• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm sure someone here would be willing to help you out.
See my edit. I'll get it on GMG, with the voucher it'll only be like two bucks more than Gamestop.

I just want to be sure that I can gift this. Preferably, I don't want to give the Steam key to my friend, but I want to gift the game through Steam. Can I do that with a key bought on GMG? I think I can choose the gift option (vs installing the game for myself) once I redeem it through Steam but I'd like to be 100% sure.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to get an email alert whe a particular game goes on sale? I can't keep tabs on this thread or steam over the next couple of days, and I want to grab South Park if it drops some more. But even though I have it on my wish list, I think steam won't send me another reminder because it already dropped a little bit?

http://isthereanydeal.com/waitlist/

See my edit. I'll get it on GMG, with the voucher it'll only be like two bucks more than Gamestop.

I just want to be sure that I can gift this. Preferably, I don't want to give the Steam key to my friend, but I want to gift the game through Steam. Can I do that with a key bought on GMG? I think I can choose the gift option (vs installing the game for myself) once I redeem it through Steam but I'd like to be 100% sure.

Nope.

Is there a way to get an email alert whe a particular game goes on sale? I can't keep tabs on this thread or steam over the next couple of days, and I want to grab South Park if it drops some more. But even though I have it on my wish list, I think steam won't send me another reminder because it already dropped a little bit?

Steam gives email alerts for games on your wishlist.

Sober

My friend was playing this mod for a while, it looked insanely tough at times.
For normal players, yes, it gets crazy but part of the mod is to force players to think if they should stick around and try to finish the mission or just suck it up and run back home. Unless you are a god at the game like Beaglerush or Marbozir, sometimes you just have to run away. But since you have more men to use (8 most of the time) you have more tools on hand, which is why the mod plays a bit harder, in effort to make you use more of your tools.

JaseC

Steam gives email alerts for games on your wishlist.

Steam's notifications are exponentially slower than usual during sale periods, though. I didn't one for Tropico 5 at all when it was a featured deal during the Autumn Sale.

Sober

The few things you learn in vanilla classic/ironman are applicable to Long War, and even then LW decides you should unlearn it anyway.

Once more

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zer0blivion, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bully: Scholarship Edition -- MB-26716A61D562ED78 - Taken by ref. 32 entrants total.
Bully: Scholarship Edition #2 -- MB-5B616AA4E0149746 - Taken by Andrea23. 30 entrants total.

t1419459546z1.png

Menchi

Has Divinity:Original Sin been on sale yet? I've bought a key from Gamesdeal.com and the key hasn't arrived and support seem to be ignoring me.

Was wondering whether I' should wait and see if it goes on sale, or keep pestering support.

JaseC

Has Divinity:Original Sin been on sale yet? I've bought a key from Gamesdeal.com and the key hasn't arrived and support seem to be ignoring me.

Was wondering whether I' should wait and see if it goes on sale, or keep pestering support.

Not yet.

Still getting the "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance" error message.

Can't buy Far Cry 4 :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for SniperHunter:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SniperHunter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Juarez Gunslinger -- MB-F7F9120F8BC7D1E3 - Taken by darkchewie. 23 entrants total.

t1419468847z1.png

I heard this is game is good, bought it twice accidentally!

Saprol

Ultra SF4 40% as a daily? Hmm. Probably going to wait for another opportunity and just play the other stuff I got this sale.

Deadbeat

Banned
So humble keys apparently expire because the teleglitch key I just won told me its expired now.

Who thought that was a good idea? More idiotic shit form humblebundle.

shockdude

So humble keys apparently expire because the teleglitch key I just won told me its expired now.

Who thought that was a good idea? More idiotic shit form humblebundle.

The Teleglitch key probably came from that Humble store promotion a few months back, when humble was giving out Teleglitch keys for free. Humble explicitly said that those free keys would expire.

Gruso

Still getting the "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance" error message.

Can't buy Far Cry 4 :(
Yup, trying to gift a bundle to my nephew. No luck at the moment.

[edit] Worked fine via client, not via web.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sch1sm, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Marlow Briggs -- MB-8569042A4E254B54 - Taken by Jables Swan. 6 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-1A2E8E67354DDD4C - Taken by famfrit. 3 entrants total.
Killing Floor (Guest Pass) -- MB-6EDDBDB6BE8DE7E2
Bully: Scholarship Edition -- MB-98522033725B9E4A - Taken by Elija2. 37 entrants total.

t1419463027z1.png

Oh man, I bought shadow warrior yesterday cause it was a daily. I've played it for about 5 hours now. Game is insanely good. Love slicing shit up with the katana.

Silent Hill Homecoming is the cheapest it's ever been on GMG, it usually is only 50% off when on sale, but it's 75% off right now, plus with the 25% off coupon, you can get it for $7.49. It's not a terrible game, though a weaker one in its series, I do think it's worth that price if interested.

Homecoming: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/silent-hill-homecoming/

Coupon Code: 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG

bought this earlier, thought everyone else thought it was a rubbish deal or something since I saw no mention anywhere else of it!! Looking forward to it, and RE6 (also cheapest, with the 25% discount code i think)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Bully

English language not supported
This product does not have support for your local language. Please review the supported language list below before purchasing

say what?

aku:jiki

But no doubt it will be expanded to paid keys too.
Bundles are killing sales due to resellers and sites/devs are trying to find ways to prevent this.
The actual problem is the race to the price bottom and the "I'll just wait for the bundle" mentality customers now have. G2A or whoever has nothing to do with it and blaming them for time-limited keys is just a convenient excuse so they can tone down all the gifting and sharing of old bundle keys. Publishers would obviously much rather your friend buys game X than receives your unused Humble key for free.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GuardianE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-7CD0F33539FCDBCE - Taken by EricTheCleric. 47 entrants total.

t1419470827z1.png

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom