• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

GAF I need help:

Do I buy The Crysis Maximum bundle (Crysis1 and Warhead)?

Or do I buy Driver SF?

I really only want Driver SF if it has a mode where you see how long you can outrun the cops.

On the flip side, I had crysis 1 a long time ago when it first came out, and played most of it, but never beat it.

I can't decide!

DLM

Neo Member
So far I bought this + all DLC available

Amnesia
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Batman Arkham city
The Binding of Isaac
Borderlands
Braid
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dear Esther
Deus Ex HR + Missing link
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Driver San Francisco
Fable 3
Fable the lost chapters
Fallout NV
Left 4 Dead 1+2
LIMBO
Max Payne 3
Metro 2033
Mirror's Edge
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Portal 2
Rayman Origins
Saints Row the third
Super Meat Boy
Splinter Cell Conviction
Trine 1+2

Anything I'm missing that anyone would recommend?

Caerith

So, tomorrow's the last day of sales, with everything ending on Monday morning (PST), right? And traditionally, the last day is a recap/best of. What about games like SFIVAE or, say, King's Bounty, that were put up in flash or community choice but didn't get dailies? Can we expect them to be discounted on the final day or if we missed them is it too bad so sad?

MRORANGE

So, tomorrow's the last day of sales, with everything ending on Monday morning (PST), right? And traditionally, the last day is a recap/best of. What about games like SFIVAE or, say, King's Bounty, that were put up in flash or community choice but didn't get dailies? Can we expect them to be discounted on the final day or if we missed them is it too bad so sad?

The latter most likely unless it appears as a vote deal.

Petrie

Banned
can't blame them lol

Not only can't blame them, it's actually generous on their part to offer the additional discount, with how well it has been selling the entire sale.

Now Steam, take my monies. I want to get my DayZ on, so stop being silly about my purchases via the mobile app and/or site damnit.

Oh how I miss being at my PC. Lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
As always, everyone is free to add me as well, ShaneB there as well.

Also, already regretting some of my purchases.. when am I going to play these?! :( Would like to pick up Arma2 for Day Z, but I'm trying my best to resist putting more money in my Steam wallet.

I know I'll crack.. .
LLShC.gif
My good man, ArmA II is mandatory!

gotee12

Or just set your Steam Community profile as your homepage.

5YSCw.jpg

Edit: That took forever to upload.

Hey, that's an awesome idea! I'll go edit my opti....

What the heck? I've already done that? It's like getting hyped for a Steam sale only to discover that you already own the game...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GAF I need help:

Do I buy The Crysis Maximum bundle (Crysis1 and Warhead)?

Or do I buy Driver SF?

I really only want Driver SF if it has a mode where you see how long you can outrun the cops.

On the flip side, I had crysis 1 a long time ago when it first came out, and played most of it, but never beat it.

I can't decide!

It doesn't, at least in SP. The closest game type to this is the one that involves getting away from the cops as soon as possible... which is the exact opposite of what you want.

no_to_co

Bought the Dawn Of War Franchise Pack for $30.

Anybody know how to change your steam install directory? Running out of room on my C drive.

Martian

Amnesia
Batman Arkham city
The Binding of Isaac
Borderlands
Braid
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dear Esther
Driver San Francisco
Fable 3
Fable the lost chapters
Fallout NV
Left 4 Dead 1+2
LIMBO
Max Payne 3
Metro 2033
Mirror's Edge
Portal 2
Rayman Origins
Saints Row the third
Super Meat Boy
Splinter Cell Conviction
Trine 1+2

Money

j/k

You could go for Shogun 2 or Alan Wake. Two awesome games

Koroviev

Amnesia
Batman Arkham city
The Binding of Isaac
Borderlands
Braid
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dear Esther
Driver San Francisco
Fable 3
Fable the lost chapters
Fallout NV
Left 4 Dead 1+2
LIMBO
Max Payne 3
Metro 2033
Mirror's Edge
Portal 2
Rayman Origins
Saints Row the third
Super Meat Boy
Splinter Cell Conviction
Trine 1+2

If it goes on sale again, you should pick up The Walking Dead. It really is excellent.

Finally bit the bullet and bought Rayman. Basically everyone was right. I had seen the game before and watched videos on YouTube but nothing does it justice than actually playing it. Only did the first world in 2P coop but it was a ton of fun. It feels so much more alive than the recent Wario game that had similar graphics. Yeeeeeep. Definitely my game of the sale.

Xater

Also anyone who did not pick up Tiny & Big during this sale is a fool. Might be my favorite pick up during the whole sale.

Joining in on the fun. :3 http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheGrimHeaper

does anyone know why i can't play burnout paradise? when i go to launch it i get this

wSNg5.png

JJB4Q.png
bahaha they didn't have enough keys? Not to laugh at your misfortune or anything!

If it goes on sale again, you should pick up The Walking Dead. It really is excellent.
It's so great. I feel crushed and beaten after making most of my decisions. ):

Also anyone who did not pick up Tiny & Big during this sale is a fool. Might be my favorite pick up during the whole sale.
If it goes back on sale, I'll try to snatch it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom