• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale Returns Thursday June 27th

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
If it's in warranty, their repairs are pretty good - I had a power issue with the OG and then a fuzzy headphone socket with the OLED and they switched both out within a week or two.
Nah. It's a launch device. Again, I don't use it a tone, and haven't really from day one....and mostly indies. I tried air into it, but didn't help. I know I can take it apart and clean, or maybe order a stick.....but I'd probably fuck it up. I replaced a Switch one, but I think the Steam Deck would be tougher

Tunned

I just realized that, when I bought the Command & Conquer bundle back when EA finally released all the C&C games on Steam, I accidentally also bought C&C 4... because it was included in the bundle. Fuck.

I gave EA money for C&C 4 and I only realize it now...
I also bought the bundle on launch, I really wished it did not include C&C4 in it, but since that is not possible, I just hid it out of sight. Never played that turd, never will.

Just imagine C&C4 came free with the bundle, no one will buy it separately anyway.

I wish I could sell you my copy. It's my biggest gaming purchase regret, ever.

No Man's Sky and Dragon's Dogma 2 are in the top 3, but at least I was able to sell those retail discs. BG3 is forever a reminder that I wasted $100 on a digital game with four hours played.
I played a hundred hours... without ever leaving the first act... before realizing that if I wanted to throw that many dice, I'd rather do it around areal table with my friends. :messenger_pensive:

T4keD0wN

Ubisoft has many 80-90% all-time lows on steam, including this gem
In terms of Doom clones, if you haven't played Boltgun yet I highly recommend!
Had both already, great games, but i did pick up the dlcs for both games.
Prodeus is an amazing boomer shooter.
Looks great
2024-06-27-22-45-15.png

Are you a fan of Yakuza or the first Judgment? Lost judgment is top tier among the studio's output.
I think ive tried every Like a dragon thats on PC, but i tend to give up after like an hour into the game, only one ive finished was "the man who erased his name" and i got like 6 hours far in the new Ishin game. (yes i know that i may have commitment issues)
However i always wanted to be a detective as a kid, so i am a bit tempted. You think it does a good job of satisfying that?

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

What was the game that was like cyberpunk but really low res? always been looking to get it but forgot to put it on my wishlist

StueyDuck

My current list of shame, Yep, it's a VR month for me, The List is still subject to change. But Riven is definitely happening this weekend

fG6HYa6.png

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
There's some ok stuff in there if you dig a little. I picked up FH4 Ultimate Edition for $19.99 even though I've played it on GP previously.
-MCC $9.99
-TW3 $3.99
-DOOM $3.99
-DOOM Eternal $9.99
-Disco Elysium $3.99
-Half-Life Alyx $20.39
-AC Odyssey $8.99
-AC Origins $8.99
-Ori and the Blind Forest $4.99
-Shadow of War $2.49
-Civ 6 $2.99
-Bioshock Collection $11.99
-L4D2 $.99
-ME Legendary $5.99
-Jedi: Fallen Order $3.99

Last edited:

Freeman76

Shit I wanted a steam deck but they sold out of the discounted ones even though you can still buy them at full price

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Shit I wanted a steam deck but they sold out of the discounted ones even though you can still buy them at full price
I'm still seeing the discounted 64GB and 512GB LCD models in-stock. Do you mean the refurbished models? Just grab a 64GB for $296 and upgrade it with a $38 512GB 2230 NVMe from Amazon. You'd have a 512GB Deck for $334.

calistan

Shit, this is depressing. I can't find anything - not one single thing - that I actually want to play and don't already have, or haven't already tried and refunded.

There's credit in my steam wallet. There's nothing I want :-(

LectureMaster

Gold Member
I think ive tried every Like a dragon thats on PC, but i tend to give up after like an hour into the game, only one ive finished was "the man who erased his name" and i got like 6 hours far in the new Ishin game. (yes i know that i may have commitment issues)
However i always wanted to be a detective as a kid, so i am a bit tempted. You think it does a good job of satisfying that?
Well it's not like a pure detective experience as you know there are loads of side and goofy contents.

But the main story was very focused and engaging. Seeing it unfold was indeed satisfying.

Have you played the first one? The case was even strong imo, I tried hard to guess the murder but turned out completely wrong, lol.

Guilty_AI

Some interesting games:

Open world RPG with hardcore realism:

Sonic-like platformer:

A time-trial stunt racer with tron visuals:

Monster management sim:

Dark fantasy metroidvania:

3D metroidvania magic shooter.

Immersive sim. If you're into Portal or similar 3D enviromental puzzle games, i highly recommend this

Celcius

°Temp. member
I have battlefield 3, 4, 1, and 5 on Origin (now ea play).
Is there any benefit to buying them on Steam dirt cheap during the summer sale?
I see that I'd still have to run ea play anyway...

Jesb

I was hoping the dark pictures collection would be nicely discounted but nothing at all. I played a few of those games and enjoyed them.

Laptop1991

Just bought RTCW again after 20 years to use the Real RTCW mod after seeing Mac from Worth a Buy recommend the mod, great game haven't played in over 10 years i can't use my my original disc version as it won't work with it apparentley, cost me a whole £1.43 lol, bread and water for a few days now. but i'm looking forward to playing it again.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Sekiro is @29.99?!?!?!?
Are they insane with these crazy prices????
That's Activision publishing for you, my man. I paid €30 for my PS4 Sekiro copy just last year and I thought it was a good deal. :lollipop_pensive:

Btw, Sekiro's current Steam price is just $3 USD higher than its historical low of $26.99.

czusOx5.png

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Balders Gate now installing on my Steam Deck. Kind of felt sorry the games I had to delete to squeeze it on there. It’s quite a big game.

GymWolf

Gold Member
My list so far:

Ys Origins14'5 €
Ys Seven15 €
Ys Lacrimosa of Dana14 €
Zwei: The Arges Adventure4'5 €
Roadwarden5'5 €
Blasphemous II13'5 €
Tunic14'5 €
PowerSlave Exhumed7'5 €
Severed Steel4'2 €
Vertigo Remastered (VR)9'5 €
Sacred Gold2'5 €
Silver2 €

Mostly Steam Deck fuel, plus a few FPS games for playing on desktop and a few oldies too. Vertigo looks cool too, should be a nice excuse to remove the dust off my Index.

Anything here I should avoid and skip?

ezgif-7-0cd7bdb4cf.gif

Top Bottom