• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

I just dont understand how they can let this happen. Its either extreme ignorance or extremely poor planning from their web/infrastructure team. Someone should teach them how to use an elastic beanstalk.
Because people will deal with it, purchases will be made and the traffic will continue. It sucks but they're in no immediate need to improve it because... it'll all work eventually.

It doesn't exactly have a ton of single player content, but it's worth it if you're into fighters and the characters. Game's fun, and unbalanced as fuck but that's part of the appeal.

I'm pretty sure it'll get cheaper, not sure when though.

Will it go cheaper during the sale? I thought all prices maintained now rather than dailys etc?

Steam is dead. RIP summer sale.

giphy.gif

rgoulart

So sad. I have to get out now and was hoping I could buy Tabletop Simulator before that and download it on my notebook to take it with me but I can barely navigate Steam, let alone buy something.

Forward

Guilty Gear Rev 1 is only 24% off. And the Rev 2 upgrade is not on sale. Nier Automata is only 30% off. This sale is a wash, for me.

Nick_C

Asking again: how is dead cells?

Dead Cells is really good. There isn't a TON of content, but what is there is fantastic. Keep in mind that it is Early Access, so things change semi-regularly, and some of the systems don't fell balanced (ie, continued upgrades to weapons).

Vuze

Fancy a Sniper Elite game but don't want to pay for 4, is 3 a good game?
It's a great game, unfortunately it crashed constantly when I recently wanted to play it with a buddy. It seemingly was/is a bug in the driver, you might want to check the Steam boards to see if Nvidia fixed it (if you got a card from them) before buying in.

Risero

Banned
Real talk. How is Dragon Ball Xenoverse? Is it good for someone who recently started getting into Dragon Ball Z?

It's a pretty mediocre game all around IMO. Wait for Dragon Ball FighterZ coming out early 2018. Or if you can't wait see if you can get your hands on Budakai 3 or Budakai Tenkaichi 3. There's other good DB games but I'm sure somebody else will list them

Steel

Banned
... And now not only can I not check out, but my cart's contents keep getting cleared.

Great. You know what, I'll just come back later.

Nick_C

How's Arkham Knight? It was borked at release, right? Better now?

In the 11 hours that I played there were some framerate dips, nothing serious though. It wasn't any worse than when I played through on PS4, and that was considered the superior version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom