• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Seriously? We're applauding sites who get their 'news' from tweets and not actual investigation and/or discovery of their own? Give Kotaku all the shit you want but compared to pretty much the rest, when it comes to news they at least put in a shift.

Jawmuncher

Seriously? We're applauding sites who get their 'news' from tweets and not actual investigation and discovery of there own? Give Kotaku all the shit you want but compared to pretty much the rest, when it comes to news they at least put in a shift.

No one else will put in the work for Dino Crisis news but me though.

Salsa

Seriously? We're applauding sites who get their 'news' from tweets and not actual investigation and discovery of there own? Give Kotaku all the shit you want but compared to pretty much the rest, when it comes to news they at least put in a shift.

dude please who else is gonna help poor EA but me

Dr Dogg

No one else will put in the work for Dino Crisis news but me though.

dude please who else is gonna help poor EA but me

But that's it though you guys deserve the credit not someone who just regurgitated/reported on your work. Now sure if they took that as a jumping off point, chased up some leads, tracked down some other sources and put up a fuller article, you know actual journalism, then fine give them some praise but the quality of reporting in the entertainment industry, especially since new media became the dominant consumption format, has dropped off a cliff.

Salsa

what the hell is even happening in payday anymore

ZtnvnRT.jpg

aliens? a dude on a forklift?

Thread whining I guess.
Oh. Won't be long then at least.

Not totally unrelated but from time to time I read threads in Gaming and boy, I have no clue how people do it but there almost never good discussion happening. Like almost half of all posts are attempted one-liners, about the same ratio dissolves into platform stuff - jokes, defense, attacks.
Only a very small part is actual discussion.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, just beat The Witcher 2. That was fun. Now let the waiting game begin for the third! The cut scene at the end of the end credits really has me jonesing for more. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the story.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the additions from the EE update.

I hope someone knows the answer to this:

I have the gog version of Witcher 2 and have played a bit of it. Now I'm tempted to double-dip on Steam version. Can I move my save file from the gog version and pick up where I left off?

A bit late, but yes it is possible to transfer the saves.

Wouldn't the saves be in the same place anyway? I remember the saves being in your windows user.
I imagine they'd both look there.

It depends.

Tizoc

Does steam let you do like what GMG does and choose how much credit you can spend on content and pay the rest with your own credit card?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Does steam let you do like what GMG does and choose how much credit you can spend on content and pay the rest with your own credit card?

As far as I know, it will always use up your entire credit balance first before charging your credit card.

Oh nice, that's a good change, unless I just never noticed an option at checkout!

EDIT: Are you sure about this? Where do you get to choose how much Steam Wallet credit you'd like to use? Selecting either simply changes the method, not the amount:

iqu9AlqCjZQOK.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now I remember why I don't play ARMA online

I just want to play GoKarts... why is it impossible to find a GoKart server!?

Grief.exe

As far as I know, it will always use up your entire credit balance first before charging your credit card.

Oh nice, that's a good change, unless I just never noticed an option at checkout!

EDIT: Are you sure about this? Where do you get to choose how much Steam Wallet credit you'd like to use? Selecting either simply changes the method, not the amount:

iqu9AlqCjZQOK.png

Hmm how would I go about doing that? Say I have $20 in Gaben money and only want to use say $10 of that, and the rest I pay myself, where can I set how much to be used up?

Sorry, I misread the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom