven't seen all the sale items yet.

benjipwns

Banned
Yeah that link is for price reductions. Haven't seen all the sale items yet.
Ja, but he will be adding a whole list of all the sale items when they are available:
Complete listing in USD, GBP, and EUR (Coming soon?)
It has the rest of the current offers, packs, and reductions though as well, so it's a good catch-all thread.

dani_dc

I said I wasn't going to buy more games until Valve fixed the $1=€1, but for €5 euros I might just pretend that Valve is doing a $4=1 euro convertion on Bioshock :D

Mrbob said:
Haha wtf all the prices on steampowered right now are showing up in Euros..

Yeah, they did a $1=€1 conversion on all products for those that live in Europe (with the exception of the UK).
Though there's already another thread to discuss that particular subject.

dork

Banned
CTLance said:
Be patient, young grasshopper. Steam has been quite wonky lately, and they did a server rollback to before the Christmas dealio.

excellent news

also i read it as bejeweled 2 :( i think its only the first one though, damn

and according to that link the 2nd one is 9.99
damn i wanted .99cents

Blizzard

Banned
Argh, I hope Valve fixes this really soon. :( I wanted to buy one of the Meridian4 games (perhaps the package) for half-price, but it's still listing full price...

Tideas

Banned
considering how the box version have been this price or even cheaper (amazon had Warhammer online for $10 on BF)...

I wouldnt' really call this a sale

FatalT

Banned
Tideas said:
considering how the box version have been this price or even cheaper (amazon had Warhammer online for $10 on BF)...

I wouldnt' really call this a sale

So basically you're claiming that since Amazon had Warhammer Online cheaper than the suspected price it will be for Steam's Holiday Sale during Amazon's Black Friday sale, Steam's Holiday Sale isn't a true sale.

Okay.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
FatalT said:
So basically you're claiming that since Amazon had Warhammer Online cheaper than the suspected price it will be for Steam's Holiday Sale during Amazon's Black Friday sale, Steam's Holiday Sale isn't a true sale.

Okay.

Well think about it, it isn't much of a sale when the game was available a few weeks ago on Amazon for 10 bucks... and it wasn't like a one day door buster, Amazon had Warhammer for 10 bucks for about a week.

Tideas

Banned
FatalT said:

Okay.

I'm claiming you can get all of these games for their box copies for these price or even cheaper for the past couple of weeks now.

So it's not a sale. Unless you count lowering price from an exuberant price a sale.

Tideas said:
I'm claiming you can get all of these games for their box copies for these price or even cheaper for the past couple of weeks now.

So it's not a sale. Unless you count lowering price from an exuberant price a sale.
Yes, that's a sale. "Sale" doesn't mean "The lowest price found anywhere."

dLMN8R

Last year's holiday sale didn't start until the day after Christmas....so it was probably just a glitch if prices were posted earlier...

dLMN8R said:
Last year's holiday sale didn't start until the day after Christmas....so it was probably just a glitch if prices were posted earlier...
by Ross Miller Dec 24th 2007 8:30PM
Filed under: PC, Online
Valve's Steam service is having a last-minute holiday sale from today until January 1, with everything on the online store reportedly 10% to 50% off.
Joysick

What the hell? If there was a sale yesterday, Steam did not stand up for people to enjoy it. I tried several times.

And now some prices even got higher! I was thinking of getting Flatout Ultimate Carnage for US$ 9.99. Now it is US$ 19.99.

dLMN8R

Chiaroscuro said:
What the hell? If there was a sale yesterday, Steam did not stand up for people to enjoy it. I tried several times.

And now some prices even got higher! I was thinking of getting Flatout Ultimate Carnage for US$ 9.99. Now it is US$ 19.99.
Copying and pasting your same whiny entitlement bullshit in two different threads doesn't bring it validity. Get it through your head - there has not been a sale yet.

Valve is not trying to fuck you over. There was simply a glitch that posted the deals too early and were taken down less than an hour later.

Twig

Banned
dLMN8R said:
Copying and pasting your same whiny entitlement bullshit in two different threads doesn't bring it validity. Get it through your head - there has not been a sale yet.

Valve is not trying to fuck you over. There was simply a glitch that posted the deals too early and were taken down less than an hour later.
Yes. <3

Well I dunno if it was a glitch that it was posted early or if it was a glitch that the servers got all fucked. Either way there was a glitch, and it'll be back! Eventually. In like March or something. (valvetimeomglolol!!! (I'm so sorry.))

Tideas said:

I think you mean exorbitant.

Akia

CoH Gold and the Civ IV Complete Pack are really, really tempting me. The problem is that I know I won't play either of them until I build a new PC late this year (aka: when StarCraft II comes out). By that time the next Holiday Sale might be among us.

Mrbob

ID Pack $69.99 --> $34.99
Civ 4 complete package $49.99 --> $24.99
World of Goo $19.99 --> $14.99
Roller Coaster Tycoon Platinum Edition $29.99 --> $22.49

GHG

Gold Member
Prince of persia is 25% off, now only £18. Now we're talking.

STALKER: clear sky is also 50% off.

Volcynika

If my brother bought Fallout 3 for me yesterday, would it be possible for him to get ten dollars back?

Also, I'll try to stay on top of updating the OP most of the day.

Twig

Banned
Guys!

I have reached an impasse!

What do I do?

$29.99 -> $22.49
Company of Heroes: Gold

$59.98 -> $29.99
Dawn of War Everything Pack

$49.99 -> $37.49
Relic Super Pack

$29.99 -> $26.99
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm

Okay, so, the Super Pack doesn't come with Soulstorm. The DoW Everything Pack does. So obviously buying CoH: Gold and DoW EP is cheaper than Relic SP and Soulstorm.

Should I buy the super pack and wait and hope a better deal comes along for Soulstorm, or should I just buy CoH: Gold and DoW EP now?

Volcynika said:
If my brother bought Fallout 3 for me yesterday, would it be possible for him to get ten dollars back?

Also, I'll try to stay on top of updating the OP most of the day.

It might be possible for your brother to get the $10.00 credit back to him. I know that Valve has done this before, but the sale had to happen closely after the item was bought. Just tell him to write a ticket to Support asap.

Volcynika

I have sectioned off (I did this earlier) of sales not seen in the US (because I can't see them), so non-US GAF just post em here, and I'll add them to that list.

Mrbob

Stalker Clear Sky $34.99 --> $17.49
Dawn of War Platinum (Includeds DoW GOLD & Dark Crusade) $29.99 --> $14.99
Dawn of War complete pack (Above + Soulstorm expansion) $59.99 --> $29.99
Relic Super Pack (COH Gold + DoW Gold + Dow Dark Crusade ) $49.99 --> $37.49
THQ Collection $99.99 --> $74.99

Mrbob

The one guy I would get the Dawn of War superpack with CoH Gold. Would be the safest bet. Since Soulstorm is $29.99 you would most likely see it 50 percent off at best in a weekend sale, or you can get it for 15 now if you buy the complete dawn of war pack. I guess there is a small chance it could go to 10 dollars in a weekend sale but I wouldn't risk it. Plus you are only talking about a 5 dollar difference then.

Of course I'm not sure if Soulstorm is any good. It seems to be the fogotten expansion for dawn of war.

Top Bottom