• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

I don't remember, but was Resident Evil 5 ever 75% off in the summer sale?

I don't remember it being that cheap, but according to ITAD it was 75% off in 2013, but not last summer sale.

omg.... just bought GTA IV, how the fuck did this pass QA, it already begins that I can't save without Games for Windows Live, I couldn't even start it.

The camera is awful, fighting is awful² and there are a lot of graphics issues. And that's just after 10 minutes of playing the game. ;__;

That sucks dude, but thanks for posting this. I already have Vice City, but I was thinking of buying the collection. Speaking of which, I guess I should actually play Vice City to see if it works.

omg.... just bought GTA IV, how the fuck did this pass QA, it already begins that I can't save without Games for Windows Live, I couldn't even start it.

The camera is awful, fighting is awful² and there are a lot of graphics issues. And that's just after 10 minutes of playing the game. ;__;

Sober

2008 nostalgia

bluechox2

search google for the fix for windows live

Been a sparse christmas sale for me so far. Only picked up...

-Speedrunners
-Ziggurat
-Skullgirls
-Mount Your Friends

Got all of these for just under a tenner though! Ziggurat is seriously great, and it's still in early access which is surprising.

Lulubop

Really digging Lords of the Fallen. Feels better than I thought it would, and it runs and looks great. Next Dark Souls, but eh whatever.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Water, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Water, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixeljunk Eden -- MB-2FAD75EEE4DADB2B - Taken by Macheezmo. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-2E92B0CBA84D8D76 - Taken by Gallantioh. 4 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-3000D241A531496F - Taken by Darth Kupi. 9 entrants total.

t1419466083z1.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So GAF? Lords of the Fallen?

Bought it just now and it crashed at the very first start up. =/

It's running fine now and I just beat the first miniboss. If you REALLY want a souls-like experience I guess go for it but otherwise wait.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Lords of the Fallen or Evil Within... very tempting...

So far, all I got was Wolf Among Us. Don't regret it, though.

madjoki

I asked for Lords of the Fallen to be cheaper, and here it is.

So, will it go cheaper on a daily? We'll see...

It won't go any cheaper. Publishers set two discount: General discount and deeper featured discount.

Only different seems to be losing community deals, where percentage between these are used. These might later appear at full discount.

Ark

Buying Lords of the Fallen has tipped me onto the 100 games mark!

Now just for Shadow of Mordor, Divinity: Original Sin, and Tales from the Borderlands :)

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Ok I was just confused then, I was thinking "featured" vs the 12hr/community choice. I wondered if it would land in there or if this featured was as low as it would go.

Saiyan-Rox

just out of curiosity if/when Watch Dogs goes on sale will I still be able to play it even though my Uplay already has a useless russian version already on there?

Xevo

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xevo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rochard -- MB-7739F398D3BDD3E0 - Taken by snack. 1 entrants total.
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-114CF40D051EF107 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 5 entrants total.
Jolly Rover -- MB-BD2B5664AB67CA75 - Taken by Ventara. 2 entrants total.

t1419464887z1.png

Dr.Acula

Banned
Broke down, bought Talisman.

At some point I realised I spent more on a hot chocolate today on an impulse, and I've been turning over this Talisman purchase for like six hours.

aScaris

Broke down, bought Talisman.

At some point I realised I spent more on a hot chocolate today on an impulse, and I've been turning over this Talisman purchase for like six hours.

That's just what steam sales do to you :D During sales times 7,49€ seems like a fucking expensive buy to me, while on the other hand I might impulse buy some 20€ games on retail... :p

-MD-

So if I only got 50% through both DS1 and DS2 is it even worth playing Lords of the Fallen or should I just go back and finish those games instead?

Also, everyone should buy The Evil Within :)

i have The Evil Within on PS4 and good god, i cannot play that game. it is such a stuttery mess. is it better on PC? i have a pretty beastly rig.

PC version is the way to go, you can play at a locked 30 or 60fps if you have a really nice rig.

ekgrey

i have The Evil Within on PS4 and good god, i cannot play that game. it is such a stuttery mess. is it better on PC? i have a pretty beastly rig.

So if I only got 50% through both DS1 and DS2 is it even worth playing Lords of the Fallen or should I just go back and finish those games instead?

Also, everyone should buy The Evil Within :)

Lords of the Fallen is shorter and features a more 'fleshed out' story, so maybe that's more to your liking.

Thrakier

You can save without logging into love just make an offline account the option is very hidden though when you try to make a new account, just a textlink I think.

BPoole

Bought it just now and it crashed at the very first start up. =/

It's running fine now and I just beat the first miniboss. If you REALLY want a souls-like experience I guess go for it but otherwise wait.

Mine crashed the first time as well. Haven't had an issue since

Braag

I didn't have any performance issues with a 4GB 770, was able to crank all the settings up.
And this was before the performance patch which was released recently.

I am so terrible. Having loads of fun with Endless Legend, but I keep getting to like turn 50 before I decide I don't like the map and restart.

I've done this like 4 times now >.>

Marow

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Marow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
Batman Arkham Origins: Season Pass -- MB-32CECC70EDB898FA - Taken by Thorgal

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom