• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale has begun! Update: OVAH.

Asparagus

Most games don't have an activation limit/installation limit, all you need to do is login and download them again which you can do as much as you want.

ithorien said:
Figured I'd ask here, couldn't find an answer in search-

What happens when you go through various iterations on your computer?

I bought some stuff off Steam a while back, probably 2 computers ago. I haven't tried to reinstall any of it, but what's the deal with that?

Can you re-download/install your purchases? If so how many times?

As long as you are logged in with your account, it does not matter in how many computers you have installed the game, it is still tied to your account and can be re-installed.

Volcynika

ithorien said:

I bought some stuff off Steam a while back, probably 2 computers ago. I haven't tried to reinstall any of it, but what's the deal with that?

As long as you have your Steam account info, you can get your stuff no matter what. Just don't sign onto the same account on two different machines at the same time and you'll be fine.

Man I buy so much stuff on Steam already that I pretty much already have everything I want. :(

Picking up the X-Com pack and Heavy Weapon for $0.99 because why not.

Anyone played Assassin's Creed on PC? How's the port?

ithorien said:

You can always redownload Steam games as many times as you want on as many computers as you want, ever.

Javaman

What's the difference between the 2 older Brothers in Arms games? Is Earned in Blood a remake of the Road to Hill 30 with additional stuff or is it a completely different game? Thanks!

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Javaman said:
What's the difference between the 2 older Brothers in Arms games? Is Earned in Blood a remake of the Road to Hill 30 with additional stuff or is it a completely different game? Thanks!

on that note, where did hell's highway go wrong? i haven't played it, only heard talk.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Looks like I'm going to be buying Bioshock for the PC (have the 360 version), same with Portal.

I wish they would put the Orange Box down to 15 bucks :(

Erudite

Dammit... I said I wouldn't be buying anymore games after purchasing Persona 4, but this'll be my 4th game after saying that...

I'm having a hard time deciding between STALKER: Clear Sky, and Company of Heroes: Gold...

Volcynika

Sciz is hitting those deals :lol (from my Steam Blotter thing)

[GAF]Sciz now owns Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.
[GAF]Sciz now owns Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition.
[GAF]Sciz now owns Psychonauts.
[GAF]Sciz now owns World of Goo.
[GAF]Sciz now owns Strong Bad Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner, Strong Bad Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free, Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands, Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Ep 5 - 8-bit is Enough.
[GAF]Sciz now owns TrackMania United.
[GAF]Sciz now owns Beyond Good and Evil.
[GAF]Sciz now owns Opposing Force.
[GAF]Sciz now owns Half-Life: Blue Shift.
[GAF]Sciz now owns Bioshock.

Stitch

Gold Member
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Gold
3,74€

Mhhh does Gold mean that it contains both Addons? That would be awesome.

Edit: oh, there was only 1 addon, the second one was a free download.

Mrbob

Chris Remo said:
Weird, it says my card company declined my card, but I just bought something over Steam a few days ago. Anyone ever get this?

Is it a bank issued mastercard/visa? I had an issue with mine. Switched out to a regular credit card and have had no issues.

Daigoro

anyone ever played that Chessmaster: Grandmaster game? looks tempting.

Volcynika said:
If my brother bought Fallout 3 for me yesterday, would it be possible for him to get ten dollars back?

Also, I'll try to stay on top of updating the OP most of the day.

doubtfull. they denied me when i bought Titans Quest earlier this year mere hourse before it went on sale. i was told i bought it for that price so i couldnt be refunded the difference.

Gremmie4

I'm picking up Fallout 3 and I'm also thinking about getting the Prince of Persia pack. For Prince of Persia, I'm thinking it is probably easier to play that game with a controller, so I was going to pick up a 360 controller. However, I searched amazon for 360 wired controller, and the standard 360 controller came up for $30, and a 360 controller for windows came up about $7 more. What is the difference in those controllers? Can I buy the $30 one and use it on the PC?

Sciz

Volcynika said:
Sciz is hitting those deals :lol (from my Steam Blotter thing)
:lol

I bought some games I'd played but never actually owned (HL1 expansions and Bioshock), finally got around to SBCG4AP (a mandatory purchase I've been putting off), I'd been waiting for another TUF sale (missed the first one) and for World of Goo to go down a bit, and then decided I might as well catch up on last gen while I was at it since it wasn't going to get any cheaper and I finally have the hardware for it.

The way I see it, for $106 I've got enough that I won't need to buy anything else for months, and by then some of the more recent stuff that's still $30-50 will have gone down a bit. Steam can take my money, but only when the prices are good enough. :D

I may go grab Fallout 1 and 2 off of GOG for another $10 while I'm at it.

No difference at all, except the Windows version comes with the driver disc, which you can download for free from Microsoft.com anyway.

A wired controller for the PC was cheaper for me when I bought it and I switch using both between PC and 360.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Goddamn it. I want to pick up Bioshock for a few of my friends, but I absent-mindedly tried to click past the age gate and ended up being told I was too young to view the content. Is there any way to easily clear the cache for this so I can re-enter my age?

Volcynika

Daigoro said:
doubtfull. they denied me when i bought Titans Quest earlier this year mere hourse before it went on sale. i was told i bought it for that price so i couldnt be refunded the difference.

Lame.

Anyways, editing the OP a bit to put deals into sections like 50% off, 25% off, etc. Close to done.

Tendo

Flunkie said:
How's Defense Grid: The Awakening?
I'm a newbie to the tower defense genre but I am really enjoying it. I'm only about six or seven missions in though. It's a neat "futuristic" take on TD games.

I went for Deus Ex, Clear Sky, and Medieval II: Total War. I wish I hadn't bought certain games when I did, since I've barely played them and now they're marked down massively.

Campster said:
Goddamn it. I want to pick up Bioshock for a few of my friends, but I absent-mindedly tried to click past the age gate and ended up being told I was too young to view the content. Is there any way to easily clear the cache for this so I can re-enter my age?

Ya, exit steam and then restart it up.

Gremmie4

giant_frying_pan said:
No difference at all, except the Windows version comes with the driver disc, which you can download for free from Microsoft.com anyway.

A wired controller for the PC was cheaper for me when I bought it and I switch using both between PC and 360.

Good to hear! I figured that would be the case just had to make sure. Thanks!

Saerk said:
Can't you gift games?

Only at time of purchase or some hl2 if you get orange box. That's it. Just like since I bought stalker and then I buy the thq pack I can't gift my "second" stalker it's just there so to speak.

Volcynika

Ok, OP edited by what I said earlier and in alphabetical order (at least for US sale prices). Just post if you see any more errors/see any other games to add.

Twig

Banned
I went a tad insane guys.

Halp.

Recent Steam Store Transactions

Total $170.74
Bejeweled Deluxe, Bullet Candy, Heavy Weapon Deluxe, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW), The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (NA), Prince of Persia Pack, Company of Heroes Gold, Dawn of War Platinum + Soulstorm, Trials 2: Second Edition, Peggle Nights, Bioshock (NA)

I blame Capndrake's peer pressure.

"DO IT DO IT DO IT"

Die Capndrake. Die.

Stitch

Gold Member
Your order

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® 3 Gold - 3,74€

Cold Fear™ - 3,74€

Reaxxion - 0,99€

Luxor 2 - 0,99€

Bejeweled Deluxe - 0,99€

Heavy Weapon Deluxe - 0,99€

Summary of charges - 11,44€

niiiceee

Thomper

TheOneGuy said:
I went a tad insane guys.

Halp.

Recent Steam Store Transactions

Total $170.74
Bejeweled Deluxe, Bullet Candy, Heavy Weapon Deluxe, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW), The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (NA), Prince of Persia Pack, Company of Heroes Gold, Dawn of War Platinum + Soulstorm, Trials 2: Second Edition, Peggle Nights, Bioshock (NA)

I blame Capndrake's peer pressure.

"DO IT DO IT DO IT"

Die Capndrake. Die.
Well... those are all really incredibly good cames. Maybe not Bullet Candy or Bejeweled, but that's $0,99. Would be almost stupid not buying it. It's a lot of money, true. But there's no faulting you for buying any single one of those games. :D

daslkfjhsdlkfjweaoijflsd

FUCK

I'm so tempted to get the thq and eidos packs as well as getting bioshock. DAMN DAMN DAMN! I shouldn't spend that much. :(

fallout

I managed to restrain myself for the most part. There's a lot more that I still want, but I tried to take advantage of the better deals first.

STALKER: Clear Sky -- I've really been enjoying STALKER. I hear it's not as good as the first, but even if it's half as good, I'll be satisfied.
DoW: Everything Pack -- I've always wanted to try DoW, having played CoH and the Homeworld games.
Trials 2: Second Edition -- I enjoyed the demo, despite it being so insanely hard. For 2.50, I didn't really think I could turn it down!

I came close to picking up The Witcher, but I really have no bloody clue as to when I'd ever get around to play it. Figured I'd wait.

Volcynika

fallout said:
I managed to restrain myself for the most part. There's a lot more that I still want, but I tried to take advantage of the better deals first.

STALKER: Clear Sky -- I've really been enjoying STALKER. I hear it's not as good as the first, but even if it's half as good, I'll be satisfied.
DoW: Everything Pack -- I've always wanted to try DoW, having played CoH and the Homeworld games.
Trials 2: Second Edition -- I enjoyed the demo, despite it being so insanely hard. For 2.50, I didn't really think I could turn it down!

I came close to picking up The Witcher, but I really have no bloody clue as to when I'd ever get around to play it. Figured I'd wait.

If you can find the original Witcher (new) for cheap, and register it, you'd get all the stuff from the Enhanced Edition for free. Unless you want all that stuff that comes in the retail box.

Thomper

fallout said:
Great move! I've played way too much Trials. Sure, it's insanely hard, but that's part of the reason I played it so much. You constantly have the feeling you can finish a track, if you just... keep... playing... a bit... longer. Great game, especially for that price.

larvi

I'm eyeing up the Strategy First complete pack. Anyone want to talk me out of it before I buy another bunch of games I probably won't play for a while? I'm sure I will play the Disciples, Space Empires, Baseball Mogul, JA2 and Birth of America games in the pack not sure how much the others though.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I was so close to buying Peggle the other day, but I didn't cause I thought that 10 euros is twice the amount I'm willing to pay for it. But now I guess I can pick it up for five, yeah? :O

Hesemonni

Banned
ITT we pay for something we could get for free elsewhere and wouldn't even notice any difference in the product.

Digital Distribution sux donkey b4llz

Thomper

larvi said:
I'm eyeing up the Strategy First complete pack. Anyone want to talk me out of it before I buy another bunch of games I probably won't play for a while? I'm sure I will play the Disciples, Space Empires, Baseball Mogul, JA2 and Birth of America games in the pack not sure how much the others though.
Well... if you're sure you're gonna play the games you listed anyway, I'd buy it. The price of those alone add up to a higher price than the total pack, and that's during the Holiday sale. If you wanted to buy these games, now's the time to do it. :p

Top Bottom