• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlhbk

Two things.

So using gamesavemanager is there anyway to automatically sync my saves up to my google drive? I have it setup to go there, but for instance if I save in Skyrim will it automatically go to the could without me manually syncing it?

I am guessing that now is the time to buy anything that hasn't been a daily/flash deal since tomorrow will be recaps of the best deals? If so recommendations?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sheit, I'm kind of interested in the Dawn of War and Command and Conquer games.

I didn't care for Dawn of War 2, but the original Dawn of War seems like a good RTS. C&C RA3 looks interesting too, but I haven't heard great things about it.

What says GAF about these games?

Ledsen

Yeah, it seemed like the most unlikely winner, imo :\

d.

Not really, EVERYONE played AoE. Including the "average gamer" who doesn't read GAF. It was a huge series back in the day, while King's Bounty is basically unknown. HoMM is pretty big but still AoE is bigger.

la_briola

Sheit, I'm kind of interested in the Dawn of War and Command and Conquer games.

I didn't care for Dawn of War 2, but the original Dawn of War seems like a good RTS. C&C RA3 looks interesting too, but I haven't heard great things about it.

What says GAF about these games?

Buy DoW II. Its great.

AFAIR: C&C RA3 is not great.

Davedough

I'm actually hoping no megaton sales go on for these last few hours of today, through tomorrow. I ended up with $120ish in my Steam wallet through random encounters with money and I'm down to $5. This has been a fantastic sale season.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/davedough just in case anyone wants an old bald guy to talk to.

Hawk269

Two questions....

1) Is Divinity 2 Controller COmpatible
2) Does the Steam Sale end at Midnight Local time or is there a time that it just ends regardless?

I have a few games for friends I need to get, but waiting for a response from them, but heading out to BBQ in about 15min and wont be back until 9pm tonight, so just wondering if the sale ends at a certain time.

Thanks!

Davedough

Two questions....

1) Is Divinity 2 Controller COmpatible
2) Does the Steam Sale end at Midnight Local time or is there a time that it just ends regardless?

I have a few games for friends I need to get, but waiting for a response from them, but heading out to BBQ in about 15min and wont be back until 9pm tonight, so just wondering if the sale ends at a certain time.

Thanks!

I think it goes through the 22nd. Whatever time, it will be Pacific Standard Time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got Vampire when it was on a flash sale earlier, interested to start it. Only other game I'm really eyeing is Arma, but 40% isn't enough to bite.

Is AoE III worth the 9.99 price point? I do actually want to try out the game, but I also want to save my money for when (and if) Shogun 2 and M&B: Warband goes on sale again. Decisions decisions...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh, when I run Vampire: The Masquerade it starts up fine. Is that patch people talk about only to get around that or should I get it anyway?

Davedough

My haul so far:

Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Dead Space 2
Driver: SF
Dungeon Siege III
Alan Wake w/ American Nightmare
Civ 5
Risen
Oblivion
Witcher 2
Sniper Elite V2
L.A. Noire
Vessel
Bulletstorm
Magicka
STALKER pack

What are the essentials for Dawn of War 2? I see a bunch of DLC in the Franchise pack.

I'm wondering the same thing. It seems like there's a bunch of standalone expansions and the base game. What's good, what's bad? I'm not really up for getting the franchise pack, but I might get one of the $5 things.

Is AoE III worth the 9.99 price point? I do actually want to try out the game, but I also want to save my money for when (and if) Shogun 2 and M&B: Warband goes on sale again. Decisions decisions...

For what it's worth, AoE 3 is a lot less likely to get a discount again for some time. Especially not a 75% discount. Whereas the other 2 games you mentioned go on sale all the time. And they're both Steamworks games AFAIK, so you can pick them up from any site that puts it on sale. If you are interested in Age 3, you should probably get it.

Gala

I got one of these Serious Sam 3 -75% Coupons, a -75% Trine 2 Collectors Edition coupon and a -75% Trine Coupon and no use for them.

Anyone want these?

gdt

Holy shit Total War Shogun 2 is hardcore. Do the tutorial...got it, then the campain throws me into a totally different, more Civ-y situation. Dunno what to do at all. At least to start with, I need a voice or something telling me and guiding me with what to do, and how to do it.

Card Boy

Banned
I got one of these Serious Sam 3 -75% Coupons, a -75% Trine 2 Collectors Edition coupon and a -75% Trine Coupon and no use for them.

Anyone want these?

I will take the Serious Sam 3 one. I got a backlog at the moment and would buy at a later date.

Shurayuki

I never see anyone so much as mention it.

Yeah it certainly doesn't get mentioned a lot (especially around here), but AoE as a series is easily more popular than both of the others together, Heroes has very dedicated fans but still kind of niche, and nobody knows King's Bounty :(

And the votes so far have pretty much shown that it's more about big names than about the games on vote themselves.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
All this Xelios talk has me feeling bad. I have to bow down to Mr Elysia from here & GAF Steam chat as the most generous and selfless person I know around these parts; he doesn't even have a wishlist and keeps all his gifting on the down low. It's definitely an honor knowing him as he's an awesome dude in general. He probably wouldn't want his name here but that's too bad.

I plan on making a post to thank everyone else as the sale closes. I get quite a few gifts in return (my master plan!), and although a few names get thrown around a lot there are a lot of unsung heroes and the generosity is contagious during these sales.

Someone mentioned Arken who's a great dude. He gifted me Kingdoms of Amalur when it came out, which I promptly played and loved, and he's still a friend to this day. Never brings it up or wants anything in return. =)

Pretty sure he is a she.

Pretty sure my penis disagrees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom