• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
niLAO.jpg

Original for comparison

http://i.imgur.com/80GGL.jpg

Gordon Treeman?

Marinated Grilled Chicken with Feta Cheese
Bowtie pasta
Au Gratin potatoes
Cherry cheesecake
Sake

Perhaps not many are noticing my silly contest. I've got some reading to do and will check back shortly for any other replies. Seems Steam is finicky right now, anyhow. Unless others reply within the next twenty minutes or so I'll just cut it short and go with this.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Steam's down. Why isn't there more Half-Life 3 freaking out going on? There's no other explanation.

shiroryu

I love the series. Combat is turn based and very similar to FF:Tactics. Except your character is never in the battle, and instead of party members you have replaceable units that stack. So lets say 1 of the units you have in battle can do 1 damage, 100 will do 100 damage.

I'm a notable hater. So they took the basic HoMM formula, but they've turned it into pretty much just pure busywork by removing the rival AI heroes moving around the map. In HoMM choosing to go back to town to refill on troops was a strategic choice as that gave you fresh troops at the expense of time spent gaining XP or finding treasure. But in KB they just make you go back and refill just to waste your time, seriously there is no reason to not just let you refill troops from anywhere aside from just increasing annoyance and game length as there is no time limit and no opponents moving around the map. No AI opponents also means that defense is not an issue at all. So it's basically light RPG trimmings on top of a greatly simplified HoMM formula. Just move from section to section grinding on repetitive low level mobs, trying to keep losses to a minimum. Without opponents to race for resources for there is no reason to not play it as safely as possible and push to snag resources early or fight higher level mobs.

So yeah, it's charming as all get out. But I found it pretty brainless.

Thanks for the impressions.

Ultimadrago

Contest for Noitu Love 2 Devolution

Alright, I want to give to you folks and support developers that I want to have money. So the first contest came to mind and it's for Noitu Love 2 Devolution to celebrate Joakim Sandberg's excellent 2D action game.

Edit: Added some extra bold. Hopefully someone wants the game, it's quite great!

A soft, yet crispy white piece of pita filled with succulent cuts of lamb, cool tzatziki sauce drips in between fresh tomato chunks topped with a snowy layer of feta cheese. This is topped off with a cool glass of lemonade that has light ice (and a tiny umbrella on the side).

lol That's it.

Giard

Wibblewozzer said:
The Contest:

DESCRIBE TO ME THE BEST SOUNDING MEAL.
Poutine. Fries that are still a bit crunchy, fried in only the best of oils. Fresh cheese curds, made the very same day, spread out all over the plate. Hot gravy poured all over, but not so hot that the cheese melts too much. It has to stay squeaky. With every bite, a heavenly taste fills your mouth.

gabbo

A soft, yet crispy white piece of pita filled with succulent cuts of lamb, cool tzatziki sauce drips in between fresh tomato chunks topped with a snowy layer of feta cheese. This is topped off with a cool glass of lemonade with light ice.

lol That's it.

I don't know about him, but I'm erect. What else ya got to keep my mind off broken steam?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Poutine. Fries that are still a bit crunchy, fried in only the best of oils. Fresh cheese curds, made the very same day, spread out all over the plate. Hot gravy poured all over, but not so hot that the cheese melts too much. It has to stay squeaky. With every bite, a heavenly taste fills your mouth.

You know, I've never had poutine before. It honestly sounds disgusting, but I love trying new foods. Is it easy to make yourself?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How did they troll us?

I think he means "teased". One of the Steam Store backgrounds had stockings for Gordon, Dog, and Alyx, and another had one of the Steam characters (I can never remember their names) wearing a Lambda necklace with three sparkles.

I responded ;w;

Sorry, somehow zipped by you despite going over twice. Wasn't too careful.

Alright, got four replies so far. Interesting variety from all. Not really plan on reading for a little bit and will be back to see what replies there are. Might have a second contest ready to go soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom