• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2014: Hidden Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastasia

How is Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines? Never played it but have heard about it before and it looks cool.

Edit: Bought!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Lots of gems. Hopefully Hammerwatch shows up on sale as I need more friends to play that with. Look out for Monaco as well. Great co op games.

I see it's 50% off but I'm sure that can be 75% at some point.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Taking a small break to go watch a movie with some people, so for the moment updating will stop. However, updated the list substantially since it was opened, some mentioned here and some not.

I'm looking for a deal on Garry's mod, anyone think it'll be on sale?

As mentioned, it is almost certain to go on sale for $2.49 at some point.

I also highly suggest looking into getting it with Counter-Strike: Source. If you can't afford it, sensible, but that is the single game Gmod pulls from the most, and without it you'll be getting a lot of missing textures.

SugarDave

as someone who hasn't dove into WRPGs other than Deus Ex.

Should I go for witcher or fallout?

You can't really go wrong with either. Whichever you decide for now, you should still definitely try the other at some point in the future.

Fallout: New Vegas and The Witcher 2 are both among the best games of last generation. I would skip Fallout 3 personally as NV trumps it in pretty much every way (although if you enjoy NV and want more, it couldn't hurt to return to it then). Fallout 1 & 2 are also great if you're interested in the older titles, the collection should probably get a bigger discount at some point. I got it for about £3 in the Winter Sale so keep an eye out for that.

Since I recommend them both, I'd say go for the one right now with the setting and gameplay style that appeals to you most; third-person fantasy or first-person post-apocalypse.

Dezzy

I got Divinity: Original Sin at 20% off, which doesn't even officially launch until June 30th, so good enough deal for me. Played the beta a little, and the game is amazing.
I'm really hoping for a daily or flash deal on Warlock II and realMyst Masterpiece Edition. I'm gonna try to have a lot of restraint during this sale, but you know how it goes.

Edit: Oops, I was a bit off topic. Sorry. :)

Hmm, Full Bore is 50% off, that's pretty tempting...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I enjoyed Wonderful 101 and MGR and think Bayonetta looks good (from a gameplay sense). Would I enjoy this?
And do the stories build on one another? I prefer to play the first if they do.

I'm not sure about Wonderful 101, since I have yet to play it... and I don't know if it fits perfectly into the genre of character action or not. I think if you like MGR, DMC4 is a natural next step.

If you like seeing Bayonetta's gameplay, you'd probably enjoy DMC4's as well. There are a good deal of similarities. DMC4 does have its share of problems, like pacing and backtracking. But the control is sublime and the game has arguably the deepest combat system created in an action game. It's a phenomenal port on PC, too.

The games do follow one another, story-wise... but they're a little loose and out of order. For example, the actual chronological order of the series is 3, 1, 4, 2, and since the series has had different directors, there has been a general shift in tone. It'd be a good idea to play DMC1 and DMC3 from the HD Collection first (just skip 2. It's bad and Capcom basically pretends it doesn't exist. And the PC version of DMC3 is pretty borked, requiring a lot of tweaking to work correctly). Both are masterpieces. DMC4 does stand on its own, though. You wouldn't be too lost.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Did I miss any flash sales?

This is a week before my paycheck, this is bullshit

If you think that's bullshit, my paycheck is literally the day after the sale ends, and I had a big paycheck coming in too, but money's tight this month.

Ghostly Adventures not bad? Might pick it up. A mediocre 3d platformer can still be a little fun, if only because of the lack of 3d platformers out there.

Will most likely pick up pacman. Thanks OP.

I enjoyed Wonderful 101 and MGR and think Bayonetta looks good (from a gameplay sense). Would I enjoy this?
And do the stories build on one another? I prefer to play the first if they do.
Yeah, it's a really fun action game. As for the story, it's only connected to the others in the loosest terms.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some of you guys have no concept of what these hidden gem threads are about :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom