• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Is this a new spam thing? You can't decline an invite. You can only accept it or block him.

The fact that the Ignore ignore link is still there makes me thing it is just a system issue or bug. I had to use that function so much back when I had the Max's Head hat in TF2. Russian hat resellers used to try to add me constantly. I eventually sold it when they finally let you put it on the marketplace.

Braag

God, I don't know if I should pick up Lords of the Fallen.

Zukb.gif

There's still over a week left of these sales and most of my budget would go into that.
Then again these sales have been quite disappointing to me so far.

Not an error actually, do you happen to own Prologue as well? Part of their christmas thing was they were giving 3 copies of the game to anyone who had bought the Gold pack. For the people who owned just prologue and then bought Talisman, they ended up getting one free gift copy.

Oh, well nice!

I bought the Gold 4-Pack, then bought the Season Pass from GMG so maybe that counted as the above as well.

Sch1sm

The Evil Within.. Yes or No?

Depends, really. Bought it on One on Black Friday. So much tension, the atmosphere is great, too, down to the lighting and shadows. Combat makes my heart stop because bullets are a bit tough to come by, but it's very resourceful at the same time. You have choices, lots of them, when it comes to killing things, that's all I can say. Story isn't great, though, like at all. I dislike it. Glad I waited for it to be $25 on Black Friday rather than shell out $69.99+tax
(boo, Canada)
on it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone else mildly annoyed that early access games are in the daily deals? I'm not against them in theory but with so many of them rarely getting out of early access I feel this is just diluting the games that are actually released. After being burned a few times on early access games when it was introduced, I made a rule that I won't buy any game until its out of early access.

I think it depends on the game. Prison Architect and Kerbal have both been featured in every sale since they started development, both have been very well realized products that get frequent updates and are 100% going to be completed (Kerbal is in the final sprint now).

I certainly don't think some random pre-alpha game should be a featured sale, though.

Arghhhh.

I just want the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass to go on sale :/

No chance, DS2 was on sale and the Season Pass didn't.

The best thing I can think is wait for Dark Souls 2 DX11 should-be-free upgrade edition to go on sale next year...

This is the last time I buy an standard edition instead of waiting for the GOTY edition of a game.

God, I don't know if I should pick up Lords of the Fallen.

Zukb.gif

There's still over a week left of these sales and most of my budget would go into that.
Then again these sales have been quite disappointing to me so far.

I'll most likely get Lords of the Fallen. Even though I am a Dark Souls fan and Dark Souls fans were dissapointed because it wasnt exactly like Dark Souls; I will still get it because I won't go in expecting a Dark Souls copy unlike what many first buyers thought when purchasing the game( as represented by the game's reviews on Steam).

sixghost

Does Ultra Street Fighter 4 have enough content to justify a purchase for single player?

Unless your idea of fun is spending hours and hours going through the combo challenges, which I actually find really fun, absolutely not. The arcade mode for each character consists of two 20 secondish poorly animated cutscenes, and that's about it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Vazduh, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Wolf Among Us -- MB-253121D4482EB4E1 - Taken by cicero. 33 entrants total.

t1419453426z1.png

Unless your idea of fun is spending hours and hours going through the combo challenges, which I actually find really fun, absolutely not. The arcade mode for each character consists of two 20 secondish poorly animated cutscenes, and that's about it.

Damn so no story mode at all really to speak of? Ive been spoiled by Nethrealms incredible single player content in Injustice / Mortal Kombat.

BPoole

Thinking about Just Cause 2.
Does it have somewhat of a good story, or is it just an open world to do crazy stuff in?
The story and characters are bad to the point where it is comical and adds some charm to the game. I hope the VA in JC3 is equally as terrible just to fit the bill.

If you buy it, I have a collection of mods that other people have made that will make the game much more fun. Link

KarmaCow

Thinking about Just Cause 2.
Does it have somewhat of a good story, or is it just an open world to do crazy stuff in?

The story is worthless, some would argue even actively bad. You're better off downloading mods to unlock the stuff that's gated by progression and crazy stuff like extended grapple range.

cicero

Is this a new spam thing? You can't decline an invite. You can only accept it or block him.

This guy had 2 level on Steam.

I have had like 10 invites over the past week or so, never had so many random invites previously. I assumed it must be related to one of the recent groups I joined. I had one person keep inviting me, so I just block them all now. I think all were level 1 users.

eot

Banned
No chance, DS2 was on sale and the Season Pass didn't.

The best thing I can think is wait for Dark Souls 2 DX11 should-be-free upgrade edition to go on sale next year...

This is the last time I buy an standard edition instead of waiting for the GOTY edition of a game.

I wonder if saves will carry over.
Not going to redo my SL1 run just to reach the DLC.

Eklesp

The story and characters are bad to the point where it is comical and adds some charm to the game. I hope the VA in JC3 is equally as terrible just to fit the bill.

If you buy it, I have a collection of mods that other people have made that will make the game much more fun. Link

Thanks, that's the kind of thing I remember from the first game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

bPJkKEz.png

Flandy

Really hoping for a sale on The Witcher 1 and 2. Do those ever go on steeper discounts than their current 50% off?

Is it even worth playing the first or should I skip to 2

BPoole

Thanks, that's the kind of thing I remember from the first game.

Just to note, those mods I linked contain an increase spawn rate of the authorities, so when you're doing missions, there will be A LOT more enemies. If you want to get rid of that, delete the file that's called heatspawn.

Danj

Bought the Talisman 4-Pack. Received a copy for myself, and 4 gift copies. Error?

3 are marked as 'Talisman Digital Edition Gift' and 1 is marked as 'Talisman Digital Edition Retail Gift'. Oh well, extra gift!

LmLiit6.png

Bonus copies were added to all of the game's post-release subs. Single-copy and four-pack purchasers receive one bonus gift while those who opt for the Gold Edition receive three (excludes the standard edition sub in use on the store, for some reason).

How come I only got 3 copies then? I figured it was a price error so I went for the 4 pack.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
anyone think the jackbox collection will go up? :(

As a sale? No chance. They launched just before Christmas and still haven't patched anything yet. The devs are good about discounting this stuff, but it's too early for Jackbox Party Pack.

It is $19.99 on Bundlestars if you want to save a little bit:
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/the-jackbox-party-pack/

Does anyone think the Game of Thrones telltale game is gonna go lower than 22.95?

Anything that's a featured deal in this sale is as low as it's going to go. Game of Thrones is a featured sale, so it's as low as it's going to go. If you mean "ever", then yes. In the next sale, it will be cheaper. In the sale after that it'll be cheaper still. I would seriously recommend against buying it now since you'll mostly only be able to play the first episode and then wait as the game is sold for less and less before the rest of the episodes come out.

devo1989

So I just bought an Alien Isolation key off of Nuuvem to redeem on my UK steam account and it appears I made a huge mistake. I seem to have read it redeems on US accounts however? Any remedies? Anyone want a cheap Alien key? :(

Really hoping for a sale on The Witcher 1 and 2. Do those ever go on steeper discounts than their current 50% off?

Is it even worth playing the first or should I skip to 2

They have gone to -85% before if I'm not mistaken. And the first is certainly worth playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom