• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Aren't there usually multiple threads for a Steam sale? Must be a testament to how disappointing the sale is this time around.
Its not the sale, its us. We already posted everything last sale that's why this thread seems slow.

The thread is as active as its always been.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lords of the Fallen, 60%

Waited for this :D!!!

KarmaCow

Question: is it weird not to give a shit about badges? I don't really feel I have the time or patience for them, so I put all my trading cards up for sale as soon as I get them.

No you're not alone, though I'll probably craft a level 1 Holiday sale badge just for posterity. Otherwise, I'll take the 40c from selling the cards.

Volcynika

Aren't there usually multiple threads for a Steam sale? Must be a testament to how disappointing the sale is this time around.

Although a couple of game giveaways could easily get this thread to 20,000.

Community thread is also open as well, which is usually locked for a sale.

Although a couple of game giveaways could easily get this thread to 20,000.

no meta game
the other steam thread keeps the stupid off topic shit out of steam discussions

it doesnt mean anything about the sale

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-AB598730139FB9CF - Taken by I_C_U-. 23 entrants total.

t1419446466z1.png

bounchfx

I was hoping for more of a discount for Far Cry, but oh well....

:( same.

20% during these kinds of sales is almost a slap in the face XD.

but I do want to play it, but I'll hold off until its $30 or less.. too many other games I spent cash on recently to justify it... and by the time I actually get around to playing it it'll probably be 20-30 anyway haha

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:( Guess I'm not buying Lords of the Fallen after all.

Sigh...

Anybody in the UK having issues buying Far Cry 4?

In the shopping cart, when I click on "purchase for myself," an error pops up saying "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

autoduelist

Just purchased Endless Legend, I have this issue where 4x games intrigue me so I buy them but I have a hard time getting into them :(

Don't worry, that's true for everyone with roguelikes and 4x games -- taking on a new one is a daunting learning experience. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

[I don't have Endless Legend yet but I am equally as intrigued.]

can anyone give me a quick review of just cause 2? is it fun. thinking about picking this up.

Pure sandbox fun with almost too much to do. Tons of bases to assault, areas to clear, etc. Your guy is powerful and agile and fun... a truly great game.

fzsrf.jpg

Physical add 5 for shipping.

Digital just sold now lol

PM if inretested as I'm at work at the moment.

While there's no scale there, I'm gonna say that's a match for the original Wasteland packaging which came in something more like a record sleeve (like other Interplay games such as Bard's Tale) rather than the 'big box' that games like the Ultima's came in. In other words, perfect packaging.
(I sold off all my childhood 80's games (including Wasteland) last year for a small mint, only keeping one (my avatar). I only wanted to keep one, it was a hard choice between the two.)

Sch1sm

Anybody in the UK having issues buying Far Cry 4?

In the shopping cart, when I click on "purchase for myself," an error pops up saying "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

That may just be Steam being overloaded like every other day when the sales are updated. Give it a little while, or try in your browser.

xezuru

I'm in the mood of playing some RPG, help me choosing one: Divinity Original Sin, Might & Magic X or Wasteland 2?

From what I hear from my RPG insiders in my group, Wasteland 2 is great if you love the oldschool Fallout type games. I also hear Divinity is a pretty decent Diablo type clone with its own unique quirks in and out. I would go with either of those depending on the itch you wanna scratch.

Anustart

Makes me all sad inside that XChainFireX didn't activate Bad Rats he won from me :( The whole spirit of my 4 spelunkys 1 bad rats giveaway has been ruined. How can the Spelunky winner's experience a high if they know that the guy who won the low is still without his suffering :(

jrcbandit

Has Lords of the Fallen technical issues been taken care of with poor performance or not working at all? Many people were pointing to the DRM but Dragon Age with the same DRM didn't have those issues.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I'm in the mood of playing some RPG, help me choosing one: Divinity Original Sin, Might & Magic X or Wasteland 2?

Honestly you aren't going to go wrong with any of them. Personally I would rank them like this:

1. Divinity: Original Sin
2. Wasteland 2
3. Might & Magic X

But it really depends on what you are looking for. Wasteland 2 probably has the best story, Divinity has the most entertaining combat system, and M&M is a really solid dungeon crawler.

From what I hear from my RPG insiders in my group, Wasteland 2 is great if you love the oldschool Fallout type games. I also hear Divinity is a pretty decent Diablo type clone with its own unique quirks in and out. I would go with either of those depending on the itch you wanna scratch.

You didn't get that Divinity comment from Idle Thumbs did you? Because the game doesn't play like Diablo at all. It is a turn based combat system with a heavy emphasis on elemental effects.

Okay so I want XCOM Enemy Unknown. Need to know what the best deal is.

Base Game

vs.

Base Game + The Bureau

vs.

Complete Pack (includes some random DLC + Enemy Within Expansion?)

Is any of that worth it over just the base game? The Bureau is just like a standalone expansion (with mixed reviews?)

Someone ples halp.

Base Game

vs.

Base Game + The Bureau

vs.

Is any of that worth it over just the base game? The Bureau is just like a standalone expansion (with mixed reviews?)

Someone ples halp.

Complete Pack

Merkunt

Base Game

vs.

Base Game + The Bureau

vs.

Someone ples halp.

The Bureau is a different game altogether and it has nothing to do with Enemy Unknown

USF4 is on sale, how's the status of its online play?

Still pathetic, don't waste you money, if you have console buy there, PC online is the worst version of the game and it's dead even on weekends, Crapcom killed the PC community, some of the people on my friends list who own it quit the PC and got the 360 version, PC was once the best version to play SF4, now it's the absolute worst, my recommendation is AVOID..

Vastag

Someone ples halp.

The Bureau is a different game, its a third person shooter with some squad management. Enemy Within is an expansion which adds some nice mechanics (cibernetics and alien grafts) and some cool parallel missions. I would go with Enemy Unknown + Enemy Within.

xezuru

You didn't get that Divinity comment from Idle Thumbs did you? Because the game doesn't play like Diablo at all. It is a turn based combat system with a heavy emphasis on elemental effects.

Nah, they were thinking more about class customization and loot. Though, either way they had a good time with it so it was a recommendation none the less.

Still pathetic, don't waste you money, if you have console buy there, PC online is the worst version of the game and it's dead even on weekends, Crapcom killed the PC community, some of the people on my friends list who own it quit the PC and got the 360 version, PC was once the best version to play SF4, now it's the absolute worst, my recommendation is AVOID..

What if I'm only playing local?

.hacked

Today's hual:

Lego batman 3 $12 GMG
Tales from Borderlands $16.78 GMG

Ultra Street Fighter IV $17.99 steam (don't care about online play, couch coop only)

Only games left on my list are I am Bread and NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution.

I'm sure everyone and their mother owns these games, but just in case you don't, here you go. Hope I didn't screw this up!

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PhoenixFyre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-5FAA07FC0F58E02A - Taken by gaiadyne
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-8697F89035C441D5 - Taken by Ronabo
Bastion -- MB-92467B28F6E7C04E - Taken by m0t0k1
Limbo -- MB-D9CC14F1E16EBA35 - Taken by Notrollious

Crzy1

Eh, only $5 more off of Lords of the Fallen, but I'll take it. Was hoping for 75% off, though. First purchase during this sale and likely the only one given how underwhelming this one has been thus far.

gogosox82

Definitive edition for Sleeping Dogs ... Is it worth getting that if i have all the dlc and the original game on steam installed ?

Not worth it imo if you already have it. It doesn't really look that much better than the base game when you run it on ultra settings and you already have the dlc and that would really be the only point in getting it.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MulderWasTaken:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Blue Rose (Desura) -- MB-61EED3CAECF96413
Coldfire Keep -- MB-67F5E5DBE613E370
Eldritch -- MB-77E2E035A2F91045 - Taken by Blu(e). 6 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-F7EC12D5E4E3D3F4 - Taken by Jirotrom. 4 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-C38E5B842E6B4B80
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World -- MB-4E0C60CB16F05194
Pinball FX2 - Base game and Civil War Table -- MB-53BAAA66082BDDE7 - Taken by cardinalmind. 4 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Doctor Strange Table -- MB-1199DDF5122C878F - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Excalibur Table -- MB-FCAE5AC453AF77C4 - Taken by MrPanic. 1 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Excalibur Table #2 -- MB-11EDB23D3AFFA9D8 - Taken by didamangi. 2 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Mars Table -- MB-4A0BA63EE6591627 - Taken by MrPanic. 3 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Mars Table #2 -- MB-275C7C6AF3E86B31 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 4 entrants total.
Sacraboar -- MB-A4E42A3120C6D428
Snuggle Truck -- MB-1F8BB511F03B4109
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-8AE7E974F33A0A5F - Taken by Deadbeat. 2 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-E9EB9B125722E17D - Taken by EdmondD. 5 entrants total.
World War I: Centennial Edition -- MB-C12F1F81DB66EDF3

t1419457387z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom