• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Okay so here's the thing about ArmA II: I own the base game already, but not the Steam version. How will I be able to install Operation Arrowhead from Steam?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought the Kingdom of Amalur DLC on amazon when it was on sale for $4.98.

I have only play Teeth of Naros so far. I can tell you that the story is actually good, and it doesn't feel generic like the rest of the game. It's actually interesting. I like the game, but I loved my Teeth of Naros experience. Still it's only 8 hours.

Good to hear. I resumed my playthrough the other day, after some ~90 hours with the game in the weeks following release, but I'm still working my way to the second continent, so it'll be a while before I get around to the DLC. The only reason I've waited so long to buy it is that I'd hoped it would go on sale, but the recent demise of 38 Studios saw fit to guarantee otherwise (the Steam version is self-published, which also means that the game will be pulled from the Store soon enough).

I know this is a steam thread but if you missed it green man gaming has a bunch of steam activated games for 75% off.

Metro 2033 $4.98
Darksiders $4.98
Deus Ex : HR $7.49
Lara Croft: TGoL$3.74

Hitman is also 75% off, not sure if it's steam enabled.

Razek

Banned
So once Age of Empires 3 goes live again I recommend anyone who is into Civ and rts games and would like to see a blend of these two give it a try. I have been really enjoying it so far. Just make sure you play the dynasty pack because that one has all the content of the last 2.

Bowdz

I have a really stupid question. I'm running low on HDD space. Does anyone have an exact number for how much space Combined Operations takes up? Steam has 10GB listed for Arma 2 and 20GB for Operation Arrowhead.

Gala

While I'm still looking for a russian GAFer who can help me out with Transformers: War for Cybertron, here the damage so far:

Bulletstorm
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Driver: San Francisco
Tom Clancy's Slinter Cell Conviction
Botanicula
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Krater
PixelJunk Eden + Soundtrack
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers Soundtrack Edition (THIS GAME NEEDS MORE LOVE!)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Thief Gold
Thief II
Europa Universalis III
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Dungeon Defenders Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC
Stacking
Rage
Hard Reset: Extended Edition
Syberia
Saints Row: The Third
Saints Row: The Third - Saints Purple Ops Pack
Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass DLC Pack
Saints Row: The Third - Maximum Pleasure Pack
Saints Row: The Third - Penthouse Pack
Saints Row: The Third - Witches and Wieners Pack
Saints Row: The Third - Special Ops Vehicle Pack
Hitman: Blood Money
The Darkness II
Dead Island
Ys Origin
Alice Madness Returns
Lord of the Rings: War in the North (already completed it, had a lot of fun with it, sadly no one played it only : / )
Alan Wake CE Extras
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Mount and Blade: Warband
Warlock DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane
Warlock Power of Serpent DLC
Trine 2
Hacker Evolution Duality
Avernum Great Trials Trilogy

Also from several other sales around the summer sale:
Alan Wake
The Last Remnant
L.A. Noire

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm running low on HDD space. Does anyone have an exact number for how much space Combined Operations takes up? Steam has 10GB listed for Arma 2 and 20GB for Operation Arrowhead.

I think it was about 11gb total, iirc. Maybe that was just the download, though.

RedSwirl

Pretty sure you can't.

Actually the page says you don't need ArmA II at all to play Operation Arrowhead. It's just DayZ that requires both, or requires Combined Operations. Given that, I actually don't know if or when I'll play DayZ. My internet connection right now isn't even good enough for multiplayer. Plus I barely got the chance to start ArmA II (I'm actually interested in its singleplayer campaign).

Debating picking up Torchlight, can someone talk me into getting it or not getting it?

Do you like Diablo?
Do you have fun playing Diablo single player?
Can you stand the graphic style?

If the answer is yes for the three it's a must buy at the price, if there is one no, wait for Torchlight 2. :)

Razek

Banned
Debating picking up Torchlight, can someone talk me into getting it or not getting it?

Hack and slash with iffy controls but tons of loot and decent control over how your character develops. I find it very hard to play as a melee character because of the horrible mouse selection controls, which left clicking shares both move and attack. A ranged or magic character is much more feasible.

Remember that pre-ordering the second game gives you a free copy of torchlight 1.

palabok

Neo Member
So I was thinking about getting Dawn of War: Platinum Edition and I noticed Soulstorm wasn't part of the bundle. Should I get that as well or is it not worth it?

Enfinit

only negative thing I could say about is that Torchlight 2 is supposedly coming out soon

Besides that, I've heard a lot of people praise it. I haven't done extensive research, but it looks like a very pretty Diablo (of which I'm not really that big a fan of those styles of games). However, if the story's worth it, I'll spend the $3 on it.

Hack and slash with iffy controls but tons of loot and decent control over how your character develops. I find it very hard to play as a melee character because of the horrible mouse selection controls, which left clicking shares both move and attack. A ranged or magic character is much more feasible.

Remember that pre-ordering the second game gives you a free copy of torchlight 1.
Wow, thanks for the head's up on the Torchlight 2 pre-order. However, if the controls are that terrible I might stay away. Is the story good?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Playing Bastion with all kinds of Idols/Gods active just makes the whole experience even better. How the heck is that even possible?

Giard

I know this is a steam thread but if you missed it green man gaming has a bunch of steam activated games for 75% off.

Metro 2033 $4.98
Darksiders $4.98

Don't forget that you can use this code at the same time:

COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

to get 20% off.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Metro 2033 $4.98
Darksiders $4.98

Nope.

Capsule Client : This title requires Capsule to play.

The only one that's redeemable on Steam is the upcoming Hitman: Absolution - Professional Edition.

RedSwirl

Looks like we're probably not gonna get anything more for Might and Magic though. Should I give up and just accept the current $6.69 price for Dark Messiah? I just paid less than that for Darksiders.

Salsa

Besides that, I've heard a lot of people praise it. I haven't done extensive research, but it looks like a very pretty Diablo (of which I'm not really that big a fan of those styles of games). However, if the story's worth it, I'll spend the $3 on it.

id say avoid if you dont like Diablo

but id also say get it if you're willing to give that genre another chance. It's a great game.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Playing Bastion with all kinds of Idols/Gods active just makes the whole experience even better. How the heck is that even possible?

Awww yeeeaahhh. Game's so much fun. There are only a few things I disliked, like the hammer challenge (or something like that). Otherwise, it's a masterpiece.

Napophis

Alan Wake
Alice: Madeness Returns
Anno 2070 (Wife wanted it)
Bastion
Dead Island
Dear Esther
Fear Complete Pack
Farcy Complete Pack
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Legend of Grimrock
Max Payne 3
Rage
Waves
Ys Origin

about to pull the trigger on if steam would get its act together:

Arma II
Rayman
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/napophis

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Quantum Conundrum is a daily, nice. Tried the demo on PS3 the other day, really fun and charming game :)
Might get the season pass...
I went totally overboard this sale and never looked back

Are we still doing the steam id thing?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/x05atun
:p

Katoki

I've hidden my Steam ID in this post as well. Sorry for the secrecy, just don't really want to add anyone other than gaffers.

Good idea. I'm just gonna do a purge whenever I feel the need to. No difference to me if no one remembers me and I don't remember them.

Nope.

The only one that's redeemable on Steam is the upcoming Hitman: Absolution - Professional Edition.

Really all of those say require steam on the page. How could they not be redeemable and require steams, my bad. :)

Every time I've read:
Third party DRM: Steam
This game requires a free Steam account to play.
It's be redeemable on Steam for me.

Salsa

the thing that sucked about Bastion is that back when it came out the dadzone was way too low for a 360 controller. Each time I aimed at something and let go of the stick the kid would do a complete 180 turn and started shooting the other way.

Did they fix that? still really enjoyed it

Dacvak

Casually interested in Driver. Can't decide...I never end up playing racing games...

SalsaShark swears by that game. I haven't tried it, but he says it's the bee's knees.

Enfinit

id say avoid if you dont like Diablo

but id also say get it if you're willing to give that genre another chance. It's a great game.

The only reason I got through Diablo is because I really enjoyed the lore, and I'm definitely willing to give the genre more chances. If Torchlight 1 is free when pre-ordering Torchlight 2, I think I might go that route. I trust GAF's recommendations that much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I've hidden my Steam ID in this post as well. Sorry for the secrecy, just don't really want to add anyone other than gaffers.

That's what the "ignore" option is for. ;) I advertise my profile/account names willy nilly and get a non-GAFer friend request only once every week or two. (No groups or friends in common? No acceptation!)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Really all of those say require steam on the page. How could they not be redeemable and require steams, my bad. :)

Every time I've read:
Third party DRM: Steam
This game requires a free Steam account to play.
It's be redeemable on Steam for me.
None of them say that except for Hitman: Absolution - Professional Edition.

I'm talking about the Hitman games since you said they were also 75% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom