• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale has begun! Update: OVAH.

Sciz

Volcynika said:
Non-US
Bioshock -- €19,99 -> €4,99
j7djy8.png

As seen from Tennessee.

I'm guessing that the original sale was suppose to end on the 31st, but, after the problems that they had over the last two days, they decided to extend it to January 2nd.

Mrbob said:
Of course I'm not sure if Soulstorm is any good. It seems to be the fogotten expansion for dawn of war.

Unless you are playing online, then it's pretty much required. The DoW games don't work like the COH games where there is one base version of the game kept current for all players regardless of expansions. If you just buy the Soulstorm-less pack, you'll get a ton of awesome content but the online community for Dark Crusade isn't there anymore-we're all playing Soulstorm.

This may or may not be a big deal for you.

Mrbob

CoD4 $19.99 or bust for me. :lol

Fragamemnon said:
Unless you are playing online, then it's pretty much required. The DoW games don't work like the COH games where there is one base version of the game kept current for all players regardless of expansions. If you just buy the Soulstorm-less pack, you'll get a ton of awesome content but the online community for Dark Crusade isn't there anymore-we're all playing Soulstorm.

This may or may not be a big deal for you.

How is the soulstorm single player? I'm mainly picking this up to run through the campaign one more time.

I don't think I'll play DoW online once DoW2 is out.

Let me throw a swerve. For 15 extra bucks, whats a better buy Soulstorm or Clear Sky?

MNC

Waku said:
For all Euro Guys.

UBISOFT IS NOW ON STEAM IN EUROLAND

GO BUY BEYOND GOOD & EVIL FOR 3€ NOW!
Not seeing it :(

Edit: Oh nevermind somehow typing in beyond good & evil only got me the trailer :(

Arg. This makes it tougher. I was trying to determine if I should get Farcry 2. This makes it cheaper. Now I need to determine if I want the ps3 version or not.

Acidote

Portal is the same price in the US and EU store (5$ - 3,74€) and BG&E is cheaper in EU ($7.49 - 3,74€).

Interesting.

Mrbob said:
CoD4 $19.99 or bust for me. :lol

How is the soulstorm single player? I'm mainly picking this up to run through the campaign one more time.

I don't think I'll play DoW online once DoW2 is out.

Let me throw a swerve. For 15 extra bucks, whats a better buy Soulstorm or Clear Sky?

I'd probably score Clear Sky, Soulstorm single player is really Dark Crusade all over again and I didn't enjoy the singleplayer that much. Though the multiplayer was my RTS of choice most of last year, though that's not an issue really with DoW2 coming out so soon.

fresquito

My head is burning. I was close to getting the valve pack, then I thought that I'm only interested in the Orange Box content, plus Left 4 Dead. Then I thouight that right now I have many things to play, and that the Orange box isn't that cheap when compared to the usual price, and Left 4 Dead, while tempting, isn't a priority, since none of my friends plays it.

Then I thought that I would skip these offers altogether. Now I'm downloading the Bioshock demo, and will get it if I like what I play. I'm tempted to buy Beyond Good & Evil, for nostalgia alone but I will do it the moment I want to replay it.

So, finally I may get Bioshock alone. That was tempting.

Hunter D

Does UT3 have a decent community?

If you don't have l4d get it. Its like being in a zombie movie. In a year that has an obscene amount of great games it might be the best.

Tendo

Foster said:
Does beyond good and evil work on vista?

Indeed it does. Works fine on my vista 64bit. If you have a joypad it has no joypad support so i suggest downloading x-padder

And from the other steam thread "My total: 91.41 :(
Final tally: civ iv complete, best of the underground pack, peggle nights, world of goo, insaniquarium, both runaway games, flatout ultimate carnage, heavy weapon. Still tempted to snag jack keane for ten but this is good for now."

Fio

PLEASE, some european Gaffer (or any other whose region the game costs $5), buy and gift me Bioshock and I'll buy Portal or AudioSurf for you (or other game worth $5).
I really want this game and I can't buy it because there's some lame region restriction.

If you are interested, please!!! send me a PM.

Thanks.

bkw

Wow, $5 Bioshock? I'm almost tempted to double-dip. Luckily you can't own two copies of the game on Steam. :D

$1 Opposing Force and Blue Shift are mines though. I was hoping for a deal on them every since that $1 HL1 thing.

Might get Peggle Deluxe for $5 too. Just to see what the fuss is about.

Wallet's hurting...

Menaged

I hate 2K for not offering their games on Steam in Israel.
I really want Bioshock for a fiver. I guess I'll wait for the PS3 version to drop to 20 or 30 bucks :\

Foster

Tendo said:
Indeed it does. Works fine on my vista 64bit. If you have a joypad it has no joypad support so i suggest downloading x-padder

Awesome, thanks :D Been waiting for this to come to euroland for a while

Bioshock, UT3, Beyond good & evil and stalker clear sky all for £23.71 :D

Hunter D said:
Does UT3 have a decent community?
There are many servers, but most are never full. Even so it is not hard finding a populated server with a good game going. It seems like most people do not have the hardware specs to play the game and it is missing the Assault mode, which is a real bummer and why most UT gamers are still playing the original and 2k4. Still worth buying though I say, I got it with the Epic Pack awhile ago.

Tendo

Foster said:
Awesome, thanks :D Been waiting for this to come to euroland for a while

Bioshock, UT3, Beyond good & evil and stalker clear sky all for £23.71 :D

If you do run into any issues with the game running faster than the audio send me a pm, but i believe that only happens in xp. Prepare to enjoy one of the best games of last gen :)

Asparagus

BioShock £3.49
Civilization IV Complete Pack £13.49 (£3.50 cheaper at Play)
Runaway, Dream of the Turtle £4.49
Painkiller Gold Edition £4.49
Stalker: Clear Skies £9.49
Beyond Good and Evil £3.74

Total Cost £39.19

Good times ahead :D

Volcynika

I'll update a little more later, got some things to do.

Like go check how much is in my bank account before buying stuff :lol

Woo, finally I have Blue Shift and Opposing Force again, I gave my disks to a guy at school years ago and forgot to get them back, at 99p how can I say no :lol Beyond Good and Evil finally as well, been looking forward to playing this.

£0.99 - Blue Shift
£0.99 - Opposing Force
£3.74 - Beyond Good and Evil

JavaMava

Bioshock $5
World of Goo $15 (wanted to wait for $10, but it matches the wii price now so why not)
Ultimate Doom $1
Prince of Persia III $7.49

I'm holding back on ET:QW, and a that Dawn of War collection.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Since they could have hardly gotten every publisher on board with this but everything is marked down, I suppose we can now guess the ballpark of steam publishing markup fees.

M3wThr33

Banned
elostyle said:
Since they could have hardly gotten every publisher on board with this but everything is marked down, I suppose we can now guess the ballpark of steam publishing markup fees.
Not necessarily. It could also be part of their annual contract, or just a PORTION of their markup. It could be why EA held off the store for so long.

Keep in mind that these cost roughly the same as retail, but with no physical box or shipping or pressing involved. MUCH less overhead is needed. On the other hand, Valve has to pay to maintain the servers, credit card system, website, software, etc.

ithorien

Figured I'd ask here, couldn't find an answer in search-

What happens when you go through various iterations on your computer?

I bought some stuff off Steam a while back, probably 2 computers ago. I haven't tried to reinstall any of it, but what's the deal with that?

Can you re-download/install your purchases? If so how many times?

Top Bottom