• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Think I'm done, since tomorrow will probably be a recap. And none of the rest of the games I wanted will get further discounts anyway.

Trine 2
Witcher 2
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Titan Quest Gold
Divine Divinity
Hard Reset

$48.36, still came out under $50.

recap is monday

Said the deals had 48 more hours when today's went up, it's counting down now. So today's deals for 24 hours (on the main page at least), then recap for 24 hours.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Well, I'm a little pissed. I'm playing QUBE, and I get to a pretty hard puzzle, that I solve. When suddenly, it just glitches out and one of the blocks REQUIRED to have to complete the puzzle literally disappears. Just gone, zero explanation. (This is not the type of game where that can happen, and I'm 100% positive on the solution, and that there is only one solution.)

It was a puzzle that took me about 20 minutes, and I had to do a puzzle before it to. I don't think it checkpointed me at that puzzle, either.

Anyway, it sucks. The game is pretty fun, but you can tell the puzzles weren't playtested by a mass of people.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Giving away Half-Life 2: Episode Two if anyone does not have it yet. Kind of sad seeing it in my inventory.

First reply gets it.

Anyone know if you can gift DLC to someone who doesn't have the base game?

All I want is the damn GFWL code for it, I don't need Steam to do anything.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Giving away Half-Life 2: Episode Two if anyone does not have it yet. Kind of sad seeing it in my inventory.

First reply gets it.

Very nice of you. I don't want it, though. =)

So how do I copy the URL of my Steam Community profile to set it as my homepage here on GAF?

Seriously I must be the biggest idiot/noob on Steam, it's too "Master Race Community" oriented for me. :p

Caerith

Oh, are we playing "what's your Steam ID?" There's a thread for that, but here's mine: http://steamcommunity.com/id/caerith

The latter most likely unless it appears as a vote deal.
I'm hoping so. I mean since Valve would have negotiated the sale prices with the publishers, it would be really silly if they never used them. Some games have gotten vote, flash, and daily, which fits the theory that Valve is going to use the discounts they negotiated. SFIVAE was a day 1 flash sale, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the next community choice, but then if you look at King's Bounty, what can they do? If it wins or loses the current vote, they can't put it up as a flash sale today (because then what's the point of voting). I hope that the last day has all prior flash/vote deals up as dailies.

blazeuk

Since everyone is doing it, here's mine; http://steamcommunity.com/id/lowey21/

And to add abit more to the post, here's what i'm likely to end up having bought during the sale (since the only other game I wanted was Arma II, but was hoping for a cheaper price);

iXXHexVUUtlhu.png

2 of those are thanks to Tony from the Amazon thread.

evilhomer

Oh, are we playing "what's your Steam ID?" There's a thread for that, but here's mine: http://steamcommunity.com/id/caerith/home/

I'm hoping so. I mean since Valve would have negotiated the sale prices with the publishers, it would be really silly if they never used them. Some games have gotten vote, flash, and daily, which fits the theory that Valve is going to use the discounts they negotiated. SFIVAE was a day 1 flash sale, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the next community choice, but then if you look at King's Bounty, what can they do? If it wins or loses the current vote, they can't put it up as a flash sale today (because then what's the point of voting). I hope that the last day has all prior flash/vote deals up as dailies.

You should edit out the /home part :p

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Sajjaja

Put me up there with the $0...... my steam name right now is Sajjaja, He Who Has Bought None.

Still want that Steam badge though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom