• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is on the fence about Bully, please refer to this post for a chance to win it. Good luck!

t1419459546z1.png

Shamelessly reposting for the new page.

Fudo Myo

The X-COM games are on discount too... $10 for the whole Enemy Unknown+Within stuff. Someone (I think Durante) said that Valkyria Chronicles was kind of like X-COM, of course with macho men, aliens, pew pew but none of the waifu squads and tank warfare. Still, I love me some strategic titles. Worth it?

Oh fuck yes. GOAT for me. Pull the trigger! Go go go! At that price, it's a steal.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Polishin8r:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain -- MB-DA15B03B758703FA - Taken by Wark. 4 entrants total.

t1419453848z1.png

Denton

Life is Fuedal or Lords of the Fallen, GAF?

One is early access survival multiplayer sandbox sim, the other is finished, gorgeous looking action RPG in the Dark Souls vein.
Depends on what you like. I did finish and enjoy LOTF a lot though. It is about 20 hours long, not as big as Dark Souls games.

One is early access survival multiplayer sandbox sim, the other is finished, gorgeous looking action RPG in the Dark Souls vein.
Depends on what you like. I did finish and enjoy LOTF a lot though. It is about 20 hours long, not as big as Dark Souls games.

Yea, I was leaning toward Lords of the Fallen, huge Dark Souls fan. (been playing since demon Souls)

Maybe I'll wait on Life is Feudal until I've got a coop buddy on the line. =P

Chiggs

Gold Member
Excited for Lords of the Fallen. Seems like the game deserves a closer look. Watched the GameSpot review and was intrigued.

$19.99...what can go wrong?

grkazan12

Is XCOM Enemy Within worth it for 9.89? or should I just get the complete pack with XCOM Declassified?

Ignoring price for a moment, is Enemy Within any good?

I'd like to know as well, how does it compare to Project CARS?

I have not played Project CARS, but I have played extensively Forza and Gran Turismo with a bit of iRacing. Asseto Corsa is a great collection to any sim racer fan and it definitely feels more realistic than Gran Turismo and Forza, but if you are used to those games then you will find the content in Asseto Corsa to be lacking.

Krakn3Dfx

If anyone was wondering, Ziggurat for $7.50 is an awesome deal. Game is fun as hell with a pretty similar feel to the Heretic/Hexen games from Raven. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Is XCOM Enemy Within worth it for 9.89? or should I just get the complete pack with XCOM Declassified?

Ignoring price for a moment, is Enemy Within any good?

I picked it up on the last sale, I feel like it adds a lot of fun stuff. May be overwhelming for a first play through though. The expansion adds a ton of stuff, and more time sensitive things. The expansion doesn't offer a new overall campaign, it just adds more things to do along the way. (with a ton more combat options, and some new enemies)

So I guess what I'm saying is that Enemy Within is great, but you may want to do your first play through on the regular version, then the second play through on Enemy Within. If you don't think you'll be investing the time to play it twice, just get it without the expansion. But of course, that's just how I see it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
XCOM is nearly perfect until the latter "save the civilian" missions that are just annoying beyond belief. Toward the later half of the game the best strategy is to simply not do anything. Still, you get your entertainment at 50 bucks, so 9 bucks is an absolute steal.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MulderWasTaken, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pinball FX2 - Excalibur Table #2 -- MB-11EDB23D3AFFA9D8 - Taken by didamangi. 2 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-C38E5B842E6B4B80
Pinball FX2 - Doctor Strange Table -- MB-1199DDF5122C878F - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
World War I: Centennial Edition -- MB-C12F1F81DB66EDF3
Coldfire Keep -- MB-67F5E5DBE613E370
ulgzbKC.png
Blue Rose (Desura) -- MB-61EED3CAECF96413
Sacraboar -- MB-A4E42A3120C6D428
Snuggle Truck -- MB-1F8BB511F03B4109
The Cat Lady -- MB-E9EB9B125722E17D - Taken by EdmondD. 5 entrants total.
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World -- MB-4E0C60CB16F05194
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-8AE7E974F33A0A5F - Taken by Deadbeat. 2 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-77E2E035A2F91045 - Taken by Blu(e). 6 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-F7EC12D5E4E3D3F4 - Taken by Jirotrom. 4 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Mars Table -- MB-4A0BA63EE6591627 - Taken by MrPanic. 3 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Excalibur Table -- MB-FCAE5AC453AF77C4 - Taken by MrPanic. 1 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Mars Table #2 -- MB-275C7C6AF3E86B31 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 4 entrants total.
Pinball FX2 - Base game and Civil War Table -- MB-53BAAA66082BDDE7 - Taken by cardinalmind. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for World War I: Centennial Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Blue Rose (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Teleglitch: Die More Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1419457387z1.png

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Does Lords of the Fallen use cel shading or does the store page just have weird screenshots?

Example here:
That is so off-base it's not even a bullshot, it looks like concept art. If they're passing that as a screenshot, it's the most dishonest I've ever seen, lol.

Is the DLC worth getting?
The DLC hasn't been released yet.

I'll most likely get Lords of the Fallen. Even though I am a Dark Souls fan and Dark Souls fans were dissapointed because it wasnt exactly like Dark Souls; I will still get it because I won't go in expecting a Dark Souls copy unlike what many first buyers thought when purchasing the game( as represented by the game's reviews on Steam).
I'm a Dark Souls fan. I wasn't disappointed that LotF wasn't exactly like DS, but it's definitely a weaker version in every aspect except the graphics (and then only technical, not artistic). It's a good game, but definitely a budget one, and don't expect a From Software-like masterpiece. ;)

I'd say it's certainly worth it for $20. Unless you have a huge backlog and are not even gonna play it soon, in which case, wait a few months 'til it drops even more, but that's true of just about every game out there.

Kvik

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. First come, first served! To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me, but instead, please post a photo of your Christmas turkey/BBQ ribs/waifu in a reindeer cosplay.

GRID -- MB-F03F5F3615FA87F5 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-C7EC0A2C530F766A - Taken by Kinsei
KickBeat Steam Edition -- MB-ABE4ED6806FFEF24 - Taken by LuffyZoro

Grabbed XCOM Complete.

It's like 17GB though o_O

I think that's about it for me this sale though. Got a few more expensive games rather than a bunch of cheaper ones. Only thing left I think is mayybeee Brave New World if it gets low again, and Banished at $5 or $6.

SeZMehK

ModBot said:
Instructions for SeZMehK:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SeZMehK, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine -- MB-38A6548103340991 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles -- MB-C90414D0E6DFE1BF - Taken by Slayven. 2 entrants total.
Sonic the Hedgehog -- MB-0991C426CBE43CE0 - Taken by Jables Swan. 1 entrants total.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 -- MB-CA0ABE65D0DE4BB9 - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
Sonic 3D Blast -- MB-75D621F39983B3B1 - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
Sonic Adventure 2 -- MB-AA448F780F0131CA - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Sonic Spinball -- MB-D46333C3189A6A4E - Taken by TheSeks. 1 entrants total.

t1419455887z1.png

Finally the Sonic Hits COllection went on sale at amazon. Here are keys for games that I already own. I hope you win what you want. :D

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So according to Isthereanydeal, the lowest current price on a game I want is on Gamestop PC. But they only offer the downloads to "US addresses".

Is there any risk in me entering a fake (or a US friend's) postal address, since I live in Canada? It's a goddamn download for crying out lout, I hate when they do this. -_-

autoduelist

God, I don't know if I should pick up Lords of the Fallen.
There's still over a week left of these sales and most of my budget would go into that.
Then again these sales have been quite disappointing to me so far.

There's a decent chance of the 'bigger' titles being part of a end of sale 'reprise', right? So just sit on it and see if you still want it then.

Very yes, had nearly 50 hours put into it. The game was patched and upgraded a lot on PC. Still a downgrade from the original but can provide some good fun. Ranked is absolutely dead though but some people still play it. Has 3 SP campaigns as well and the skirmish is very entertaining.

If you were looking for a RTS that has mechs and even naval combat, you'll find that here. I wish more games could include naval combat!

edit:

The X-COM games are on discount too... $10 for the whole Enemy Unknown+Within stuff. Someone (I think Durante) said that Valkyria Chronicles was kind of like X-COM, of course with macho men, aliens, pew pew but none of the waifu squads and tank warfare. Still, I love me some strategic titles. Worth it?

Thanks for the rec on Supreme Commander 2. I'm already past my budget this sale and can't afford it, but it's now wishlisted.

You can't go wrong with X-Com if you like tactical games.

madjoki

So according to Isthereanydeal, the lowest current price on a game I want is on Gamestop PC. But they only offer the downloads to "US addresses".

Is there any risk in me entering a fake (or a US friend's) postal address, since I live in Canada? It's a goddamn download for crying out lout, I hate when they do this. -_-

I don't think Gamestop works with fake address, you need actual US credit card. (Like Amazon requires, but only for certain publishers)

I have a steam key i found deep in my emails while I was cleaning my emails out. The email is dated a year and a half ago. The key should still be good right? I was gonna offer it up for modbot thingy. I wouldn't wanna offer up a game that doesn't work.

xezuru

What are the required packs for Talisman? So much DLC.

If I were to pick just two, FrostMarche and the Dungeon DLC are the major ones. Other ones are just sprinkles. The reaper can be fun i guess, just a phantom 5th character, that people get to move if they roll a 1 or have other scenario, and if you put a reaper on another person they have to roll to get out of a crazy scenario or risk death with a bad roll.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of alr1ght, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunpoint -- MB-8657B8B0182D328D - Taken by drakaenae. 11 entrants total.

t1419459606z1.png

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Oldies but good games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for manueldelalas:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (manueldelalas, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-72A7963F2F393A86
Limbo -- MB-CAAEA691F58E2383 - Taken by Polishin8r. 5 entrants total.

t1419456967z1.png

I hope this ModBot thing works.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't think Gamestop works with fake address, you need actual US credit card. (Like Amazon requires, but only for certain publishers)
Bah, that sucks. Okay, thanks. I'm getting it from GMG + voucher which is almost the same price anyway.

Note, this game is going to be a gift, that will work right? GMG will give me the key, then I can redeem it as a gift for someone else? Sorry for the noob question, never did this before.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crazyrabbits, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Don't Starve Together (Beta) (Steam) -- MB-C85321D9717BB3D2 - Taken by creamfarts. 7 entrants total.

t1419459906z1.png

maguskain

Anyone heard anything else about Recettear being on sale? I remember a post linking to a twitter account a few days back - but haven't seen anything in the last few days.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there a way to get an email alert whe a particular game goes on sale? I can't keep tabs on this thread or steam over the next couple of days, and I want to grab South Park if it drops some more. But even though I have it on my wish list, I think steam won't send me another reminder because it already dropped a little bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom