• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody calculated if all the flash sales end with Summer Sale or they would be running some hours after the sale. I kinda hope that they will be the norm.

Petrie

Banned
And there's Arma 2.

Still, I don't know how much DayZ I'll play, especially since I'm told beneath it all the game is Arma, and very hardcore.

Fuck. At least I have some time to decide. $18 for what may prove to be a minor diversion for a few hours is a lot.

Gaf? What say you?

DukeBobby

This is the third time I've gone back and forth on the original Deus Ex. Only played a little and quit before I finished the liberty level. I loved DEHR but I think if I want more DE I'll just replay that. If I get the steam version can't I patch out the first level? Hi Res textures?

The liberty level is easily the worst part of the game. I almost gave up myself, but I pushed on and I didn't regret it.

An-Det

Nice to see Arma 2 at last, though I only needed Operation Arrowhead. For DayZ, do you need either or the OA dlc's (British Armed Forces, Private Military Company) or is vanilla OA good?

Is Arma II actually a fun game? I am interested in DayZ alone (like many, many others) but I am also kind of interested in the game itself.

Is it worth it at this price if I want to play Arma as well?

Megasoum

Banned
HA! Since the very first day I kept saying that ARMA2 would only show up on the last day and I was right! (tomorrow doesn't count since it's recap day).

Not a great deal but hey, better than nothing.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
r8zNN.jpg

I'm going to assume it's ArmA II that is missing from my daily deals?

Bunch of fucking repeats damn

Seriously... I'm over this sale. I still love the sale, but I... I just need some time to think. Maybe it's not you, sale. It could be me. Oh, who am I kidding. It's definitely you, sale.

We used to have something magical, and lately it's just like we've been in a rut, ya know? Sitting on the couch, laptop open, it used to feel so special. Now, it just feels like everything we're doing we've done before a hundred times.

We're just growing apart, and that's okay. I want you to make others happy. For me, well, I think I just need something new. Some other fix.

Maybe I'll try heroin.

This is the third time I've gone back and forth on the original Deus Ex. Only played a little and quit before I finished the liberty level. I loved DEHR but I think if I want more DE I'll just replay that. If I get the steam version can't I patch out the first level? Hi Res textures?
Just tough out that first section, if you ever beat the game you'll laugh when you look back and notice that it deterred you. It's a blip in the larger scheme of it.

2 Games that got released 2009 and 2010 so 2-3 years ago gets a -40% discount. Months old games get a -75% discount.

Arma 2 is the bigges ripoff now.

Tess3ract

Banned
Only thing's i'm considering today is DKS and batman....dunno

do I need to eat, or can I live off popcorn (i'm serious I dont have much money left :( )

Einbroch

Banned
So are the DayZ guys getting paid anything for making an otherwise completely irrelevant game relevant? No one cared about ARMA2 until DayZ, and now Bohemia Interactive is making bank.

MNC

Check the arma 2 combined ops page, it tells you right there

Day Z Mod
The Day Z Mod requires Arma II: Combined Operations which is made up of Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead

Yes
I think you can also use ARMA II FREE + Operation Arrowhead

Gala

And again no Transformers: War for Cybertron deal :(. Guess it won't become one of the last flash sales either. Why Gaben, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom