• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Holy shit. Ubi actually remembered to discount Anno 1404 (Dawn of Discovery). They generally forget. https://t.co/koiGYJikE6

Mainstream critics seem to enjoy the game, but the long-term consensus on GAF has been abysmal.

It seems to be extremely shallow game on the series, but if you enjoy Skyrim than there is a good chance you will enjoy this.
Oh wow thanks for the headsup on Anno 1404, been meaning to get it but Ubi always forgets to give it a hard discount 99% of the time.

Chariot

Steam reviews are just broken.
It's simply not possible to have 90% of the whole store be amazing, 8% be so-so and and 2% being crap. It just doesn't work this way.

Also, the fact that it doesn't take into account the number of votes is insane.
A game with one positive review is placed higher than a game with 10k reviews, 94% of them positive.
They work fine for me. The fact that most are positive gives me alarm for turds. When I see negative in any form I go investigate the reviews why. Saved me lotta times.

edit: but I jot always agree. E.G. I think Front Wars and Sakura Spirit are bad, but they remain in very positive status.

L.O.R.D

Holy fuck, February is surely saturated. And it now joins Street Fighter V (Feb 16):

CSVhodSUsAAtrbA.png

And, 3 major games on the 23th alone, damn :/

best month for me
Digimon CS and Project X Zone 2
and maybe mighty no 9 and Naruto 4 and mirror's edge 2

BTW , SF5 is going to be in this February too

chronomac

Grief.exe

Why do you shorten Steam links? Also it takes me to home page.

I copied my Twitter post, but that link will be US only, maybe Western Hemisphere.

The EU always gets Anno 1404 discounted because it was flagged as Anno series. When Ubi put it back on the shop, they names it Dawn of Discovery in the US and forgot to tag it as in the Anno series. So series discounts never came to that sub.

Challenge:
Find a game on Steam whose reviews are Mostly Negative or worse, but that you recommend people play.

To make it fair, exclude decent AAA games who got review-bombed into oblivion because of DRM, bugs, or decisions the fanbase didn't like (so no Arkham Knight or similar)

I would say Tex Murphy Overseer. However all the negative comments are technical issues. I own the game on GoG and it works so maybe the steam version is busted?

Sini

I copied my Twitter post, but that link will be US only, maybe Western Hemisphere.

The EU always gets Anno 1404 discounted because it was flagged as Anno series. When Ubi put it back on the shop, they names it Dawn of Discovery in the US and forgot to tag it as in the Anno series. So series discounts never came to that sub.

Writing "Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404)" would be more accurate then.

Momentary

Banned
Even though I knew it'd be sim for the past month or so, it's still disappointing as fuck to see him appear.

Hope that the final new character brings back the hype.

I really enjoyed playing Sim in 4. Now that he has a refreshing moveset, I'm all over him.

I already know what the last character looks and plays like.

Got Valkyria Chronicles in the last Steam sale. SR4 looks like the kind of game that will be in a main bundle sometime down the line. Not big on Besiege. It's a skip for me.

Lomax

so No Mans Sky is a fucking shooter?

Of course it's a shooter, what else would it be? There's never been any indication of city building or anything like that. You wander around and label things and/or kill them. Bars probably increase.

Got Valkyria Chronicles in the last Steam sale. SR4 looks like the kind of game that will be in a main bundle sometime down the line. Not big on Besiege. It's a skip for me.

I guess thinking it would be Gat out of Hell was a bit optimistic (I have both already so doesn't affect me either way). Valkyria and Besiege is tempting for me but not enough just for those two. We're still due a few more hints but it will take at least one more game I really want to sway me.

Hektor

Matterfall looks interesting, but its only a cig trailer, so whatevs.

No PC Tekken 7 :( Not that I've played a Tekken game before anyway.

Well, they surely wouldnt announce a PC-version at a sony only conference, but one of the producers already said in an interview a decent time ago, that he'd love to bring tekken to pc, so i imagine its just a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom