• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

Oh man, ARMA II must've been an explosion of WTF excitement for people huh? Also, Divinity II, yay or nay and any reasoning?

Anyone have any interest in any of the Community Votes? My interest is completely fizzed out and I have no idea what to vote for.

I could use more friends too ._.

Ostinatto

so far

Alan Wake
Dear Esther
Deus Ex Human Rev
skyrim
GTA IV
GTA episodes from liberty city
L.A. Noire
Max Payne 3
SimCity4: Deluxe
Vampire: The Masquerade BL
The Witcher ED
The Witcher 2 ED

$120

i have $11,79 left, any suggestions are welcome :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Or no money. Someone gift him something instead of giving Yoshi another game!
SteamGAF's already been too kind to me, I rest on my knees and thank you all for that! I really appreciate it!

I shall start paying for my games from now on!

GABEN,

sSXA5.png

*goes back to Bastion*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kingdoms of Amalur DLC, The Walking Dead (assuming it's -40% again), and maybe one or two -75% games are looking to be my final purchases of the sale.

so far

Alan Wake
Dear Esther
Deus Ex Human Rev
skyrim
GTA IV
L.A. Noire
Max Payne 3
The Witcher ED
The Witcher 2 ED

$120

Dear Esther. You'll thank me.

Katoki

Anyone have anything excellent or bad to say about Divinity II? It looks interesting but it's at the $10 point where Sunday and Monday will become dangerous. I don't want to add anymore to my Steam wallet now.

Katoki

In two days I won't remember who's who out of all the people I've added in the last 3 minutes. This is not going to end well at all.

Normally, I'd be picking up Evochron Mercenary, since I just love open space-sims, and I am intrigued by the idea of being able to manually land on planets, but my Steam wallet is too low to purchase both it and Ys The Oath in Felghana, even if the latter does go on a Flash sale.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
SteamGAF's already been too kind to me, I rest on my knees and thank you all for that! I really appreciate it!

I shall start paying for my games from now on!

GABEN,

sSXA5.png

*goes back to Bastion*

But will you start PLAYING all your games?

Mairu

In two days I won't remember who's who out of all the people I've added in the last 3 minutes. This is not going to end well at all.

It gets better when you look in a few months and the majority of them have changed their Steam IDs so you don't recognize anyone on your friends list

Koroviev

so far

Alan Wake
Dear Esther
Deus Ex Human Rev
skyrim
GTA IV
L.A. Noire
Max Payne 3
The Witcher ED
The Witcher 2 ED

$120

I see no Ys. You must rectify this sad state of affairs.

Civilization 4 or 5, or both?

My steamid is gezeroz
I've only played Civ V for a significant amount of time but everything I've heard indicates that Civ IV is the better, more indepth game so I'd personally get that if I could only get one. In saying that though, Civ V is very fun so it doesn't really matter which you get (but just keep in mind that there will probably be a complete pack next year that includes everything).

Anyone have anything excellent or bad to say about Divinity II? It looks interesting but it's at the $10 point where Sunday and Monday will become dangerous. I don't want to add anymore to my Steam wallet now.

It will probably be 5.99 on Amazon with a steam key in Auguest if you wanna wait till then. Think Tony said they will try to run the promo again.

Kingdoms of Amalur DLC, The Walking Dead (assuming it's -40% again), and maybe one or two -75% games are looking to be my final purchases of the sale.

I bought the Kingdom of Amalur DLC on amazon when it was on sale for $4.98.

I have only play Teeth of Naros so far. I can tell you that the story is actually good, and it doesn't feel generic like the rest of the game. It's actually interesting. I like the game, but I loved my Teeth of Naros experience. Still it's only 8 hours.

evilhomer

I've only played Civ V for a significant amount of time but everything I've heard indicates that Civ IV is the better, more indepth game so I'd personally get that if I could only get one. In saying that though, Civ V is very fun so it doesn't really matter which you get (but just keep in mind that there will probably be a complete pack next year that includes everything).

If people are just getting Civ IV remember to get the BtS expansion with it. It adds quite a bit and you won't need any other add-on.

Katoki

It will probably be 5.99 on Amazon with a steam key in Auguest if you wanna wait till then. Think Tony said they will try to run the promo again.

Ah. Thanks. I haven't been keeping up with the Amazon stuff ever since the Steam sale started. Just too much hassle watching stuff that's not happening NOW now.

It'll also give me a little time to recover from the expenditures not that I don't have enough now.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How is Evochron Mercenary guys? I liked Freelancer, would I like this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom