• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wurst

Everytime I see Endless Space I tell myself how cool it looks, but then I remember what immense time sink that would be... *sigh*

Danielsan

no, it lost a vote, and it was going to be 25%

dont take this personally, as its not about you per se, but this is about the time in the sale where people start saying games were on sale already when they werent. happens every year :)

and then it spreads :)

again, dont take it personally, just using you as a recent example.
My bad. At least I wasn't wrong about seeing it pop up.

tylerf

I still regret managing to lose my save 18 hours into Dragon Age. I'll probably never replay that and finish now.

Elija2

The only time I let myself run away is when I see the other areas you can access. Nope, not even trying to fight that crazy shit! Speaking of, I think my descendents are starting to be decent enough to venture outside of the castle - which is the easiest next area to tackle?

The order you should be going through the map is Castle (west) -> Forest (east) -> Tower (north) -> Darkness (south).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everytime I see Endless Space I tell myself how cool it looks, but then I remember what immense time sink that would be... *sigh*

edit: the samurai bears are from Stardrive sorry

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That sucks all around, still I'd say Ikaruga doesn't need a sale, it's already a steal @$5...

you can always go lower

lambada-like-a-boss.gif

Helmholtz

Can anyone tell me how long Child of Light is, and if it's worth the 11 dollars? Also, did people enjoy that game or transistor more in general? (I know they're different, but I'll probably only get one).

Anustart

Impressions from games I've acquired this sale.

Rogue Legacy: Absolutely fantastic. Great controls, fun, challenging enemies, great sense of progression. Dunno why people describe this as a metroidvania, as its just classic castlevania, no metroid elements, but regardless, its great.

Pac Man: Great update to the formula, wonderful style and graphics. They nailed what it took to bring Pac into the modern era.

Wolf Among Us: Walking dead? I've already forgotten you. This is a great game and beats out wd season 1, and I'm only just starting episode three. Great characters, intriguing story.

Rhaknar

Can anyone tell me how long Child of Light is, and if it's worth the 11 dollars? Also, did people enjoy that game or transistor more in general? (I know they're different, but I'll probably only get one).

I can tell you Transistor was 100 times more popular, I havent played Child of Light tho, nor will I at that price, as pretty as it looks

oipic

but what about the space samurai bears? :(

stardrive-540x337.jpg

Everyone loves a space bear, but I think this particular chap features in StarDrive (not Endless Space - which is a pity, of course).

Still on the fence about Endless Space - barely get enough time to play as much Civ5 as I'd like, not sure I need another 4X in my life. That UI, though - and SPACE.

Rogue Legacy: Absolutely fantastic. Great controls, fun, challenging enemies, great sense of progression. Dunno why people describe this as a metroidvania, as its just classic castlevania, no metroid elements, but regardless, its great.

Pac Man: Great update to the formula, wonderful style and graphics. They nailed what it took to bring Pac into the modern era.

Wolf Among Us: Walking dead? I've already forgotten you. This is a great game and beats out wd season 1, and I'm only just starting episode three. Great characters, intriguing story.

all of those are amazing games, must-haves everyone should have in their Steam library

zkylon

zkylewd
just watched the happening again just to test my theory and yea, i still believe 100% that movie's a joke movie

like there's a scene about people running from the wind, the "big boss" is an old lady that smashes her head against a window and falls down and dies, there's a scene of mark whalberg talking to a plastic plant, there's scenes of people talking about hotdogs, at one point zooey literally says "just when you thought there couldn't be any more evil that could be invented"

a movie just can't be this bad when it's so enjoyable for it, and i've watched tons of unintentionally bad movies

sounds pretty spot on, i can't remember it all that well but from what i hear last chapter was even worse at release

like i think they added a lot of content to it cos on release it was abrupt and shitty as hell

but yea witcha 2 is an awesome buildup to not much

hopefully witcha 3 will correct that

i still like witcha 1 the most

Knurek

Might & Magic X is amazing.
Each time I fire up the game (just to check something or whatever), Uplay end game report states I played for at least 45 minutes.
Second best game of 2014 so far.

Toshin

Pac Man DX i assume? if so excellent choice! I love how the timed score attack formula was made, perfect combo of speed/score/pattern attack

Arthea

Each time I fire up the game (just to check something or whatever), Uplay end game report states I played for at least 45 minutes.

meaning, time just flies while in M&MX, right? (><)

Volimar

So many games I wouldn't mind getting. But then I know something I really really want will go on sale and I won't have the money for it...

Rhaknar

Everyone loves a space bear, but I think this particular chap features in StarDrive (not Endless Space - which is a pity, of course).

Still on the fence about Endless Space - barely get enough time to play as much Civ5 as I'd like, not sure I need another 4X in my life. That UI, though - and SPACE.

fuck I got my 4Xs mixed up...Im sorry :(

Wurst

Just realized that the developers of Endless Space are also responsible for Endless Legend, which looks equally intriguing.

If games catch your eye like that several times, it must be a sign to pick them up and try. Right?

Please tell me I'm not the only person who completely misunderstood that Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord were different games, the latter is the better one and the humble bundle 11 only gave you the former...as a result I missed buying it. Theres always next sale...or the one after that or the one after that I suppose.

Am I the only one here that doesn't own Bad Rats?
I don't. The fact it is not on sale at all is Bad rats manners (seems to have gotten a permanent 75% off instead, when it used to go on sale for 90% off).

Rhaknar

Just realized that the developers of Endless Space are also responsible for Endless Legend, which looks equally intriguing.

If games catch your eye like that several times, it must be a sign to pick them up and try. Right?

yes but dont buy it because of the space bear, thats in Stardrive aparently (which is also 75% off)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Same here, it's brilliant. 20 hours in and I guess halfway through Act 2. Quite challenging as well.
I'm pretty curious what your number one game from 2014 is. Dark Souls 2?

oipic

M&M X wasn't on my radar until just recently for some reason, but now it's at the top of my list of titles I'd love to see pop up with an attractive daily or flash deal (along with Anno 1404).

Maybe it's unlikely any Steam sale would beat the $10 or whatever it is on MacGameStore - maybe I should jump on that while it's available? Gee, sale time is full of tough calls and hard decisions.

Incidentally, Knurek, what is your top game of the year so far?

I have only bought Marlow Briggs, ET2 Going East and Defy gravity (made 1p off of the price it cost me due to cards) so about £3.50 odd spent so far that's the least I have ever spent. If I see Sniper Elite 3 is any good I don't think the Steam sale will be of any use to me any more...

Copons

sounds pretty spot on, i can't remember it all that well but from what i hear last chapter was even worse at release

like i think they added a lot of content to it cos on release it was abrupt and shitty as hell

but yea witcha 2 is an awesome buildup to not much

hopefully witcha 3 will correct that

i still like witcha 1 the most

Wat? They actually ADDED content to the last chapter? What was it like before? A cut to black and then credit roll? :D

But anyway, yes, TW1 is overall much more cohesive, and my expectations for TW3 are still the hugest ever!

aku:jiki

I'm still new to it too, so maybe I'm wrong, but I've seen parts that definitely seem to require specific skills/traits to access. Stuff like tiny corridors I assume you need a dwarfism character to use, and there was once a chest in a vertical corridor too high for the double jump. So it uses Metroid-style progression, but instead of going to a different part of the castle and obtaining an item to progress, you die and give the ability to your descendant. It obviously makes sense with the theme of the game, but I think it's unfortunate that the game randomizes up rooms you can't use at all.

Still loving the hell out of it and will probably be playing it so much this weekend that I forget to eat.

SephiZack

Stardrive, which is also 75% off

Sadly no, that bear is in Stardrive. Endless Space is still a damn good game if you're a fan of the genre however.

It's from StarDrive.
Apparently it's not good according to user reviews

Damn, I wanted to be friends with that bear :(

If I enjoyed my time in Galactic Civilizations II (even though I didn't play much because of time), which one would be my best bet? Endless Space or Stardrive? (Or should I stick to Galactic Civilizations?)

P.S. Also, I really liked FTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom